IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

This translator is for your use, but if you use it, please realize that you must reply to messages in English. Thanks and enjoy!
5 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Who will lead the Order now?, DD's dead: who will step up?
chris_1988
post Jul 22 2005, 09:00 AM
Post #1

Big HP Fan

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,966

lots of spec about the new Hogwarts headmaster, but what about the Order of Pheonix Leader.
maybe Harry will step up? He knows more about LV than the other now.......

Don't think Lupin, he gotta be off with the wolfs a whole lot.
Tonks not powerful enough
Who is there????????
any ideas
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Fizzing_Whizzbee
post Jul 22 2005, 09:45 AM
Post #2

Average HP Fan

Member No.: 110

I woiuld suspect that while McGonagall might take the reigns of leadership for the order, I think it will more or less be a ceremonial position (kind of like the Queen of England...figurehead but no real power).

Instead, I look for it to be more of a Senate type thing. Perhaps a few of the older, more powerful members (such as Moody, Lupin, etc) will have a little more swagger in what they say, but by in large it will probably be a "come together and keep everyone informed" deal.

+Quote Post
Lepro
post Jul 22 2005, 09:50 AM
Post #3

Member No.: 2,283

I'd go with Moody. Strong personality. Excellent Auror skills. Unquestionably faithful to the Order.

Not as charismatic or powerful as Dumbledore, but more or an activist and hands on. Yep...I'd give the reins to Mad-Eye 13B)

+Quote Post
TheWebsiteGuy
post Jul 22 2005, 10:11 AM
Post #4

Member No.: 2,627

The order will be in chaos! Dumbledore was an assumed leader of everything he did!

It would be funny if Snape was good and lead the order 04:P

+Quote Post
chapovalverde
post Jul 22 2005, 10:51 AM
Post #5

Big HP Fan

Member No.: 1,115

I'm for Lupin.

Moody is not a leader, just a fighter, and McGonagal is going to be very busy at Hogwarts now DD is dead. Tonks is too young and, despite his little problem, Lupin seems the most appropiate person to command the order.

+Quote Post
Donna Rose
post Jul 22 2005, 02:07 PM
Post #6

HP Fan

Member No.: 1,869

but what about Lupin's task re: the werewolves? I think book 7 is going to have him leading the front against the werewolves, probably w/ a fight between himself and that leader of the werewolves who I think bit him as a kid...any thoughts?

as for leader of the order, hmm...I think I lean towards Moody as well, but w/ Lupin and McGonagall at his side as advisors...but another question: where will HQ be? think they'll return to 12 GP? maybe Godric's Hollow?

+Quote Post
Donna Rose
post Jul 22 2005, 02:11 PM
Post #7

HP Fan

ooh ooh someone in another thread threw out there that the Burrow could become HQ...definitely a possibility... :)

wouldn't it be crazy if Hogwarts became HQ?

+Quote Post
twestann
post Jul 22 2005, 02:56 PM
Post #8

Average HP Fan

Member No.: 358

I read this somewhere but sorry can't remember.

Ms Rowling stated that a member of the Order that we have heard of but don't know a great deal about will be very important in book 7.

The leader of the order would have to be extremely POWERFUL not that there's anyone to equal Dumbledore but my guess would be Moody.

Lupin's being a werewolf makes him unpredictable. I can't see either Arthur or Molly as they are simply too busy and too vulnerable. Mc Gonagall is a possibility but she'll have her hands full at Hogwarts. I guess we don't know all that much about the others.

Incidently Snape is still a loyal member of the Order (ABSOLUTELY CONVINCED) but he'll be too busy spying on Voldemort and the Death Eaters.

I think #12 Grimmauld Place will still be the headquarters for the Order.

+Quote Post
hpdork
post Jul 22 2005, 05:16 PM
Post #9

Big HP Fan

Member No.: 494

QUOTE(twestann @ Jul 22 2005, 02:56 PM)
I read this somewhere but sorry can't remember.

Ms Rowling stated that a member of the Order that we have heard of but don't know a great deal about will be very important in book 7.

[right][snapback]76207[/snapback][/right]

I'm pretty sure that was in the mugglenet/leakycauldron interview.

And I totally agree with everything you just said twestann. Exactly what I was thinking.

+Quote Post
Perseus_Evans
post Jul 22 2005, 08:04 PM
Post #10

Big HP Fan

Member No.: 704

I actually wouldn't be surprised to see Bill Weasley end up as the head of the order.

He was head boy, has major goblin contacts, and now that he's been disfigured, he may want to be more behind the scenes anyway.

Yes he's young, but I have a feeling that he'll have some limited werewolf abilities that will make him powerful.

It's a longshot.

Besides, the frontrunner is probably Moody anyway...

+Quote Post
Styrofoam
post Jul 22 2005, 08:25 PM
Post #11

Newbie HP Fan

Member No.: 2,157

QUOTE(Perseus_Evans @ Jul 22 2005, 09:04 PM)
I actually wouldn't be surprised to see Bill Weasley end up as the head of the order.

He was head boy, has major goblin contacts, and now that he's been disfigured, he may want to be more behind the scenes anyway. 

Yes he's young, but I have a feeling that he'll have some limited werewolf abilities that will make him powerful.

It's a longshot.

Besides, the frontrunner is probably Moody anyway...
[right][snapback]76341[/snapback][/right]

i was thinking moody myself.

+Quote Post
Football321
post Jul 22 2005, 10:23 PM
Post #12

Member No.: 2,167

QUOTE(twestann @ Jul 22 2005, 03:56 PM)
[right][snapback]76207[/snapback][/right]

Maybe Kingsly Shacklebolt, he's an auror so he must be powerful enough to maybe help harry or something

+Quote Post
Dijares
post Jul 22 2005, 10:29 PM
Post #13

Administrator

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

If you look at who was in moody's picture, one of the few that are still alive and in the order, and that we haven't heard from, is Aberforth (DD's brother and barttender for Hog's Head). It's very possible that Aberforth is nearly as powerful (he just hasn't shown it) could take over.

+Quote Post
luxbenz
post Jul 22 2005, 10:37 PM
Post #14

Member No.: 857

Go KINGSLEY GO! 04:P

Nah but seriously I reckon it's definitely gonna be Mad-Eye Moody, as he is the most experienced in catching Dark wizards and has fought countless battles alongside Dumbledore, giving him good judgement and leadership skills. Though Lupin wouldn't be a bad choice either.

+Quote Post
twestann
post Jul 22 2005, 11:07 PM
Post #15

Average HP Fan

Member No.: 358

QUOTE(hpdork @ Jul 22 2005, 05:16 PM)
I'm pretty sure that was in the mugglenet/leakycauldron interview.

And I totally agree with everything you just said twestann. Exactly what I was thinking.
[right][snapback]76271[/snapback][/right]

Thanks hpdork----that is where I read it.

+Quote Post
harrypotterfan12...
post Jul 23 2005, 09:47 AM
Post #16

Newbie HP Fan

Member No.: 1,579

just like when she became heeadmistress, minerva mcgonagoll will be the leader

+Quote Post
chris_1988
post Jul 25 2005, 07:22 AM
Post #17

Big HP Fan

Member No.: 1,966

i like the Alberforth theory, but i dunno. Moody doesn't seem powerful enough, though he is probably the frontrunner at the moment.
JK has said a little known member of the order will play a big part, so maybe Kingsley?
i dunno

+Quote Post
Donna Rose
post Jul 25 2005, 11:44 AM
Post #18

HP Fan

JK has said a little known member of the order will play a big part, so maybe Kingsley?
i dunno

technically, wouldn't Aberforth fall into "little known member of the Order?" I know we haven't ever seen him turn up at HQ, but that doesn't mean he isn't active...I'd very much like to see him step up to the plate - I'd be especially interested in how JKR will characterize him as Albus DD's brother and yet they've gotta have some differences...maybe Aberforth is more shy? or wouldn't it be funny if he didn't like kids whereas Albus loved them? ha would make for some funny scenes between him and Harry, if they wind up working together...ok rambling over :)

+Quote Post
darkwisdom
post Jul 25 2005, 01:24 PM
Post #19

Member No.: 2,893

QUOTE(TheWebsiteGuy @ Jul 22 2005, 10:11 AM)
The order will be in chaos! Dumbledore was an assumed leader of everything he did!

It would be funny if Snape was good and lead the order 04:P
[right][snapback]76126[/snapback][/right]

I agree, I think the order will be in ruins, and unable to run as effectively. If this happens then, It will be of great importance that Ron .Harry, and Hermione find the other horcruxes and put an end to LV. It all makes sense.

+Quote Post
moose
post Jul 25 2005, 04:34 PM
Post #20

Member No.: 2,826

Kingsley. It makes too much sense.

+Quote Post

5 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic