IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

This translator is for your use, but if you use it, please realize that you must reply to messages in English. Thanks and enjoy!

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> How to become a snake?, i just want to know
ottery_st_catch_...
post Oct 3 2005, 02:15 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,789

You know i really cant understand why harry can speak to snake. If voldermort passes to harry some of his powers then he can turn into a villain? because voldy's powers are bad right? that mean harry have the tendency to be bad also right? 52:gandalf: 02:lol:
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Dijares
post Oct 10 2005, 06:59 PM
Post #2

Administrator

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

This is true, however in HBP, DD tells Harry that, even though Harry could become evil, he doesn't because he has the power to love.

+Quote Post
triwizard_champi...
post Nov 27 2005, 12:21 AM
Post #3

Member No.: 4,152

Harry is very loving and caring, and I don't think that he has the power to become evil. :D

+Quote Post
SlytherinPrinces...
post Jul 8 2006, 01:43 PM
Post #4

Member No.: 5,108

Yes, Harry probably could become evil but as Dumbledore told him actually in Chamber of Secrets: 'It is our choices which show who we truly are, far more than our abilities.'
Yes, choices not abilities, Harry chose to become good and love and care about his friends so he kind of 'stopped' the tendence in him to become evil. He didn't want to become evil and that's why he isn't a baddie.

But occaisionally Harry's 'other' side does show itself although very vaguely. In OotP he tried to use the Cruciatus Curse but then his 'good' side shut the 'dark' side safely away. Like Bellatrix said: 'You have to have fun torturing people to use the Cruciatus Curse.'

+Quote Post
the_prisoner_of_...
post Jul 9 2006, 04:44 AM
Post #5

Huge HP Fan

Member No.: 5,046

Everybody, has the option of becoming evil. Ron could be tempted even Dumbledore. But like Slytherin Princess said, they CHOOSE not to. Harry has chosen to fight the good fight, just as Voldy chose to do horrible "evil" deeds. People are not born, or destined to be evil.
Harry could always turn around and choose to join the "dark side" (Im sounding very Star Wars right now). But that won't happen, why, because Harry wouldn't join the "man" who killed his parents.

+Quote Post
Guest_Hpbookfan_*
post Jul 22 2006, 10:00 AM
Post #6

Guests

harry's mom tried to save harry when vodemort came to kill him. remember in the end of the first book that vodemort or professor quirrel couldn't touch harry... thats because his mom tried to save him and it was love that vodemort didn't have. and then when voldemort takes harry's blood in the fourth book he can touch him i hope that helps. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

+Quote Post
Nanilk
post Dec 28 2006, 01:29 PM
Post #7

Member No.: 1,331

To become a snake you'll have to be an animagus. Harry has some of Voldemort's powers like being a parseltongue. And Harry had a family that loved him, something Voldemort never had. Think that there is more to it than this or anything you guys wrote.

Nanilk

+Quote Post
dontdoubtthepage...
post Mar 13 2007, 04:14 PM
Post #8

Member No.: 6,231

hmmmm harry wouldn't have the time to become an animagus tough (IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif) hes too busy fighting L. Voldermort and he resisted the temptation, hmmmmmm dont you usually turn into the animal that represents you best??? hmmm nah he wouldnt become a snake

+Quote Post
harrypotter11
post Mar 28 2007, 04:39 PM
Post #9

HP Fan

Member No.: 4,975

As alot of other people said, you have to become an animagus. I think you have to study alot to do that. But you don't become the animal that suits you most (at least I don't think so). I have proof! In the 4th book/movie, rather Victor Krum or Cedric Diggory turns into a shark to go underwater. The animal really wouldn't suit either of them.

+Quote Post
enara
post Apr 14 2007, 10:54 AM
Post #10

Average HP Fan

Member No.: 4,472

But Voldemorts powers arent evil, its just how he choses to use them.

+Quote Post
Hermione@13
post Apr 14 2007, 05:48 PM
Post #11

Huge HP Fan

Member No.: 3,572

I don't exactly understand the topic. Are you all saying that it is possible that V inserted some evil into Harry and that Harry now has the power to turn into snake and evil?

+Quote Post
harrypotter11
post Apr 17 2007, 04:01 PM
Post #12

HP Fan

Member No.: 4,975

QUOTE(ottery_st_catch_pole @ Oct 3 2005, 04:15 AM) [snapback]88019[/snapback]
You know i really cant understand why harry can speak to snake. If voldermort passes to harry some of his powers then he can turn into a villain? because voldy's powers are bad right? that mean harry have the tendency to be bad also right? 52:gandalf: 02:lol:

OK. As I written before,you have to become an Animagus to turn into a animal. That takes alot of studying. Now Harry can speak to a snake because when V man hit him with the spell, Harry got the scar and got some of his powers-no that wouldn't be the word...qualities is more the word. A quality V man had was to speak to snakes, and Harry just got that quality. As many other people said, it's your choice to become a villain. That isn't a quality you can get. It is just a path you choose, like in Star Wars. V man's powers are bad, but that was a path he chose, so I don't think it could be transfered to Harry. He can be bad, but it is his choice and Harry just wouldn't choose that.

+Quote Post
nobel
post Dec 22 2007, 09:01 AM
Post #13

Member No.: 7,237

voldy passes some of his powers but he didnt become HARRY POTTER because Harry is a GOOD LORD (IMG:style_emoticons/default/gryffindor.gif)

+Quote Post
Phoenix70
post Dec 22 2007, 09:06 AM
Post #14

Average HP Fan

Member No.: 7,195

The key word is 'some' of his powers. He didn't give him all of his powers, and wouldn't being an animagus be kind of like a learned talent?

+Quote Post
Bellatrix
post Dec 22 2007, 09:57 PM
Post #15

Member No.: 7,230

yea but voldemort isn't animagus

+Quote Post
Phoenix70
post Dec 22 2007, 09:58 PM
Post #16

Average HP Fan

Member No.: 7,195

yeh, that;s true too.

+Quote Post
imperio
post Sep 16 2008, 01:25 PM
Post #17

Newbie HP Fan

Member No.: 7,598

As Sirius say's it's our choices that make us who we are are Harrry choses to be good and to love that is the differance between the two.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th August 2014 - 10:29 pm