IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

This translator is for your use, but if you use it, please realize that you must reply to messages in English. Thanks and enjoy!
2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> The Veil, something i noticed while rereading OotP
MaraudersG1rl
post Dec 17 2005, 10:02 PM
Post #1

Average HP Fan

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,154

So while I was reading OotP again I got to the part where Harry, Hermione, Ron, Ginny, Neville, and Luna go to the department of mysteries. When they are looking for the right door to go through (in the circular room with the roatating walls) they go into the room with the veil. Luna says "there are people in there" while talking about the veil. So you know how Sirius fell through the archway when he died. Is he now inside the veil? And were the people whispering people who had walked through or fallen through the veil. And if you fall through the veil are you dead or trapped inside the veil, because if they can whisper then are they alive?

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Nina79
post Dec 18 2005, 06:46 AM
Post #2

Hugest HP Fan

Member No.: 4

Yes, Sirius is inside the veil now. And I think he's dead. You remember when Harry's parents came out from LV's wand in book/movie 4? They talked even if they were spirits (dead), so why wouldn't the people in the veil do the same? And the other (dead) headmasters in the headmistress office does the same. I think it just adds something to the serie, when something like this happens.

So I think they all are dead, that are in the veil. But you don't know what JK's planning for the last book. 01:)

+Quote Post
munz
post Feb 25 2006, 08:19 AM
Post #3

Member No.: 4,666

siriuses death is very important for the 7th book jk admited that she killed him for an important reason...
and its dose not " just adds something to the serie"
i think the people in the veil are not simply dead is more complicated...
its one of those things only someone who had witnesed death can see or hear...
luna said she heard them to during the final lunch or something...
45:gryffindor:

Please spell out ALL your words! Otherwise I have to delete your posts. Everyone doesn't understand English, because it's not their native language. And writing with shortcuts, or internet-language, doesn't really help.

+Quote Post
alyria
post Mar 2 2006, 07:44 PM
Post #4

Member No.: 4,686

personally, i think that the veil is the portal that connects the "underworld" to the real world. that's why it was in the department of mysteries, it was being studied. And so behind the veil is everyone who had ever died. i know it's kind of a shaky theory but if you think about it, it kind of makes sense.

+Quote Post
MaraudersG1rl
post Apr 27 2006, 07:57 PM
Post #5

Average HP Fan

Member No.: 2,154

personally, i think that the veil is the portal that connects the "underworld" to the real world. that's why it was in the department of mysteries, it was being studied. And so behind the veil is everyone who had ever died. i know it's kind of a shaky theory but if you think about it, it kind of makes sense.

yeahh thats interesting I really hope we find out about it in the seventh book

+Quote Post
Bellezza
post Apr 27 2006, 08:21 PM
Post #6

Average HP Fan

Member No.: 4,790

Jo has said that Sirius's death was important for the seventh book, but I think his death will make us better understand different characters. Though I admit, I wasn't Sirius's biggest fan, so I haven't thought too much into it. But the veil, and all of the department of mysteries, I think, will come back into play in the seventh book.

+Quote Post
crmhpfan
post Apr 28 2006, 04:47 AM
Post #7

Huge HP Fan

Group: News Posters
Member No.: 4,800

I never though of it like that.

I suppose he could be alive.

But Luna said she heard people whispering, so maybe people

die but their spirit/soul remains? 10:unsure:

+Quote Post
mischief managed
post Jul 16 2006, 10:14 PM
Post #8

Newbie HP Fan

Member No.: 5,143

I personally think that the veil is merely a dimensional portal between two different worlds. My opinion is that the veil is used to communicate with people that have surrendered or were forced to death. THat is why...i think, Jo said Sirius played a big role in the 7th book. I think that somehow sirius or others of harry fallen friends will be able to talk to him through it.

Of course...this theory is quite far-fetched and may be outlandish and completely incorrect...but it was just a thought that occured to me.

+Quote Post
Hermione@13
post Jul 21 2006, 07:32 PM
Post #9

Huge HP Fan

Member No.: 3,572

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/crying.gif) In an interview Jo said that Sirius is indeed dead. I don't think that they will comunicate with Sirius in the future because we have to accept that he is really dead. I feel very sad to say this, but I don't believe he is completely useless being dead. Possibly, something like his mother's portrait will happen to him. Ok...I hope that doesn't happen. Something that makes more sense is that his memory will probably "live" like DD's.

+Quote Post
josie
post Aug 28 2006, 05:38 AM
Post #10

Newbie HP Fan

From: the best place in the world :D WALES! *cymru ydy'r gorau!!!!*
Member No.: 5,365

QUOTE(alyria @ Mar 3 2006, 02:44 AM) [snapback]99138[/snapback]

yes... yeh i think you might be right! because it cant be every one wh o has ever fallen through because the number of people who have fallen through the veil must be quite small as its in the department of mysteries. but it must be a one way thing, - you can fall through, but not fall back again?

+Quote Post
Zola231
post Sep 12 2006, 07:26 AM
Post #11

Hugest HP Fan

Member No.: 5,324

I think that the veil just holds the dead people spirits. I just wonder what will happen or what you will see if you open, break or look into the veil.

+Quote Post
1HPgirl
post Sep 12 2006, 04:45 PM
Post #12

Average HP Fan

Member No.: 5,435

I have a very strong feeling that the veil will be a magor role in the 7th book. I could be wrong, but it just seemed to vaguely touched in OoTP for something that is so big.

+Quote Post
OmegaprimeVKM
post Dec 30 2006, 01:19 PM
Post #13

HP Fan

Member No.: 886

Usually Rowling will bring back something that wasn't major previously in a more important moment, so that it was previously mentioned making you a little more accepting of it. For example, Harry speaking Parseltongue, or the Centaurs appearing both happening in the first book and then reappearing in the fifth book. Anything else casually intertwined with the plot of a previous book in a minor role could be far more significant in the final title, for example, something like the Hog's Head, Buckbeak, things like this.

+Quote Post
Dijares
post Dec 31 2006, 07:14 AM
Post #14

Administrator

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

QUOTE(1HPgirl @ Sep 12 2006, 04:45 PM) [snapback]110527[/snapback]
I have a very strong feeling that the veil will be a magor role in the 7th book. I could be wrong, but it just seemed to vaguely touched in OoTP for something that is so big.

I totally agree with you. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/happy.gif) I think this room is called the death room for a reason. I think it is the one way in which Voldemort can be killed and his soul is held there. You know what Nick said...that a person becomes a ghost when they don't want to die. And if Voldemort doesn't want to die, and he becomes a ghost, he will have followers forever. So I think that the veil may be the way to hold the ghosts there - that's what Harry and Luna heard through the veil - the cries of the souls stuck in there. And once Voldemort is placed in there, the veil must be destroyed.

+Quote Post
Hermione@13
post Dec 31 2006, 06:22 PM
Post #15

Huge HP Fan

If they do destroy the Veil then they would have to destroy Sirius "inside" it, also! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/ohmy.gif) At least, if the souls are kept "in" there. What I think is that the Veil is sort of like the Dementor's Kiss. You're alive, but you have no purpose in life. You have an empty life and of course the more confusing way of saying it:you're living a dead life!

Actually, the question here for me is: where did the Veil come from? Did the Ministry make it to figure out a way to destroy V or did they make it on accident and not notice how powerful it was?

+Quote Post
Dijares
post Dec 31 2006, 07:10 PM
Post #16

Administrator

QUOTE(Hermione@12 @ Dec 31 2006, 06:22 PM) [snapback]120346[/snapback]
If they do destroy the Veil then they would have to destroy Sirius "inside" it, also! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/ohmy.gif) At least, if the souls are kept "in" there. What I think is that the Veil is sort of like the Dementor's Kiss. You're alive, but you have no purpose in life. You have an empty life and of course the more confusing way of saying it:you're living a dead life!

Actually, the question here for me is: where did the Veil come from? Did the Ministry make it to figure out a way to destroy V or did they make it on accident and not notice how powerful it was?

I agree, and if it's Harry who has to destroy the veil, then imagine how hard it will be for him to do...it will be like killing Sirius as well... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)

+Quote Post
Hermione@13
post Dec 31 2006, 07:20 PM
Post #17

Huge HP Fan

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/footinmouth.gif) AHHHHH! Enough of this Sirius being killed talk! It's like losing him all over again! Anyway, I don't believe he's dead. Just under a lot of stress.

+Quote Post
You-Know-Poo
post Jun 25 2007, 12:36 PM
Post #18

Average HP Fan

Member No.: 5,310

Get ready for a stupid question, what is the veil?
Is like an arch or something?

+Quote Post
Dijares
post Jun 25 2007, 12:41 PM
Post #19

Administrator

QUOTE(You-Know-Poo @ Jun 25 2007, 01:36 PM) [snapback]129173[/snapback]
Get ready for a stupid question, what is the veil?
Is like an arch or something?

Yes, it's like an arch that's made of stone that has drapes, and it's located in the ministry of magic in the death room.

+Quote Post
You-Know-Poo
post Jun 25 2007, 12:48 PM
Post #20

Average HP Fan

Member No.: 5,310

I just need this question cleared up, how did he fall through an arch?
It's been bothering me ever since I read the book the first time, is like at the bottom of something like an arena

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th November 2014 - 06:38 am