IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

This translator is for your use, but if you use it, please realize that you must reply to messages in English. Thanks and enjoy!

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> The Hobbit - movie by Peter Jackson?, will it ever happen
Walkyrie
post Aug 27 2005, 12:42 PM
Post #1

HP Fan

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,333

I heard an interview where PJ was asked if he would consider a remake of The Hobbit to follow his super successful trilogy - he said something like "that would be nice - I would definitely consider it as it would be cool to complete the story in that way and bring it up to date" . . . or some such. this happened right around all the Oscar hubbub over RotK, etc.

Has anyone heard anything more on that subject? Is there any rational way of pressing PJ and company (Weta Workshop, et al) to push the project forward?? That would just be supreme to have him tell that story in film with the energy and perfection he put into TLotR series!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
CurseBreaker
post Aug 29 2005, 08:18 AM
Post #2

Newbie HP Fan

Member No.: 484

From what I could find there has not been anything official and his next project is announced to be "The Lovely Bones" due to be released in 2007. But consider this. The movie rights for "The Hobbit" were split between a fair few people back in the day and it would seem very unlikely that anyone would give that up to Peter Jackson so he could make the Hobbit.

And personally I think that it is a good thing.
I never liked what he did to the Lord of the Rings and I doubt he would be able to make a satisfactory version of The Hobbit.
But that's just me 02:D

+Quote Post
ginapotter
post Aug 29 2005, 05:28 PM
Post #3

Hugest HP Fan

Member No.: 138

I didn't hear anything on this subject, but would love to see it happen. Personally I think he did a fantastic job on the trilogy and could defineetly do justice to the Hobbit.

+Quote Post
Walkyrie
post Aug 30 2005, 04:47 PM
Post #4

HP Fan

Member No.: 2,333

QUOTE(CurseBreaker @ Aug 29 2005, 08:18 AM)
. . . . .  it would seem very unlikely that anyone would give that up to Peter Jackson so he could make the Hobbit.

And personally I think that it is a good thing.
I never liked what he did to the Lord of the Rings and I doubt he would be able to make a satisfactory version of The Hobbit.
But that's just me 02:D
[right][snapback]84072[/snapback][/right]

Oh, I totally disagree with you there. So what are you one of those Tom Bombadil fans that didn't like the editing (i.e. shortening the script) for the movie? You know, I always thought the HP folks should have reached out to the fellow who played Gandalf to see if he would step into DD's shoes - I so dislike the new DD (mostly because his nails were too dirty in #3 and his robes weren't as regal and he WAS TOO SHORT next to Snape). Alas.

But I hear ya - Strider was probably a bit too pretty, and Legolas surfing down the stairs on a shield in 2towers was strictly Hollywood, but otherwsie I got totallt lost in three of the coolest movies ever made - but that's just me.

+Quote Post
Nomi
post Sep 5 2005, 03:50 PM
Post #5

From: A small wizarding village, by the name of Higgleaweg.
Member No.: 3,672

PJ should definitely make the Hobbit. I think he should use the same actors that he used for LotR - if they are up to it. Sir Ian McKellen played Gandalf so well - it was really impressive. What PJ did with the LotR films I think was amazing. I hate to imagine it differently. Yes, there were minor mistakes, and the story line was shortened a lot, but otherwise it was one of the best films I've ever seen, possibly the best.

+Quote Post
Hermione@13
post Oct 7 2005, 07:40 PM
Post #6

Huge HP Fan

Member No.: 3,572

Well, ya, I think he would be great in re-making The Hobbit and I do think that Ian should play DD. I've always been thinking of that and when I watched the first LoTR with my dad, when we saw Gandalf my dad's, like,"Look! It's DD!" Well, he said Dumbledore, but who cares. Anyway, I wonder if he'll ever take a shot at directing the HP movies. It would be interesting if he did.

+Quote Post
Professor McGona...
post Nov 26 2005, 01:48 PM
Post #7

HP Fan

Member No.: 3,996

My Dad saw an Interview with peter jackson and he said,"As soon as I'm done with King Kong I will start The Hobbit." So I'm guessing it's true! 02:D 52:gandalf:

+Quote Post
JCC
post Dec 9 2005, 05:55 PM
Post #8

Member No.: 4,275

I would love to see The Hobbit in a movie, I was always thinking about it as soon as the first LOTR came out. It would be great, and then there would be the Middle Earth Collection DVD boxset.

+Quote Post
Lorelei du Lac
post Mar 25 2006, 11:32 AM
Post #9

Member No.: 4,758

The Hobbit movie rights are split between New Line, which has the rights to produce the movie, and MGM, which has the rights to distribute it. Even though EVERYONE wants to see this movie made, the two studios have to come to agreement before that can start. There's an article in The Wall Street Journal on Thursday, March 9, that offers a glimmer of hope that the path to agreement might be unfolding. MGM, after an 18-month hiatus since it's acquisition by a group of investors including Sony and Comcast, looks like it might be re-entering the movie distribution business and is looking for partners to produce movies. Let the Hobbit Happen!

Read more about it here.

Lorelei 39:clap:

+Quote Post
MustangSally
post Mar 28 2006, 03:59 PM
Post #10

HP Fan

Member No.: 4,589

"Let 'The Hobbit' happen!" Amen! And let PJ do it. Not only because he handled the Trilogy so well, but for the simple fact that he is and always has been a fan! Who better to make movies true to their stories than the fans?

+Quote Post
rfkk
post Jun 2 2006, 10:23 AM
Post #11

Member No.: 4,982

?????

+Quote Post
Hermione@13
post Jun 28 2006, 12:17 AM
Post #12

Huge HP Fan

Member No.: 3,572

Sorry to be OT a little, but I totally regret having the new DD when we could've had Ian. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

+Quote Post
riddlemethis326
post Jul 24 2006, 01:42 PM
Post #13

Huge HP Fan

Member No.: 4,784

A Hobbit movie... hmmmm... I agree though, Ian should have been Dumbledore! Wahahahahahahaha...

+Quote Post
~*~Serendipity~*...
post Jan 4 2007, 11:27 PM
Post #14

Average HP Fan

Member No.: 5,122

I think if Peter Jackson directed The Hobbit then it would be a good movie, lol

+Quote Post
Mathias_thechose...
post Jan 5 2007, 12:01 PM
Post #15

Average HP Fan

Member No.: 4,063

I think if Peter Jackson directed The Hobbit then it would be a good movie, lol

good call Sere, i hate when series are destroyed by switching up the directors, if it was directed by anyone else, it would lose the feel of the whole movie, plus PJ is a directing genius, I'm studying to be a director/actor, so I kind of find all this talk fasinating, I can't waite until I go on my internship, they said I might go to london and study with this one director, I did ask If I could have my internship on the set of one of the HP films, and they said, "Don't count on it but, we'll see what we can do, " that made me almost die, I'm like "sounds super to me!" haha, fat chance of that happening, (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) though stranger thing have happened (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dragon.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/gandalf.gif)

+Quote Post
Guest_jujubee_*
post Mar 9 2007, 02:33 AM
Post #16

Guests

All that I have heard is that PJ wants to do 'The Hobbit' and he asked Ian Holm (Bilbo Baggins) to do it, and Ian said no.
Plus did they not consider Ian McKellan as the new DD. When they were choosing, I heard it was between Ian McKellan and Michael Gambon, and some other guy I don't remember. Then it went to Michael Gambon.

I think Ian McKellan would have been a good choice for DD. Perhaps he didn't feel like doing a wizard role so soon after having just done a wizard role!?!?!

+Quote Post
DarkHorse_331
post Mar 15 2007, 05:42 PM
Post #17

Member No.: 1,251

I heard that after he finished King Kong, that he would start on The Hobbit.

But...K.Kong has been in theaters and on DVD for quite some time now...
So...it's a toss up.
Though as some of you have previously stated, P. Jackson would want Ian McKellen to play
Gandalf, and Ian Holme to play Bilbo again.

It'd be most spiffy if he did make a Hobbit movie.
*nod*nod*

+Quote Post
KatScratch
post May 7 2007, 11:08 AM
Post #18

Member No.: 6,331

QUOTE(DarkHorse_331 @ Mar 15 2007, 05:42 PM) [snapback]123628[/snapback]
I heard that after he finished King Kong, that he would start on The Hobbit.

But...K.Kong has been in theaters and on DVD for quite some time now...
So...it's a toss up.
Though as some of you have previously stated, P. Jackson would want Ian McKellen to play
Gandalf, and Ian Holme to play Bilbo again.

It'd be most spiffy if he did make a Hobbit movie.
*nod*nod*

I did hear some rumors that it was supposed to be actually made and due out sometime this year around the xmas holidays. But that was just what I heard from a friend of mine. I should actually look this up and see what's happening with this.

I would like to see it made. I was never too much into the book as the Fellowship books but I know its going to be done just as good as PJs Fellowship ones since he has such a love for the books.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2014 - 06:46 pm