IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

This translator is for your use, but if you use it, please realize that you must reply to messages in English. Thanks and enjoy!
4 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Snape....Good or Bad?????, Spape is still good!!!
whitehope123
post Aug 7 2005, 03:46 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,357

Many people think that snape is evil for killing dumblebore...but i feel it is all part of the plan. Snape mede the unbreakable vow, promising to help draco succeed in killing DD. I think he did this because he did not want malafoy ot die. But,....I think tha DD knew the whole time that Malafoy had to kill him or else he would die. I mean as much as a powerful wizard as he was, DD knew what malafo was up too. He knew that if Malafoy did not kill himhe and snape would die.

On top of the tower DD, should have easily ben able to control Malafoy when he was alone, and when snape arrived, i think that because of his skill in occlumency, he forced DD to beg for his life, i mean DD would never do that in any situation, he is much more wiser and noble of a man to allow this.

So DD being such a modest wizard, and a "Loving wizard would give his life for Snape and Malafoy. As you all read Malafoy did not "really want ot destory DD, for wich he lowered his wand. there for showing he would have to kill DD only to protect his life. DD knew this and would rather give his life for malafoy and snape to live (what a great man). So i feel that DD knew everything and felt it more important to have a man (snape) on the inside to help destroy Voldermort than have him self live and two "good" people die.

Another example to show this is that snape had the opportunity to kill harry in the yard of hogwarts nd did not, Maybe this was because of the prophecy thatvoldermort was to kill harry, but in anycase he would of at least tried to hurt harry, or put him into immense pain. But instead he tried to "help" of give advise to harry by saying "again and again potter until you learn to keep your mouth shut and close your mind" which signafies him trying to teach or inform harry how to properly fight or preform spells.

I feel snape was trying to help harry, and shows that he want harry to learn, otherwise he would not have given such a tio to harry. So all in all, i fel snape remains loyal to DD, and harry will find this out later.

I think that harry will learn the true goodness and loyalty of snape through the "Headmasters prtrait of DD in his old office." I still think that harry will recieve information from DD to come in the future from this portait. Which will help destroy Voldermort in the end.

SNAPE REMAINS LOYAL TO DUMBLEDORE!!!! TRUST DD and SNAPE!!!!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Dan_D_Lion
post Aug 7 2005, 06:55 AM
Post #2

HP Fan

From: If you notice this notice, you'll notice this notice isn't worth noticing.
Member No.: 1,361

Yea, I don't really think that Snape is evil either.

"Besides, would Ms. Rowling try to send us a message that you can't ever trust anyone who has done something horrible? That no matter what, they are always going to be a bad person? :shakes head: That there, I know she wouldn't do.
And if Dumbledore trusted him, shouldn't we?' "

Oh, for future references, it's Malfoy. Not Malafoy. 04:P

+Quote Post
chris_1988
post Aug 7 2005, 07:00 AM
Post #3

Big HP Fan

Member No.: 1,966

DD was just so sure.
There MUST have been a reason.
he was too wise for there not to be.

+Quote Post
pdizzle101
post Aug 9 2005, 06:01 PM
Post #4

Member No.: 3,437

I definitely agree that snape is still good. He made the unbreakable vow of which we do not know very much, except that if he doesnt keep that vow he will die. He vowed to protect draco, and since draco could not kill dumbledore, draco would himself be killed. Snape had to kill dumbledore for him. I also think that dumblebore was near death after drinking all that liquid from the horcrux, maybe snape knew about this and knew that in order to maintain his important spy position amongst the death eaters, he had to kill DD because snape had a more important job.

+Quote Post
shortbottom
post Aug 27 2005, 11:12 PM
Post #5

Member No.: 3,627

J.K. does give a lot of hints that Snape is good, but I was confused about one thing...right before he kills Dumbledore, it says, "Snape gazed for a moment at Dumbledore, and there was revulsion and hatred etched in the harsh lines of his face."

Why would he have a look of hatred on his face if he is actually sad about having to kill Dumbledore?? 12:wacko:

+Quote Post
GinnyPotter
post Aug 28 2005, 08:09 AM
Post #6

Average HP Fan

Member No.: 2,517

QUOTE(chris_1988 @ Aug 7 2005, 07:00 AM)
DD was just so sure.
There MUST have been a reason.
he was too wise for there not to be.
[right][snapback]79823[/snapback][/right]

Exactly. If you don't trust Snape, you should at least trust DD's judgement. 15^_^

+Quote Post
SEVERUS-SNAPE
post Sep 11 2005, 09:39 AM
Post #7

Member No.: 3,694

There is no doubt in my mind that Snape will eventually help Harry in the last book. He will either save him or come to late and Harry will die!

SNAPE ROCKS!

+Quote Post
baty4potter
post Sep 11 2005, 03:22 PM
Post #8

Greatest HP Fan That Ever Lived

Group: Admin
Member No.: 2

QUOTE(SEVERUS-SNAPE @ Sep 11 2005, 10:39 AM)
There is no doubt in my mind that Snape will eventually help Harry in the last book. He will either save him or come to late and Harry will die!

SNAPE ROCKS!
[right][snapback]86373[/snapback][/right]

In my opinion I do not believe Harry will die, but I do believe that Snape has set his own fate. By this I mean that I don't believe he killed DD, thus he broke the unbreakable vow this has set his destiny. He had a 3 part unbreakable, one I believe he broke the other two he still has to fulfill, and that is protecting and saving Draco.

+Quote Post
tealinkea
post Sep 12 2005, 06:06 AM
Post #9

HP Fan

Member No.: 3,524

I think there's still a chance of Snape being good. After all, he tried to save Harry's life in books 1 and 3.

+Quote Post
Known2Charm
post Sep 12 2005, 02:42 PM
Post #10

Member No.: 3,720

QUOTE(shortbottom @ Aug 28 2005, 12:12 AM)
J.K. does give a lot of hints that Snape is good, but I was confused about one thing...right before he kills Dumbledore, it says, "Snape gazed for a moment at Dumbledore, and there was revulsion and hatred etched in the harsh lines of his face."

Why would he have a look of hatred on his face if he is actually sad about having to kill Dumbledore??  12:wacko:
[right][snapback]83780[/snapback][/right]

Like many of you, I agree we still can have faith in Snape's loyalty to Dumbledore.

To answer the above quote, I think Snape had "revulsion and hatred" on his face because he didn't want to kill Dumbledore; hating the fact that Dumbledore (possibly could have) ordered Snape to kill him in the event we have all read.

Dumbledore is the "wisest, cleverest wizard" in the wizarding world as Rowling expressed many times before. So why would Rowling discredit his wisdom and cleverness now?

My theory is simple. Snape is still fighting against Lord Voldemort and would be more valuable to Harry "acting" as a Death Eater until the time is right to reveal his TRUE self as a member of the Order of Phoenix.

+Quote Post
GinnyPotter
post Sep 15 2005, 01:16 PM
Post #11

Average HP Fan

Member No.: 2,517

Uh-huh. To discredit his wisdom during his last moments would be awful.

Unless of course, she was just emphasising his one great weakness.

+Quote Post
doctorapk
post Sep 15 2005, 02:06 PM
Post #12

Hugest HP Fan

Member No.: 785

I think Snape will DEFINITELY redeeem himself in Book 7...the questions reamain as to how he goes about it and whether he survives....

...but I would be SHOCKED to find him to be a TRUE Death Eater. He is too intelligent for that..

+Quote Post
Hermione@13
post Sep 15 2005, 08:25 PM
Post #13

Huge HP Fan

Member No.: 3,572

I belive in the explaination in the beginning of the 6th book. I belive that Snape is truly evil. I mean how could you think he's good after that? Are you saying that there's some sort of a prophecy going on? Well, maybe, but I doubt it. I think that he's truly evil and that no one can be trsted and I mean nobody. Harry can't trust his friends bacause then V could get to his friends through him, so he's completely alone and you have to face that fact that he's alone and nobody could do anything about it and that's my opinion.

+Quote Post
lisakristine
post Oct 8 2005, 12:32 AM
Post #14

Member No.: 3,819

I don't know if Snape is evil or not. But if he is evil, how much good has he really done? Looking back at all of the books, if he really is bad, what really happened? For instance in book 1, was he really helping Harry and Dumbledore, or was he helping Quirell? Was he really heping Harry with Occlumency or not? I just want to know what actually happened in all of the books if he is bad.

+Quote Post
marvolo
post Oct 21 2005, 12:40 AM
Post #15

Member No.: 2,924

originally, after reading the book i believed snape was evil. but after discussing it with i started looking at the possibility that snape did this under the orders of dumbledore... eg: harry learns that dumbledore and snape had an argument over something. this something must have been some thing really big to force someone to argue with dumbledore, something like dumbledore telling snape that he'll have to kill dumbledore...maybe i'm thinking too much into it but hey, thats my conclusion.
eg(2): dumbledore's begging or pleading to snape before his death, dumbledore may not have been begging to be spared, but for snape to do as he requested and kill him.
eg(3): the hate in snapes face as he killed dumbledore could be explained simply by snape hating dumbledore's decision. and afterwards you see that snape is quite emotional as harry chases him, especially when harry calls him a coward...again, maybe i'm thinking too much into this, but there you go...

+Quote Post
Fr3ak
post Oct 21 2005, 06:09 AM
Post #16

Member No.: 3,861

I certainly think Snape is evil. Anyone who has such close contact with HE WHO MUST NOT BE NAME is sure to be overpowered by a desire to practice dark magic.

His killing of Dumbeldore only goes to show that his Death Eater days have not left him, and they still play a major part is in character

My thought : Once an evil murderer, always an evil murderer

Unless your a very very nice person, which Snape certainly isn't, haha 38:spin:

+Quote Post
HPotter365
post Oct 21 2005, 06:05 PM
Post #17

From: Normally Bakersfield, California, but for now attending Alcorn State University in Mississippi
Member No.: 3,769

17:blush: 45:gryffindor: i son't know i still think there is something more going on here. for one you when Harry is trying to jinx and stop Snape at the end, even using the one or two little non verbal spells he knows, Harry is blocked by Snape who says something to the effect of Blocked again, Potter, and again and again, until you learn to keep your mouth and your mind shut.

Now maybe it's just me, but normally apponants don't give their enemies usefull battle tips such as Snape did. Think about it. He basically told Harry that is only chance for survival was to learn Occlumency and none verbal magic. This is so very usefull against Voldemort, yet one of his subposed agents, Snape, gives him this helpfull tid bit.

Another thing is the question of why Snape was attempting to use Legimency on Malfoy. I mean, he already knows about the plan to assassinate Dumbledore, but why does he feel the need to get into Malfoy's head.

I just can't wait for book seven to come out so that this mystery can b laid to rest.

+Quote Post
baty4potter
post Oct 21 2005, 06:36 PM
Post #18

Greatest HP Fan That Ever Lived

Group: Admin
Member No.: 2

QUOTE(HPotter365 @ Oct 21 2005, 07:05 PM)
17:blush:  45:gryffindor:  i son't know i still think there is something more going on here.  for one you when Harry is trying to jinx and stop Snape at the end, even using the one or two little non verbal spells he knows, Harry is blocked by Snape who says something to the effect of Blocked again, Potter, and again and again, until you learn to keep your mouth and your mind shut.

Now maybe it's just me, but normally apponants don't give their enemies usefull battle tips such as Snape did.  Think about it. He basically told Harry that is only chance for survival was to learn Occlumency and none verbal magic.  This is so very usefull against Voldemort, yet one of his subposed agents, Snape, gives him this helpfull tid bit.

Another thing is the question of why Snape was attempting to use Legimency on Malfoy.  I mean, he already knows about the plan to assassinate Dumbledore, but why does he feel the need to get into Malfoy's head.

I just can't wait for book seven to come out so that this mystery can b laid to rest.
[right][snapback]89156[/snapback][/right]

This is exactly why I'm not convinced that Snape killed Dumbledore, and that he is bad. There are too many things going on here to suggest otherwise. Maybe it's just wishful thinking, or I'm reading *way* too much into it, but comments like Snape stressing nonverbal spells just doesn't seem to be something that would be normally said in the heat of battle.

+Quote Post
hphd501
post Oct 24 2005, 03:41 PM
Post #19

HP Fan

From: Hogwarts- Gryffindor--- the best house at Hogwarts!
Member No.: 1,307

Snape is BAD BAD BAD BAD! How dare he kill Dumbledore!!!! Honestly, i dont think that snape was ever "good". I knew there was something about him. I thought something fishy was going on when i found out that Snape was a Death Eater, but "isnt anymore".

+Quote Post
SiriusBlack
post Nov 11 2005, 12:34 AM
Post #20

HP Fan

Member No.: 728

I mean as much as a powerful wizard as he was, DD knew what malfoy was up to. He knew that if Malfoy did not kill him he and snape would die.

[/quote]Now remember that DD might have never known what Malfoy was up to.Now keep in mind when DD went to collect Tom at da orphanage, after the pensieve, DD told Harry that he never knew what Tom would grow up to be.

+Quote Post

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th December 2014 - 06:43 pm