IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

This translator is for your use, but if you use it, please realize that you must reply to messages in English. Thanks and enjoy!

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Plot Holes, What has been dicovered
~*~Serendipity~*...
post Jul 15 2006, 05:59 PM
Post #1

Average HP Fan

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,122

Im sorry if this has been done but I have noticed a few things wrong between the movies/books. Such as underage wizardry. In the POA movie, Harry is doing magic under his blankets and in PS (movie) Hermione says (after Rons yellow rat spell failed) that she has learned and TRIED a few simple spells.

Reply with other plot holes you have found.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Hermione@13
post Jul 18 2006, 07:38 PM
Post #2

Huge HP Fan

Member No.: 3,572

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/ohmy.gif) Oh my gosh! now I will not depend on the movies at all! Probably, Hermy thouht that you could because it doesn't say anything about that in the first letters they recieved and nobody's there to tell her that it isn't allowed, but as for the one in PoA...Woah! I've also been wondering, why didn't they track Hagrid down when he was doing magic when he wasn't supposed to?

+Quote Post
~*~Serendipity~*...
post Jul 28 2006, 08:17 PM
Post #3

Average HP Fan

I guess thats true that Hermione could have thought she could practice since there was nothing telling her not to. I was also wondering how where she would have known to look for Diagon alley & how to open the wall. Cause her parents are muggle and all. I was also wondering how do people get out of Diagon Alley.

+Quote Post
Hermione@13
post Jul 30 2006, 05:50 PM
Post #4

Huge HP Fan

I guess to get out of Diagon Alley you could always go out the way you went in! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) Also, there may be other "secret passages" or "hidden entrances"! Anyway, as for Hermione knowing how to get into Diagon Alley we've never seen the Muggle letters have we? Probably there are directions attached on how to get into Diagon Alley and it says you have to use magic to get there, so therefore Hermy would've been able to do magic,but here's still another quiestion:couldn't they just have said use magic to get into Diagon Alley, but you aren't allowed to use it otherwise unless told to do so? Or she may have been bluffing because I noticed that they're allowed to do magic on the train.

+Quote Post
~*~Serendipity~*...
post Jul 30 2006, 07:56 PM
Post #5

Average HP Fan

Yes they should attach that part to the letter. As for the muggle letters Harry was raised by a muggle family so he would have gotten the letter he got without directions into Diagon Alley. The only reason he got in was because of hagrid. No Hagrid = lost Harry. I also find it hard she could have learned a "few" spells on the train in that short of time.

+Quote Post
Hermione@13
post Jul 31 2006, 07:55 PM
Post #6

Huge HP Fan

Yeah, that makes more sense! I just noticed that I can't imagine Hermione bluffing! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) Also, I don't understand how a wizard would get lost seeing as there's a Knight Bus, the MoM wizards on the lookout for rule-breaking wizards, and they're also on the lookout for wizards on the run, so thy might come upon a wizard that doesn't know where he's going.

+Quote Post
~*~Serendipity~*...
post Jul 31 2006, 08:21 PM
Post #7

Average HP Fan

Well a wizard raised in a muggle family wouldnt know about the Knight Bus or MoM or any thing maigical in fact. All they know is that they have to get to this place called Hogwarts in a certain amount of time. They should clear this up.

+Quote Post
Zola231
post Aug 27 2006, 02:46 PM
Post #8

Hugest HP Fan

Member No.: 5,324

~*~Serendipity~*~, wow very good thinking, maybe that was a rare JKR mistake.

+Quote Post
~*~Serendipity~*...
post Dec 29 2006, 05:53 AM
Post #9

Average HP Fan

QUOTE(Hermione@11 @ Jul 18 2006, 05:38 PM) [snapback]104903[/snapback]
Woah! I've also been wondering, why didn't they track Hagrid down when he was doing magic when he wasn't supposed to?

I also have been wondering that as well. Maybe MoM thought that since his wand was broken he cant do any magic and there is no point on keeping tabs on him.

+Quote Post
Hermione@13
post Dec 29 2006, 05:36 PM
Post #10

Huge HP Fan

That's true, but they must've sensed some sort of magic going on and Harry was the only other wizard in the shack. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif) It's possible that DD put protection on him, so he wouldn't be detected?

+Quote Post
WickedWitchOfThe...
post Dec 29 2006, 10:23 PM
Post #11

Greatest HP Fan That Ever Lived

Group: Guests
Member No.: 3

Or it could be like it says in the book, that he was allowed to do a bit of magic till he picked up Harry. And then after he picked up Harry, even though he knew it had been done, nobody else did, so he went ahead and chanced it and did that little bit so he wouldn't have to row back to shore.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 15th April 2014 - 11:18 pm