IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

This translator is for your use, but if you use it, please realize that you must reply to messages in English. Thanks and enjoy!
4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Which got you into Harry Potter?
kittygirl543
post Jul 31 2006, 07:37 AM
Post #41

Big HP Fan

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,766

I was in the fourth grade(in, well, I guess you could say 8th) and my teacher had a little "library" in the corner. I saw SS, and read it. By the time I was finished, it was summer and I swiched schools(but that's not the point).

My mom made me read them in order. I'm glad she did! My brother(oh, dear, I'm creating a monster) is reading the 5th book. I wanted him to read them in order, but he won't! Aw, well.

So now I am the HP freak that I am. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/happy.gif)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Hermione@13
post Jul 31 2006, 08:10 PM
Post #42

Huge HP Fan

Member No.: 3,572

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laughing.gif) Welcome to the craziness that is Harry Potter, but I have one question. What do you mean you were in the fourth garden(or eighth).

+Quote Post
enara
post Dec 29 2006, 06:59 PM
Post #43

Average HP Fan

Member No.: 4,472

It started with the books for me. I found out about them shortly after the second book came out and my local coffee shop got some, I wanted to read them so bad!!! So my mom got me the first two books for christmas, and ever since then I have been hooked.

+Quote Post
carebear139612
post Dec 29 2006, 11:23 PM
Post #44

Average HP Fan

Member No.: 5,195

I actually started out with the movies. I saw the first 2 movies without reading any of the books, because my brother and mom had read them, and I got dragged along. Then before the 3rd movie came out I read the first book, and liked it even more than the movies, so I read the rest of them.

+Quote Post
Kdk13
post Feb 3 2007, 07:39 PM
Post #45

Member No.: 6,177

it has lots of action and my firend s got me in to it!!!

This post has been edited by Kdk13: Feb 3 2007, 07:40 PM

+Quote Post
Harry's-Girl
post Feb 3 2007, 07:40 PM
Post #46

Member No.: 4,225

The books got me into HP because I was in Kindergarten when SS came out and I was a very skilled reader so I decided to give it a try. I loved it after then.

+Quote Post
N Tonks
post Feb 9 2007, 04:38 PM
Post #47

Member No.: 6,161

I loved the books long before the first movie came out....I started reading and loving HP 2 years before the first movie was out, and I must admin I don't really like the movies....they're not like really bad, but the books are just soo much better.
lol, and a funny thing: my mom gets pretty much ALL my obsessions as well...I watched GZSZ (german soap opera), she did the same....I watched Charmed, she did the same, I read Harry Potter, she did the same...lol, I remember when we were in Bulgaria and I got the 4th book for my 12th birthday and my Mom kept telling me I should hurry with reading, she wanted to start the book...lol, and she always says that she won't read/see the book/show I read/watch atm, but she ALWAYS does in the end

+Quote Post
Hermione@13
post Feb 9 2007, 08:48 PM
Post #48

Huge HP Fan

I feel pretty ashamed of saying that the movies got me hooked because I definitely think the books are better. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/upsidedown.gif) Oh well, now I know!

+Quote Post
MICKMARVOLODUNDE...
post Feb 27 2007, 07:37 PM
Post #49

Member No.: 46

i got hooked in probably the same way as everyone else. i remember the summer of 2001, not really knowing anything about harry potter but dismissing it just the same. i was away from home and asked my mum to bring me my copy of the hobbit because i was bored, but she forgot. so a friend of mine said she would lend me the first harry potter book. i said no because it was for kids, but she insisted and i was to bored so i borrowed it......... and then i couldnt put it down, and im just re-reading them now in preperation for book 7 so there all fresh in my mind. i think this is my 6th or 7th time of reading them through. has anyone read them more than that. it would be interesting to find out!

+Quote Post
crmhpfan
post Mar 2 2007, 08:03 PM
Post #50

Huge HP Fan

Group: News Posters
Member No.: 4,800

I don't really remember how, but I just remember my dad encouriging me to read PS when I was in Year 3, and I tried it, but I didn't enjoy it. Then I saw the movie and I think I got hooked. I remember in Year 6 I kind of stopped my obsession with Harry potter, becasue I was obsessed with Hayden Christensen and Orlando Bloom, but now i'm back on track with Harry Potter!!! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/harry.gif)

+Quote Post
msricenbeans
post Mar 3 2007, 11:52 PM
Post #51

Member No.: 6,201

i too shied away from the harry potter (well, that's being nice...i scoffed at GROWN PEOPLE{!!} reading kiddie lit...) until i watched the third movie (against my will...at that point i was too concerned with not liking it because so many other people did...a very sad but true insight to my petty self....) but watch it i did and actually (gasp!) liked it. my brother and mother enjoyed the books (my 37 year old brother from the beginning...) and had copies of all the books. looking back, i can't believe i did this, but i read the 5th book first. i thought it was EXTREMELY well written; better, in fact, than most adult fiction coming out. i was done after that. i stayed up all night and read the first three books ( i mean, all night...) and have been hooked ever since. my mother had lost her sight at this point, and one of my cousins had given her a copy of the book on CD. in all honesty, almost a year after my mother died, over two years since i read OoTP, i still listen to the CDs pretty much constantly. i mean back to back, hour after hour. (wow, scary. i haven't {and won't} told anyone else this about me...i guess i think only true potter heads wouldn't judge me too strange for this behavior.) well, there you have it. i got started because of a movie, but it's definitely the writing all the way.

+Quote Post
Guest_jujubee_*
post Mar 9 2007, 02:03 AM
Post #52

Guests

When I first heard about HP, I thought it was stupid (IMG:style_emoticons/default/blush.gif) . I saw POA in the theatres, just because it was something to go see, and it caught my curiosity, so I borrowed the first book from a family member and I got through the first chapter and then the book sat on my shelf until the GOF movie came out. I saw that one and then it hit me! I had to know all the details, so I borrowed the rest of the books from the same family member and had them read within a month! I'm on my 3rd re-read and just started GOF. I want to re-read them all now, and then one more time before book 7 comes out. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/happy.gif)

+Quote Post
Dijares
post Apr 3 2007, 07:28 AM
Post #53

Administrator

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

QUOTE(msricenbeans @ Mar 3 2007, 11:52 PM) [snapback]123026[/snapback]
i too shied away from the harry potter (well, that's being nice...i scoffed at GROWN PEOPLE{!!} reading kiddie lit...) until i watched the third movie (against my will...at that point i was too concerned with not liking it because so many other people did...a very sad but true insight to my petty self....) but watch it i did and actually (gasp!) liked it. my brother and mother enjoyed the books (my 37 year old brother from the beginning...) and had copies of all the books. looking back, i can't believe i did this, but i read the 5th book first. i thought it was EXTREMELY well written; better, in fact, than most adult fiction coming out. i was done after that. i stayed up all night and read the first three books ( i mean, all night...) and have been hooked ever since. my mother had lost her sight at this point, and one of my cousins had given her a copy of the book on CD. in all honesty, almost a year after my mother died, over two years since i read OoTP, i still listen to the CDs pretty much constantly. i mean back to back, hour after hour. (wow, scary. i haven't {and won't} told anyone else this about me...i guess i think only true potter heads wouldn't judge me too strange for this behavior.) well, there you have it. i got started because of a movie, but it's definitely the writing all the way.

tee-hee - sounds like me. I have all the books on CD, and my son and I listen to them all the time. We'll have one in the DVD/CD player, one in our boom box, and one in the car radio. We're always listening to one or three at a time. And I have a son in college.

Let's see, I was given a Potter book in '98, but never got around to reading it (gasp!), so rented out one of the CDs (POA just after it came out), and I was done after that. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/closedeyes.gif)

+Quote Post
baty4potter
post Apr 3 2007, 05:40 PM
Post #54

Greatest HP Fan That Ever Lived

Member No.: 2

So Dij, this means that I was a Potter Geek before you? LOL Now that is something to be proud of. Wait, I remember now, I met you on the WB boards. I was there ..... *before you* NeenerNeener!

+Quote Post
Hermione@13
post Apr 3 2007, 08:25 PM
Post #55

Huge HP Fan

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laughing.gif) I feel happier now! I'm not the only one that's not proud of getting hooked on the movies first! I remember..watching it for the first time...then getting the book...then watching the second movie...then reading all the-oh, sorry!

+Quote Post
Dijares
post Apr 6 2007, 08:19 AM
Post #56

Administrator

Member No.: 1

QUOTE(baty4potter @ Apr 3 2007, 05:40 PM) [snapback]124432[/snapback]
So Dij, this means that I was a Potter Geek before you? LOL Now that is something to be proud of. Wait, I remember now, I met you on the WB boards. I was there ..... *before you* NeenerNeener!

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif) Silly woman.

+Quote Post
Hermione@13
post Apr 6 2007, 04:05 PM
Post #57

Huge HP Fan

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/ohmy.gif) Wow! I wonder who got hooked on the movies first. That is if you guys are hooked on the movies. I was hooked the moment I saw PS/SS and wanted to act in it, but then I read the books and saw how inaccurate they were.

This post has been edited by Hermione@12: Apr 14 2007, 05:55 PM

+Quote Post
iareaj
post Apr 14 2007, 01:55 PM
Post #58

Hugest HP Fan

Member No.: 35

wow, i cannot believe my ears... well, my eyes. You first listen to it, instead of reading it, Dijares? Wow, that's a revelation!!! I remember i knew about harry potter since '98 or '99. But i just didn't want to even hold that book in my hands... i remember when POA & GOF came out... but i still didn't want to have one of those harry potter books around me. I friend of mine convinced (almost forced) me to read them. It was before the first movie was announced, so I think it was 2000 or 2001.
Wow, i was an anti-potter. what a shame.

+Quote Post
Hermione@13
post Apr 14 2007, 06:01 PM
Post #59

Huge HP Fan

Wow!(again) It looks like we're all learning something new about Dij!
I learned that a lot of people got hooked from the movies. Far more than I thought there were going to be! I'm sort of ashamed that I got hooked from the movies, but now I see I'm not alone! LOL!
Btw, a little after thought, I can't believe that Baty got hooked before Dij! LOL! I definitely got hooked late compared to everyone else. At least we're all loyal here! LOL

+Quote Post
Weegangsta
post Apr 15 2007, 05:25 AM
Post #60

Member No.: 6,291

QUOTE(kittygirl543 @ Jul 31 2006, 08:37 AM) [snapback]106152[/snapback]
I was in the fourth grade(in, well, I guess you could say 8th) and my teacher had a little "library" in the corner. I saw SS, and read it. By the time I was finished, it was summer and I swiched schools(but that's not the point).

My mom made me read them in order. I'm glad she did! My brother(oh, dear, I'm creating a monster) is reading the 5th book. I wanted him to read them in order, but he won't! Aw, well.

So now I am the HP freak that I am. 15^_^

QUOTE(Hermione@12 @ Apr 14 2007, 07:01 PM) [snapback]125125[/snapback]
Wow!(again) It looks like we're all learning something new about Dij!
I learned that a lot of people got hooked from the movies. Far more than I thought there were going to be! I'm sort of ashamed that I got hooked from the movies, but now I see I'm not alone! LOL!
Btw, a little after thought, I can't believe that Baty got hooked before Dij! LOL! I definitely got hooked late compared to everyone else. At least we're all loyal here! LOL

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 31st October 2014 - 10:50 pm