IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

This translator is for your use, but if you use it, please realize that you must reply to messages in English. Thanks and enjoy!

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> The Music
Lilysowl
post Mar 9 2008, 04:55 PM
Post #1

HP Fan

Group: News Posters
Member No.: 6,503

I don't know if I missed it somewhere, but does anyone know if Nicholas Hooper will compose the music? I bought the soundtrack from "...Order of the Phoenix". My roommate liked it, even though he didn't see the movie. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
srivathsan
post Mar 15 2008, 12:50 PM
Post #2

Hugest HP Fan

Group: Members
Member No.: 39

Yup, Hooper's doing it this time too. And since Yates is directing the DH movies as well, I guess Hooper might just stay till the end of the series.

+Quote Post
crmhpfan
post Mar 15 2008, 05:18 PM
Post #3

Huge HP Fan

Member No.: 4,800

YAY! I love how Nicholas has added another element to the films!

+Quote Post
srivathsan
post Mar 16 2008, 12:48 PM
Post #4

Hugest HP Fan

Member No.: 39

I really like Hooper's score too. But POA will just remain my absolute favourite HP score always I guess.
Anyway, a lot of people don't seem to like Hooper's score. But I think it's great and it works also works brilliantly as an atmospheric piece. Take the possession theme for example. The music on its own may not be anything spectacular, but place it with the actual scenes in the movie, and it works just perfectly. That's what I like most about Yates. Lets see what he has to offer for HBP.

+Quote Post
crmhpfan
post Mar 17 2008, 01:33 AM
Post #5

Huge HP Fan

QUOTE(srivathsan @ Mar 17 2008, 04:18 AM) [snapback]138864[/snapback]
I really like Hooper's score too. But POA will just remain my absolute favourite HP score always I guess.
Anyway, a lot of people don't seem to like Hooper's score. But I think it's great and it works also works brilliantly as an atmospheric piece. Take the possession theme for example. The music on its own may not be anything spectacular, but place it with the actual scenes in the movie, and it works just perfectly. That's what I like most about Yates. Lets see what he has to offer for HBP.

I agree. I love listening to Hall of Prophecy, Death of Sirius, and possession together. It really makes you feel as if you are watching the movie. I really can't wait for the HBP Score.

+Quote Post
*hp is my life*
post Mar 30 2008, 02:47 AM
Post #6

Member No.: 7,220

i think hooper has made music a main part of the movie.

+Quote Post
Aragorn
post Mar 30 2008, 08:12 AM
Post #7

Member No.: 7,372

QUOTE(*hp is my life* @ Mar 30 2008, 03:47 AM) [snapback]139004[/snapback]
i think hooper has made music a main part of the movie.

I definitely preferred Patrick Doyle's music to Nicholas Hooper's. To be honest, even though John Williams was the first of the composers for Harry Potter, I think I still prefer Doyle's music over his. The Goblet of Fire soundtrack was just absolutely brilliant - there were easily eight or so songs on there that were so profound. HP3 had Finale and Window... eh.

+Quote Post
crmhpfan
post Mar 31 2008, 02:25 AM
Post #8

Huge HP Fan

QUOTE(Aragorn @ Mar 30 2008, 11:42 PM) [snapback]139008[/snapback]
HP3 had Finale and Window... eh.

Really? Iloved those songs! Those, along with Mischief Managed and Secrets of the Castle, were definetly my favourite of the third soundtrack. I liked how they kind of captured the moment of the movie, and especially Window to the Past - I could listen to that forever! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

This post has been edited by crmhpfan: Mar 31 2008, 05:21 AM

+Quote Post
Aragorn
post Mar 31 2008, 11:13 AM
Post #9

Member No.: 7,372

QUOTE(crmhpfan @ Mar 31 2008, 03:25 AM) [snapback]139011[/snapback]
Really? Iloved those songs! Those, along with Mischief Managed and Secrets of the Castle, were definetly my favourite of the third soundtrack. I liked how they kind of captured the moment of the movie, and especially Window to the Past - I could listen to that forever! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

Whoops! Just read over my last post and it comes across in a rather negative light. The punctuation was all weird (I was in a hurry, please forgive me) It should have been something like, "HP3 had Finale and Window, though, eh?"

I love Finale and Window to the Past on the HP3 soundtrack - I was actually trying to say that despite the fact that I preferred Doyle's music, I liked those two selections from the HP3 soundtrack.

This post has been edited by Aragorn: Mar 31 2008, 11:13 AM

+Quote Post
crmhpfan
post Mar 31 2008, 03:46 PM
Post #10

Huge HP Fan

QUOTE(Aragorn @ Apr 1 2008, 02:43 AM) [snapback]139012[/snapback]
Whoops! Just read over my last post and it comes across in a rather negative light. The punctuation was all weird (I was in a hurry, please forgive me) It should have been something like, "HP3 had Finale and Window, though, eh?"

I love Finale and Window to the Past on the HP3 soundtrack - I was actually trying to say that despite the fact that I preferred Doyle's music, I liked those two selections from the HP3 soundtrack.

Lol ok (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

+Quote Post
Lilysowl
post Apr 5 2008, 11:19 AM
Post #11

HP Fan

As much as I like Hopper's music, especially Flight of the Order of the Phoenix, I still have a soft spot for Fawkes' theme and Dobby's theme by John Williams. I played Fawkes' theme after I read "Half Blood Prince". The music reminds me of Richard Harris as well. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

+Quote Post
Hermione@13
post Apr 6 2008, 12:28 AM
Post #12

Huge HP Fan

Member No.: 3,572

All this music thought brings my mind back to Hedwig's Theme Song. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sleep.gif) Ahhh, lol, which reminds me, this one girl is doing Hedwig's Song as her music for her program, in ice skating. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

+Quote Post
Lilysowl
post Apr 13 2008, 01:44 PM
Post #13

HP Fan

Oh yes, that's right, Hermione@13, thanks for the reminder. The first chord definitely takes me to Harry's world (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)
I believe it was also used within a dance routine for a waltz in "Dancing With The Stars" last season. It was easy to imagine the couple as wizards waltzing at a Malfoy dinner party or something like that.

This post has been edited by Lilysowl: Apr 13 2008, 01:45 PM

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th August 2014 - 07:15 am