IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

This translator is for your use, but if you use it, please realize that you must reply to messages in English. Thanks and enjoy!

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Bellatrix Lestrange, Do you like casting choice?
Do you like the choice?
You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Total Votes: 17
Guests cannot vote 
Perseus_Evans
post Aug 18 2006, 11:13 AM
Post #1

Big HP Fan

Group: Members
Member No.: 704

As we all now know, Helena Bonham Carter has been cast to play Bellatrix...

Personally I wonder whether maybe JKR had her in mind all along. She definitely can pull of the "evil beauty" character type, and frankly was very close to the picture I had of her in my mind.

Now I truly can't wait for the duel between her and Sirius. Two fantastic actors will give the emotion to that scene that we're meant to feel...

Also I think it tells us that Bellatrix will be a big role in Book 7, since they got such a renowned actress to play the role...

In any case, this is my favorite casting choice since Gary Oldman...
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Hermione@13
post Aug 18 2006, 07:04 PM
Post #2

Huge HP Fan

Member No.: 3,572

I wouldn't say she was perfect for the part, but I could picture her playing it, so I guess there were other people that looked more like Lestrange, but couldn't act. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/mellow.gif) Well, I guess now it's all about seeing how well she plays the part and I personally have confidence in her. Hopefully, she can play a person that evil.

+Quote Post
snapes_girl
post Dec 4 2006, 09:34 AM
Post #3

Newbie HP Fan

Member No.: 5,410

Seeing the trailor and the behind the scenes footage, I can now say that I think she is a perfect Bellatrix! She is a great actress and I think will do the part justice.

She looks really creepy and like someone that has been in Azkaban for several years

+Quote Post
Zola231
post Dec 5 2006, 10:50 AM
Post #4

Hugest HP Fan

Member No.: 5,324

Well Helena Bonham Carter does look very creepy indeed, very good choice. She stated she has played witches and hags before, so her job will be a bit easier.

I was looking at Brooke Anderson whe she has make-up she can look very scary, but then again she is american. I think that the producers would like as many british actors as possible.

+Quote Post
My Pensieve
post Dec 5 2006, 05:19 PM
Post #5

HP Fan

Member No.: 7

I believe there can be No American actors.

+Quote Post
Zola231
post Dec 6 2006, 06:28 AM
Post #6

Hugest HP Fan

Member No.: 5,324

QUOTE(My Pensieve @ Dec 5 2006, 11:19 PM) [snapback]118681[/snapback]

I believe there can be No American actors.

I know that the actors/actresses that playu these charecters are american:

Lord Voldemort
Kingsley Shacklebolt
And there are others...

+Quote Post
My Pensieve
post Dec 6 2006, 07:03 AM
Post #7

HP Fan

The only American I know of to play in the movies was Chris Columbus' daughter, and she played Susan Bones.

Ralph Fiennes is from England, George Harris who plays Kingsley Shacklebolt is from Grenada, West Indies.

I do have a bit of inside info, and will check on all of this, but no Americans are in it to my knowledge except Columbus' daughter, and I don't know if she's even in it anymore.

I'll contact baty who has a friend that lives in England, and her dad works on the movie set, and she'll be able to tell me more.

+Quote Post
Hermione@13
post Dec 6 2006, 09:32 PM
Post #8

Huge HP Fan

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/ohmy.gif) George Harris?! Is he related to Richard Harris? Well, anyway, I can't see the pictures Zola provided due to Parental Controls, but I've seen the girl before and in the trailer, but I can't really say much.

+Quote Post
cruticus
post Dec 7 2006, 02:53 AM
Post #9

Hugest HP Fan

Member No.: 13

She looks awesome and I cannot find anyone elese that could do that part better...

+Quote Post
My Pensieve
post Dec 7 2006, 06:45 AM
Post #10

HP Fan

QUOTE(Hermione@11 @ Dec 6 2006, 10:32 PM) [snapback]118697[/snapback]

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/ohmy.gif) George Harris?! Is he related to Richard Harris? Well, anyway, I can't see the pictures Zola provided due to Parental Controls, but I've seen the girl before and in the trailer, but I can't really say much.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laughing.gif) No, I don't believe George Harris is related to Richard Harris? Well it's not impossible, but not probable.

Go here and you'll see a picture of him. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

+Quote Post
N Tonks
post Feb 4 2007, 05:30 PM
Post #11

Member No.: 6,161

is this because they can't speak in a proper British accent or why don't they want American actors?

+Quote Post
baty4potter
post Feb 4 2007, 06:36 PM
Post #12

Greatest HP Fan That Ever Lived

Group: Admin
Member No.: 2

QUOTE(N Tonks @ Feb 4 2007, 06:30 PM) [snapback]122248[/snapback]
is this because they can't speak in a proper British accent or why don't they want American actors?

They want to keep it an all British cast except for parts where kids come from other schools. There are no American schools involved so they won't cast Americans. I also agree with this, there are plenty of British kids for the parts so there is no reason to cast someone from America.

+Quote Post
Hermione@13
post Feb 4 2007, 09:26 PM
Post #13

Huge HP Fan

No, I don't believe George Harris is related to Richard Harris? Well it's not impossible, but not probable.
(IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) it was a joke. Richard Harris' death was so unexpected I'd believe something likewhat I said anyday!

Go here and you'll see a picture of him.

I can't. Two words:parental Controls.

Anyway, back to Bellatrix. Since I haven't seen her act before then I can't say if I love her for the part, but she looks evil enough with the make-up and everything. I think I was expecting a more "mean" aura if you know what I mean, but she works. That is if she could act the part well.

+Quote Post
harrypotter11
post Apr 25 2007, 04:42 PM
Post #14

HP Fan

Member No.: 4,975

QUOTE(Hermione@12 @ Feb 4 2007, 11:26 PM) [snapback]122253[/snapback]
(IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) it was a joke. Richard Harris' death was so unexpected I'd believe something likewhat I said anyday!
I can't. Two words:parental Controls.

Anyway, back to Bellatrix. Since I haven't seen her act before then I can't say if I love her for the part, but she looks evil enough with the make-up and everything. I think I was expecting a more "mean" aura if you know what I mean, but she works. That is if she could act the part well.

Just as Hermione@12 says, since I haven't seen her act before, I don't know if she's perfect for the part. But in the pictures of her I've seen, I think she looks just like what I visulize while reading.

+Quote Post
Guest_jujubee_*
post Apr 26 2007, 02:26 AM
Post #15

Guests

I think she's exactly the right choice. She looks absolutely freaky in the pics and the trailers!!! I think she'll do great!!

+Quote Post
crmhpfan
post Apr 26 2007, 05:43 AM
Post #16

Huge HP Fan

Group: News Posters
Member No.: 4,800

I think she looks absolutely brilliant in the shots of her in Azkaban, but I think she looks a little too goth in the Ministry of Magic fight. But, still, I think it is a good casting choice. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th November 2014 - 03:21 am