IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

This translator is for your use, but if you use it, please realize that you must reply to messages in English. Thanks and enjoy!
2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Why Didn't Harry Just Summon the golden egg?, why harry didnt just say "accio golden egg"
MaraudersG1rl
post Aug 1 2006, 10:34 AM
Post #1

Average HP Fan

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,154

After working hard to perfect his summoning charm before the first task, it seemed strange to me that harry wouldnt just summon the egg. It was also strange how none of the champions even tried to summon it. Was there something in the rules in the first task that said they were not allowed to bring the egg to them magically? because i dont remember anything but maybe there was...maybe they just thought to hard about how to get the egg and overlooked the obvious.

why do you guys think no one at least attempted to summon it?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
baty4potter
post Aug 1 2006, 07:26 PM
Post #2

Greatest HP Fan That Ever Lived

Group: Admin
Member No.: 2

Maybe there was a spell cast upon all the eggs so no one could do that? Otherwise don't have a clue.

+Quote Post
~*~Serendipity~*...
post Aug 1 2006, 08:03 PM
Post #3

Average HP Fan

Member No.: 5,122

I am 99% certain that there was no rule stating that you couldnt summon the egg. But I think there obviously would have been an enchantment on the egg or else they could have summoned the Tri-wizard cup. I imagine they were marking you on how you got the egg, how well you got it, how fact you got it ect... If you were to summon it that wouldnt be too creative. Thats why I also think noone tried to summon it. Fluer probably was trying to go for style, Krum wanted to look tough, and Cedric probably didnt think of it.

+Quote Post
kittygirl543
post Aug 1 2006, 10:57 PM
Post #4

Big HP Fan

Member No.: 3,766

Hmmm...good point. I often wondered why...okaym, not really, but that is a good question. There was probably a spell on it. That's the only thing I can think of.

+Quote Post
baty4potter
post Aug 2 2006, 05:42 AM
Post #5

QUOTE(~*~Serendipity~*~ @ Aug 1 2006, 08:03 PM) [snapback]106316[/snapback]

I am 99% certain that there was no rule stating that you couldnt summon the egg. But I think there obviously would have been an enchantment on the egg or else they could have summoned the Tri-wizard cup. I imagine they were marking you on how you got the egg, how well you got it, how fact you got it ect... If you were to summon it that wouldnt be too creative. Thats why I also think noone tried to summon it. Fluer probably was trying to go for style, Krum wanted to look tough, and Cedric probably didnt think of it.

To be 99% sure you must be JK Rowling. Nice to meet you. Please don't kill off any of my four kids. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

As I stated there *could* have been a spell cast upon the eggs. Spell/enchantment name it what you want, but I'd never put 99% unless again you are JK herself.

+Quote Post
Hermione@13
post Aug 2 2006, 08:03 PM
Post #6

Huge HP Fan

Member No.: 3,572

There must have been a spell that prevented you from summoning the egg. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/huh.gif) Otherwise the tasks would've been too easy. Or maybe the champions were smart enough to not even try because if you did then you would probably get the worst points seeing as anyone could just summon it. I expect part of the scoring depended on difficulty and saying "Accio!" and just having the egg fly toward you isn't very hard!

+Quote Post
~*~Serendipity~*...
post Aug 3 2006, 12:38 AM
Post #7

Average HP Fan

Baty I stand firm with my statement. I said only 99% for this part of my reply "I am 99% certain that there was no rule stating that you couldnt summon the egg." I left one percent incase someone would be kind enough to point out I made a mistake.

+Quote Post
baty4potter
post Aug 3 2006, 05:51 AM
Post #8

Hey you can stand by your decision. I applaud you for it. As for me I'm *never* 99% sure unless I hear it in my own ears or it comes out of my own mouth then I still allow for 1% variance.

Nice to meet you JK... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

+Quote Post
~*~Serendipity~*...
post Aug 3 2006, 05:10 PM
Post #9

Average HP Fan

Yes but my point is there was no rule saying you couldnt or could.

+Quote Post
Hermione@13
post Aug 3 2006, 07:53 PM
Post #10

Huge HP Fan

Exactly, so I don't think you could be that certain! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) You would probably be 50% certain to be safe because anything can happen with these books!

+Quote Post
baty4potter
post Aug 4 2006, 06:00 AM
Post #11

QUOTE(~*~Serendipity~*~ @ Aug 3 2006, 05:10 PM) [snapback]106545[/snapback]

Yes but my point is there was no rule saying you couldnt or could.

How do you know?

Look you could be right, but I don't recall anything in the books saying one way or the other. So I believe there could be no 99% sure.

But then again I have been known to be wrong on occasion. Dumbledore being dead is a prime example. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wacko.gif)

+Quote Post
Hermione@13
post Aug 4 2006, 04:49 PM
Post #12

Huge HP Fan

I agree with Baty, we never actually saw the rules, have we? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/huh.gif) How could we be so sure that there's no rule that says you couldn't summon the egg?

+Quote Post
~*~Serendipity~*...
post Aug 6 2006, 09:32 PM
Post #13

Average HP Fan

I suppose I did try to jump a little too fast.But what this topec is about contradicts itself because there was no rule say you could or couldnt summon the egg. Im just going to fall back on my other theory. Which is that the judges were marking on style and how fast you get the egg. So summoning the egg wouldn't be creative enough. (Just a guess lol)

+Quote Post
baty4potter
post Aug 7 2006, 05:41 AM
Post #14

QUOTE(~*~Serendipity~*~ @ Aug 6 2006, 09:32 PM) [snapback]106881[/snapback]

I suppose I did try to jump a little too fast.But what this topec is about contradicts itself because there was no rule say you could or couldnt summon the egg. Im just going to fall back on my other theory. Which is that the judges were marking on style and how fast you get the egg. So summoning the egg wouldn't be creative enough. (Just a guess lol)

My memory is failing me so.....Please show where in the books it says there is no rule about summoning the eggs. I don't know one way or the other, but we can't assume either way. If there was no rule I would think that one of the champions would have done it.

So if you have a piece from the book that states there was no rule about this please let us know so we all can be satisfied about it.

+Quote Post
~*~Serendipity~*...
post Aug 8 2006, 05:51 PM
Post #15

Average HP Fan

Argh Ask J.K. Rowling lol

+Quote Post
enara
post Dec 29 2006, 07:06 PM
Post #16

Average HP Fan

Member No.: 4,472

You know haow when your really in to something you skip over the simple way to do it? I think that is what happened here. He was probobly so conserned about the dragon he was thinking about how to get past it rather than to get the egg. Know what I mean?

+Quote Post
carebear139612
post Dec 29 2006, 11:26 PM
Post #17

Average HP Fan

Member No.: 5,195

They could've just skipped over the easy option, but did they know they were going to be judged? Because if they did, I don't think they would just summon the egg, because that isn't very impressive, so they probably wouldn't have gotten a very high score.

+Quote Post
~*~Serendipity~*...
post Dec 30 2006, 04:57 AM
Post #18

Average HP Fan

QUOTE(carebear139612 @ Dec 29 2006, 09:26 PM) [snapback]120213[/snapback]
They could've just skipped over the easy option, but did they know they were going to be judged? Because if they did, I don't think they would just summon the egg, because that isn't very impressive, so they probably wouldn't have gotten a very high score.

That's what I have been trying to say. lol

+Quote Post
baty4potter
post Dec 30 2006, 09:14 AM
Post #19

I haven't read that book in a long time, really need to, but maybe there was a spell cast upon it so it couldn't be summoned. I bet www knows.

+Quote Post
cruticus
post Dec 31 2006, 09:59 PM
Post #20

Hugest HP Fan

Member No.: 13

Im with Baty on this one. Because it was part of the task, using accio would just defeat the whole purpose of it

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th October 2014 - 06:16 am