IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

This translator is for your use, but if you use it, please realize that you must reply to messages in English. Thanks and enjoy!
4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Which got you into Harry Potter?
HiddenFlame42
post Feb 10 2005, 04:43 PM
Post #21

Big HP Fan

Group: Members
Member No.: 860

To Chimpy - I think it'll turn her of HP for a while, all that Quidditch, but thankee just the same for the applause. :D

To srivathsan - Yep, that's why I used 'guru'! :P (I've got an Indian friend at school although I think I picked up the term elsewhere anyways. I was going to say her HP 'Yoda' but that's WAY too SW to link it to Potter things...)

Okay, mods-ies, I know we're off-topic here, so I'll be shutting my mouth now and keeping it shut until we get back on topic.... :quiet:
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
ChimpBananers
post Feb 15 2005, 10:39 PM
Post #22

Huge HP Fan

Member No.: 281

Actually, Americans use guru a lot.

I actually have gotten one of my teachers to read the books.

+Quote Post
Sirius Black
post Feb 20 2005, 10:05 PM
Post #23

Newbie HP Fan

Member No.: 1,137

im the OTHER siruis black... oh well... anyways..im not sure what got me into hp... i just saw it on the counter, and i took it... i never listened to anybody else to get it.... or maybe, somebody did tell me....
i dunno...

im growing old :huh: :cry:

+Quote Post
ChimpBananers
post Feb 20 2005, 11:07 PM
Post #24

Huge HP Fan

Member No.: 281

SiriusBlack's alter ego? :D :P Harry Potter is the Fountain of Youth.

+Quote Post
draco lover
post Aug 29 2005, 01:47 PM
Post #25

Average HP Fan

Member No.: 3,622

uhhh what got me hooked on HP....hmm..... well at first i hated the books i read the first page and thought it was really boring but then i had nothing else to read so i read it and got hooked! from there i have just been reading the books and eagerly anticipating (wow long word) the movies as they so slowly come out... 10:unsure: 11:blink: o btw where do u get the HP scarves??? i want one!!! (btw im in canada so where you got it might not exist here)!!! 42:orb:

+Quote Post
WickedWitchOfThe...
post Aug 30 2005, 03:43 PM
Post #26

Greatest HP Fan That Ever Lived

Group: Guests
Member No.: 3

It's off topic, but I got my scarf from this website. 02:D It's an excellently made scarf and looks fabulous. The only thing is, well, they are in the original style of scarf. The ones the kids wore in the first two movies only. You may want something different. 13B)

+Quote Post
draco lover
post Aug 30 2005, 07:45 PM
Post #27

Average HP Fan

thanks WWW they look great!

+Quote Post
WickedWitchOfThe...
post Aug 30 2005, 08:43 PM
Post #28

Group: Guests
Member No.: 3

You're welcome! 02:D

+Quote Post
Hermione@13
post Sep 3 2005, 04:43 PM
Post #29

Huge HP Fan

Member No.: 3,572

Well, I was pretty young when I started HP. I don't remember when I 1st watched HP, but I got so excited and watched the whole thing with all the adults sleeping except for my mom because she had to watch it with my cousins. I thought it was pretty good, but didn't yet notice what a legend it was. I then read and watched every book and movie about HP there was once and then got hooked.

+Quote Post
harry4ginny_ron4...
post Dec 25 2005, 05:40 PM
Post #30

Member No.: 4,355

QUOTE(SiriusBlack @ Feb 7 2005, 03:33 PM)
Hey folks, Sirius Black here.I was just finishing watching the two movies for the how manyeth times.lol.Anyways, as I was watching, a question popped in my head as the usual.Which got you into Harry Potter: The books, or the movie?What I am trying to say is that, were you a fan before the movies were created?Or started being one WHEN the movies were created?Just curious.Bye!
[right][snapback]58665[/snapback][/right]

i was given PS/SS (PS in australia) and COS as a birthday present in 1999... one of the best birthday presents ever!!! and the next year i got POA for my birthday, i was well into harry potter by then!! so it was definitely the books that did it for me

+Quote Post
baty4potter
post Dec 25 2005, 08:48 PM
Post #31

Group: Admin
Member No.: 2

QUOTE(harry4ginny_ron4hermione @ Dec 25 2005, 06:40 PM)
i was given PS/SS (PS in australia) and COS as a birthday present in 1999... one of the best birthday presents ever!!! and the next year i got POA for my birthday, i was well into harry potter by then!! so it was definitely the books that did it for me
[right][snapback]94415[/snapback][/right]

Please look at the person you have quoted. This post is so old that the person you quoted probably will not answer your response. Please post in current topics and please do not post in every topic!!

+Quote Post
Potterfreak92
post Apr 1 2006, 05:30 PM
Post #32

Big HP Fan

Member No.: 3,849

i got hooked on hp by the books. my 4th grade teacher (i'm in 8th now) read HP&SS to my class before recess, and after that, i was a harry potter fanatic. 01:)

+Quote Post
draco lover
post Apr 1 2006, 06:12 PM
Post #33

Average HP Fan

QUOTE(Potterfreak92 @ Apr 1 2006, 06:30 PM)
i got hooked on hp by the books.  my 4th grade teacher (i'm in 8th now) read HP&SS to my class before recess, and after that, i was a harry potter fanatic.  01:)
[right][snapback]100739[/snapback][/right]

hey, that happened to me too! 04:P

+Quote Post
MaraudersG1rl
post Jul 20 2006, 08:35 AM
Post #34

Average HP Fan

Member No.: 2,154

my sisters friend was in england when harry potter was starting to get big there, so she sent it to my sister who read it and loved it and hten she made me read it and then i was in looovee (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wub.gif)

+Quote Post
Hermione@13
post Jul 21 2006, 07:23 PM
Post #35

Huge HP Fan

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laughing.gif) I don't know why, but I got a vision of you kissing a HP book! Anyway, the first time I watched it we were just scanning the Pay Per View channels and we saw Harry potter. My dad read the info and he asked us if we wanted to watch it. I was a little reluctant, but after the movie I was totally hooked.

+Quote Post
the_prisoner_of_...
post Jul 22 2006, 09:58 PM
Post #36

Huge HP Fan

Member No.: 5,046

I was in grade 2 or 3 when the first book (PS) came out in Australia. I remember mum took me to Angus and Robertsons (which is a bookshop) and told me I could get one book, any book that I wanted.

Now, as a child I read Fantasy, fantasy and more fantasy. So when mum showed me a book about wizards, spells and magic, that was the book I was determined to get. Neither Mum nor I, could know at that stage how great the Harry Potter fanominer would be, but we were both hooked from then on. Eventually (as happens at schools) everyone started reading them. I remember feeling so proud that I had read them before everyone else (I know how incredibly sad).

As it turned out that one amazing book, shortly became an international fanomina which was great for me, as other people then read them & I had other people (outside Mum and I) to talk about it with.

Yes, I was one of those fans that brought tickets to the Australian premiere of the first movie at 12:00am and yes sadly, I was one of the people that dressed up. I pre-orderd books 4-6 to make sure I got them straight away.

So in summary, I was a fan from the very first book. Yes sad, I know...

+Quote Post
Hermione@13
post Jul 23 2006, 06:25 PM
Post #37

Huge HP Fan

Actuall, that isn't sad. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) I would be really proud if I were you. I feel ashamed that I got into Harry Potter so late. I got hooked on the movies before the book. I actually wanted to be in the movie and then my friend in school introduced the books to me and I got hooked on the story.

+Quote Post
riddlemethis326
post Jul 24 2006, 01:12 PM
Post #38

Huge HP Fan

Member No.: 4,784

Both actually... I heard about the first movie and I decided to read the book before I saw the movie. I became obsessed and read them all numerous times. Now, people all think I'm crazy because I talk about reading the seventh book like it's my life... I mean... It is, but that's not the point. So mostly it was the books, but the movie sparked it, I guess.

+Quote Post
Guest_Hpbookfan_*
post Jul 24 2006, 01:38 PM
Post #39

Guests

after the first book i was hooked. although it took me long enough to read it. when i was reading the first book my little sister and cousin thought it was funny to take my bookmark out. so i think that it took me 10 times to actually read the book and i was about 7 or 8 maybe. after the book came out i waited eagerly for the next book to come out and then the movie. i always like to watch how certain parts are portrayed in the movie (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) and still i am upset that nearly headless nicks deathday party wasn't in the movie (CoS). my list can go on and on as many of yours can.

+Quote Post
Hermione@13
post Jul 24 2006, 05:32 PM
Post #40

Huge HP Fan

It was funny because I was also around 7 or 8 during the first movie! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) Anyway, I told my mom I wanted to be in the movie and we watched the second movie at the iMax and she's all, like, see now your in it! I sorta gave her a reluctant smile, but I enjoyed it all the same!

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd August 2014 - 06:36 pm