IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

This translator is for your use, but if you use it, please realize that you must reply to messages in English. Thanks and enjoy!
2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Have you noticed?, alk about things you have noticed about Harry Potter.
~*~Serendipity~*...
post Jul 30 2006, 08:24 PM
Post #1

Average HP Fan

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,122

I have noticed quite a few things in general about Harry Potter. For example in GOF they had a champion rise from each houses table. From Ravenclaw Fluer, From Gryffindor Harry, From Hufflepuff Cedric and from Slytherin Krum. In book 3 Harry dosen't have to face voldemort. I would say book 6 too but he does in a way. The most noticable thing ever is every year a new DADA teacher takes over. People think theres a Curse/Jinx on the job. To strech things even further V might have cursed it after he was rejected for the job. There are 7 horcuxes and 7 years in hogwarts. If you have noticed things like this reply with your imput
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
kittygirl543
post Jul 31 2006, 06:52 AM
Post #2

Big HP Fan

Member No.: 3,766

Wow. I notinced the DATDA thing, but nothing else.

+Quote Post
riddlemethis326
post Jul 31 2006, 11:28 AM
Post #3

Huge HP Fan

Member No.: 4,784

He did curse the job. Dumbledore said so himself. After he was rejected the job, Voldemort cursed it so that nobody could keep it for more than one year at a time.

Also, seven IS the magic number. Tom Riddle said that. So of course there is going to be a lot of "seven" going on. The list goes on and on.

+Quote Post
kittygirl543
post Aug 21 2006, 09:57 AM
Post #4

Big HP Fan

Member No.: 3,766

ya, your right. seven. hmm, there are a lot of things that are associated with seven.

+Quote Post
Hermione@13
post Aug 21 2006, 06:41 PM
Post #5

Huge HP Fan

Member No.: 3,572

For example, Ron's family. Since the seventh year at Hogwarts is the most important maybe the seventh Weasley born is the most important, Ginny! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/ohmy.gif)

+Quote Post
~*~Serendipity~*...
post Dec 29 2006, 05:48 AM
Post #6

Average HP Fan

Member No.: 5,122

Thats actually a good point Hermione

+Quote Post
Hermione@13
post Dec 29 2006, 06:20 PM
Post #7

Huge HP Fan

Thank you! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/closedeyes.gif)

Thre's also a difference of seven years between Nicholas Flamel and his wife, Devon. NF=665 DF=658(in SS/PS)

+Quote Post
WickedWitchOfThe...
post Dec 29 2006, 10:55 PM
Post #8

Greatest HP Fan That Ever Lived

Group: Guests
Member No.: 3

Devon is where he lives. Perenelle is the name of his wife. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif)

+Quote Post
baty4potter
post Dec 29 2006, 10:56 PM
Post #9

Group: Admin
Member No.: 2

QUOTE(WickedWitchOfTheWest @ Dec 29 2006, 11:55 PM) [snapback]120203[/snapback]
Devon is where he lives. Perenelle is the name of his wife. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif)

I'm sorry, but a one liner is coming.....

ROFLMRO!!!

+Quote Post
crmhpfan
post Dec 30 2006, 03:55 AM
Post #10

Huge HP Fan

Group: News Posters
Member No.: 4,800

QUOTE(~*~Serendipity~*~ @ Jul 31 2006, 11:54 AM) [snapback]120205[/snapback]
People think theres a Curse/Jinx on the job. To strech things even further V might have cursed it after he was rejected for the job

Dumbledore actually does say that since Voldy asked for the job the DATDA teacher has only lasted a year.

Here's some things that I've noticed....

In PS the vault which the philosophers stone is in is vault 713. The worl-wide release date for the OOTP movie is the 7th month and the 13th day.

Another thing that is kind of like the first one, is that Harry's birthday is the 7th month and the 13th day.

Also in PS the writing across the Mirror or Erised reads: "Erised stra ehru oyt ube cafru oyt on wohsi."
If you read it backwards it is actually a coded message, saying: "I show not your face but your hearts desire."

In OOTP, The Quibbler article about how Sirius Black is actually Stubby Boardman and how he sings in some band (the Hobgoblins i think). The initials for both names are "S.B"

One last thing is the four founders names all have something familiar with their animal symbol on the crest

Godric Gryffindor: The animal for Gryffindor is a lion, a gryffin is actually a type of lion (im pretty sure!)

Rowena Ravenclaw: The animal for Ravenclaw is an eagle, eagle/raven both the same kind of bird.

Salazar Slytherin: The animal for Slytherin is a snake, a snake slithers.

But I can't think of anything for Hufflepuff (sorry (IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif) )

That's all I can think of for now (IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif)

+Quote Post
Mathias_thechose...
post Dec 30 2006, 12:03 PM
Post #11

Average HP Fan

Member No.: 4,063

Wow, Alot of thinking I assume, was put into that crmhpfan? haha, but wasn't harry born on the 31st of july?

and isn't a hufflepuff the name of a type of badger? I think I heard that on the jeff corwin show, he was relating this one episode to Harry Potter, or maybe it was on animal planet, and they said where JK might have got her ideas, and that, a hufflepuff badger, is a rare, type of badger, that resides in like Toronto canada, or something, I Don't Know, haha, something like that.... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dragon.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/gandalf.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif)

+Quote Post
crmhpfan
post Dec 30 2006, 09:02 PM
Post #12

Huge HP Fan

QUOTE(Mathias_thechosenone2010 @ Dec 31 2006, 03:33 AM) [snapback]120260[/snapback]
Wow, Alot of thinking I assume, was put into that crmhpfan? haha, but wasn't harry born on the 31st of july?

Too true, I just got it muddled up (IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif)

Another thing I thought of was even thought the Forbidden Forest is forbidden, and you're not ment to go in there, Harry's been in there every year.

Philosophers Stone: With Hagrid whern they're looking for unicorn Blood in detention
Chamber of Secrets: When Harry and Ron follow the Spiders
Prisoner of Azkaban: When Hermione and Harry wait with buckbeak and (in the movie) get chased by lupin
Goblet of Fire: When Harry sees the dragons
Order of the Phoenix: Grawp and when Hermione and Harry take Umbridge in there
Half Blood Prince: I can't remember exactly but i'm pretty sure they go in there (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

This post has been edited by crmhpfan: Dec 30 2006, 09:02 PM

+Quote Post
Mathias_thechose...
post Dec 31 2006, 01:16 PM
Post #13

Average HP Fan

Member No.: 4,063

Too true, I just got it muddled up tongue.gif

No problem mon, same thing happens to me all the time, (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

yeah the Forbidden Forest thing, i have noticed....Maybe it's some sort of forshadowing? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dragon.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/gandalf.gif)

This post has been edited by Mathias_thechosenone2010: Dec 31 2006, 01:16 PM

+Quote Post
Hermione@13
post Dec 31 2006, 06:47 PM
Post #14

Huge HP Fan

Devon is where he lives. Perenelle is the name of his wife.
(IMG:style_emoticons/default/blush.gif) I got my names mixed up! I have got to read PS/SS over again! I haven't gone back to the earlier books in such a long time!

Philosophers Stone: With Hagrid whern they're looking for unicorn Blood in detention
Chamber of Secrets: When Harry and Ron follow the Spiders
Prisoner of Azkaban: When Hermione and Harry wait with buckbeak and (in the movie) get chased by lupin
Goblet of Fire: When Harry sees the dragons
Order of the Phoenix: Grawp and when Hermione and Harry take Umbridge in there

Anyway, here are my reasons for why they went into the forest when it's forbidden.

PS/SS:DD trusts Hagrid and the school belongs to DD, so he let them.
CoS: nobody knew that they were going in there most likely
PoA:NEVER TRUST THAT MOVIE(sorry, i got to yelling there)
GoF:Harry was in his Invisibility Cloak, so he wasn't allowed, anyway
OotP:they sneak in for Grawp and Umbridge works for the Ministry, so as sad as it is to say this she had the authority to bend rules like that

+Quote Post
WickedWitchOfThe...
post Jan 1 2007, 02:33 PM
Post #15

Group: Guests
Member No.: 3

PoA:NEVER TRUST THAT MOVIE(sorry, i got to yelling there)

Technically, they did go into the Forbidden Forest in the book, though not far into it. Remember, they were hiding Buckbeak after they untied him when they came to execute him and the forest was their cover.

+Quote Post
Hermione@13
post Jan 1 2007, 07:22 PM
Post #16

Huge HP Fan

Yes, that's true. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/bigeyes2.gif) Sorry! I read the word movie and reacted as I always do when I hear about PoA the movie.

Anyway, what I noticed...I also noticed that Hermione unlocked the door to the third floor corridor quite easily in SS chapter nine.

+Quote Post
harry potter guy
post Jan 2 2007, 09:31 PM
Post #17

HP Fan

Member No.: 4,612

Yes there is an unbelieavably number of times the number 7 is used in the books. Prepare to get bored.

There are 7 books in the Harry Potter series
There are 7 years of studies at Hogwarts
Harry's birthday is in July which is the 7th month of the year
The Weasley family has 7 children
The Alohomora spell can be found in the Standard Books of Spells chapter 7
There are 7 Quidditch players in a team
Add the numbers of Platform 9 3/4 together ... 9+3+4 = 16, and 1+6=7!
There are 142 flights of stairs at Hogwarts which adds to 7 (1+4+2=7)
Gryffindor Tower is located on the 7th floor
Gryffindor hadn't won the house cup for seven years before Harry came
Nicholas Flamel and his wife have 7 years age difference
There are seven obstacles to obtaining the Sorcerer's Stone: Fluffy, Devil's Snare, flying keys, chess game, troll, potions, and the Mirror of Erised.
One of the obstacles that Harry and Hermione come across while trying to find the Sorcerer's Stone is seven differently shaped bottles and a riddle.
Hogwarts students have to buy all 7 of Lockhart's books
There are 7 hidden passageways out of Hogwarts shown on the Marauders' Map
Flitwick's office (where Sirius is locked in the third book) is located on the 7th floor
There are 700 ways to commit a foul in Quidditch
Harry's Quiddich number is 7 in the POA film.
The Triwizard Tournament was first established 700 years before its appearance in the GOF
Fred and George charge 7 sickles for a canary cream
There are 7 locks in Moody's trunk
Moody was locked in the seventh lock of his trunk
In the American version of POA beginning Chapter 15, is an illustration of Hagrid's letter to Hermione in regards to Buckbeak's trial which shows 7 teardrops
Frank Bryce was said to be nearing his seventy-seventh birthday in GOF.
After the Weasleys, Diggorys, Harry and Hermione arrive with the Portkey to the Quiddich World Cup campground, a voice said, "Seven past five from Stoatshead Hill."
After hearing a loud, cracking noise while watching the news, Uncle Vernon waves from the window at "Mrs. Number Seven, who was glaring from behind her net curtains."
In OOTP, during Harry's trial, Dumbledore states "...clause seven of the Decree [for the Reasonable Restriction of Underage Sorcery] states that magic may be used before Muggles in exceptional circumstances..."
The Room of Requirement which is used for DA meetings is on the 7th floor
Lily began going out with James in their 7th year at Hogwarts
The prophecy is in row 97 in the Department of Mysteries
In OOTP, when Harry fell down the stairs into the room with the veil, seven people came to his aid; Neville, Sirius, Lupin, Moody, Tonks, Kingsley, and Dumbledore.
Also in OotP, Harry and his group visit 7 rooms in the Department of Mysteries: the circular black room with the blue candles and many doors, the time room, the space room, the room with the veil, the Hall of Prophecy, the locked room, and the room with the brains.
In POA, when Snape is filling in for Professor Lupin, he instructs the class to turn to page 394. 3 + 9 + 4 = 16: 1+6 = 7. (also see "The Number 12" regarding this number)
There are 7 Animagi registered with the Improper Use of Magic Office
HBP came out on July 16, 2005 ... the month, date and year each add to 7!
In HBP, The Ministry of Magic sends out a purple leaflet with seven ways to protect the home and family against dark forces.
Harry and Ron both receive 7 O.W.L.s
HPB: Harry took up his position by his bedroom window, where he had been watching for Dumbledore since seven o'clock.
Blaise Zabini's mother is a famously beautiful witch who had been married (and widowed) seven times.
Harry takes the Half-Blood Prince's advice in his book to brew his Draught of Living Death and "...add a clockwise stir after every seventh counterclockwise stir."
Slughorn took the Felix Felicis potion for the second time in his life when he was fifty-seven.
While on his way to Dumbledore's office, Harry hides as Professor Trelawney passes by, shuffling dirty-looking playing cards. The second one she reads is the seven of spades - an ill omen.
Dumbledore's office is on the seventh floor of Hogwarts.
Quidditch practice is held at seven o'clock in the evening.
Six or seven Inferi crumpled when Harry hit them with the Petrificus Totalus spell.
Voldemort thinks 7 is the most powerfully magical number; therefore, Dumbledore believes that he divided his soul by 7: six Horcruxes and himself.
... And rumor has it that the seventh and final book in the Harry Potter series will be released on 7/07/07! While this IS only a rumor, and NOT an official release date (I mean, come on! the book hasn't even been completely written yet!), it would seem indeed to be a fitting date for the seventh book about seven pieces of Voldemort's soul and ending Harry's seven years at Hogwarts.

Please spell out ALL your words! Thanks...

+Quote Post
crmhpfan
post Jan 3 2007, 03:27 AM
Post #18

Huge HP Fan

Lol (IMG:style_emoticons/default/spin.gif) that would have taken a while!

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/clap.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/clap.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/clap.gif)

+Quote Post
baty4potter
post Jan 3 2007, 06:50 AM
Post #19

Group: Admin
Member No.: 2

Reading all that made me run out of breath!! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/bigeyes2.gif)

+Quote Post
Hermione@13
post Jan 3 2007, 09:31 PM
Post #20

Huge HP Fan

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) That wasn't boring that was actually pretty interesting! There are also things about twelve.

-12 uses of dragons blood
-Hermione Jane has 12 letters
-Molly Weasley has 12 letters in it
-in PoA Harry's attempted murder happened 12 years ago
-number 12 Grummauld Place
-there were 12 Muggle witnesses the day Pettigrew faked his death

I bet there are more, but I can't think of any.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 2nd September 2014 - 06:47 pm