IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

This translator is for your use, but if you use it, please realize that you must reply to messages in English. Thanks and enjoy!
3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Behind the veil, Dead people...
~*~Serendipity~*...
post Dec 29 2006, 05:34 AM
Post #21

Average HP Fan

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,122

Well thats contordictary because the door that never opened in the department of mystries seemed to be containing not a necissarly dark but powerful force and all the other items in the department of mysteries like the brains and so on. So they do create "evil" things as well

This post has been edited by ~*~Serendipity~*~: Dec 29 2006, 05:34 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
enara
post Dec 29 2006, 12:45 PM
Post #22

Average HP Fan

Member No.: 4,472

Thats true.

But we still dont know what happenes to you behind the veil, so we don't even know if it is like the dementors kiss.
What if when you fall in, you can come back out and walk around, but your like a gost, except no one can see you or hear you or make contact with you in anyway.

+Quote Post
Hermione@13
post Dec 29 2006, 06:26 PM
Post #23

Huge HP Fan

Member No.: 3,572

I hope not! What a horrible fate for Sirius! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/weeping.gif) I still think there is some place you go when you go "into" the veil. It's possible there are different effects depending on which side you go through.

+Quote Post
~*~Serendipity~*...
post Dec 30 2006, 05:00 AM
Post #24

Average HP Fan

Just out of curiousity, dont you wonder what would happen if you stuck your arm in or head to see what it was like or if you would get pulled in, because Sirius got pushed in.

This post has been edited by ~*~Serendipity~*~: Dec 30 2006, 05:01 AM

+Quote Post
baty4potter
post Dec 30 2006, 09:29 AM
Post #25

Greatest HP Fan That Ever Lived

Group: Admin
Member No.: 2

QUOTE(~*~Serendipity~*~ @ Dec 30 2006, 06:00 AM) [snapback]120227[/snapback]
Just out of curiousity, dont you wonder what would happen if you stuck your arm in or head to see what it was like or if you would get pulled in, because Sirius got pushed in.

Yep, many times, but I was afraid I'd be sucked in. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laughing.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

But ...... in all honesty, yes I have thought about that, and if I were actually there I would be tempted to do that.

+Quote Post
WickedWitchOfThe...
post Dec 30 2006, 01:39 PM
Post #26

Group: Guests
Member No.: 3

In all honesty, I feel that what would happen is similar to DD's hand in HBP, or that one guy's arm in "The Mummy Returns." I think that whatever part of your body you put through it would die immediately. You stick in your arm and when you pull it back out it's all black and withered and nasty looking. But that's just what I imagine happening. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/happy.gif)

+Quote Post
baty4potter
post Dec 30 2006, 05:36 PM
Post #27

Group: Admin
Member No.: 2

QUOTE(WickedWitchOfTheWest @ Dec 30 2006, 02:39 PM) [snapback]120272[/snapback]
In all honesty, I feel that what would happen is similar to DD's hand in HBP, or that one guy's arm in "The Mummy Returns." I think that whatever part of your body you put through it would die immediately. You stick in your arm and when you pull it back out it's all black and withered and nasty looking. But that's just what I imagine happening. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/happy.gif)

Well, I'm not sticking my dang hand in there then!!! I'll let you go first, and then I'll respond accordingly after that. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laughing.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laughing.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif)

+Quote Post
enara
post Dec 30 2006, 11:47 PM
Post #28

Average HP Fan

You could just stick a finger in.
Assuming that is true about being all brown and gross if you stick your hand in, than we are making it so much more complicated than it is. So sirius's body is still in there, and whoever else had fallen or walked in.
Could you pull back the veil like you would pull back a curtin or something and just see what is behind there?

+Quote Post
Hermione@13
post Dec 31 2006, 06:57 PM
Post #29

Huge HP Fan

I have always thought of that. Like, take a stick and pull back the curtain, so you could see what's behind the Veil! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) Actually, I always imagined it as sucking you in. Bellatrix didn't neccesarily push Sirius and I don't think the force of the spell was that hard, though now that I think of it it must've been, but if it wasn't then I think the Veil could suck you in. I don't think the Veil does anything to you externally, though.

+Quote Post
crmhpfan
post Jan 1 2007, 12:15 AM
Post #30

Huge HP Fan

Group: News Posters
Member No.: 4,800

QUOTE(Hermione@12 @ Jan 1 2007, 10:27 AM) [snapback]120354[/snapback]
Bellatrix didn't neccesarily push Sirius and I don't think the force of the spell was that hard, though now that I think of it it must've been, but if it wasn't then I think the Veil could suck you in.

When bellatrix stupefied sirius, i dont think it was the force of the spell, just the impact of it. Because when you're stupefied, you don't just sit there, so I think he fell backwards and the veil just happened to be behind him. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/mellow.gif)

+Quote Post
Hermione@13
post Jan 1 2007, 07:29 PM
Post #31

Huge HP Fan

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/weeping.gif) That stupid Veil, but, yes, that makes sense. You do fall down when you get hit and he didn't just fall down, but he fell through the Veil.

+Quote Post
enara
post Jan 3 2007, 09:05 PM
Post #32

Average HP Fan

That is how Imagined it, so if it doesnt suck you in, than supposedly you could pull it aside. unless it was stuck or something.

+Quote Post
Hermione@13
post Jan 3 2007, 09:33 PM
Post #33

Huge HP Fan

I'm a little confused about your little conclusion there enara. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/fragend005.gif) Are you questioning if you can pull back the curtain to look behind the Veil?

+Quote Post
enara
post Jan 4 2007, 10:49 PM
Post #34

Average HP Fan

Well what if you werent able to pull back the veil? Like you know how a curtin is able to slide back, well what if the veil couldn't, there wasnt any rings, or things allowing it to move. Or there was a spell that wasn't allowing you.

+Quote Post
~*~Serendipity~*...
post Jan 4 2007, 11:01 PM
Post #35

Average HP Fan

I've been thinking if it cant move how did he fall through. Like did he stumble back and went through a rip in the curtains or what. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wacko.gif)

+Quote Post
harrypotteraddic...
post Jan 5 2007, 06:08 AM
Post #36

Member No.: 6,135

QUOTE(Zola231 @ Nov 25 2006, 07:45 PM) [snapback]118314[/snapback]
My little theory:

When Harry heard the whispers behind the veil, so did Luna Lovegood. Do you think that you can only hear or maybe look behind the veil if you have seen death. Do you think that Harry and Luna could talk to death. On the day of the leaving feast Luna had mentioned that she could be able to talk to her mother. Maybe they could bring back the dead if they sacrifice themselves or someone...

What do you think?

in the book uk edition pg 852 "sirus" harry repeated still gazing mesmerized at the continuously swaying veil"yeah..." something finally slid back into place in his brain. siru captured,bound, and tortured,and he was staring at this archway. he took several paces back from the dais and wrenched his eyes from the veil.
"let's go" he said
"thats what i have been trying to -well, come on then!"said hermione, and she led the way back around the dais.[/color]Ginny and Neville were staring apparently entranced at the veil too.[color="#000000"]without speaking hermione took hold of ginny's arm ,Ron grabbed nevilee's and they marched them firmly back to the lowest stone bench and clambered all the way back up to the door.

from the this paragraph we can clearly see that it was not just luna and harry that were transfixed by the veil but also neville and ginny we kno that neither of them saw detah before so the theory about harry and luna seeing dead people through the veil because they were the only ones thta saw detah cant apply. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/gryffindor.gif)

+Quote Post
harrypotteraddic...
post Jan 5 2007, 06:13 AM
Post #37

Member No.: 6,135

QUOTE(enara @ Dec 27 2006, 09:20 AM) [snapback]119752[/snapback]
So if your body and soul are seperated than could you die? I mean I think without your soul your body would die right? And your sould can't die if it is sepirated from your body so than it would be like the dementors kiss. Unless your soul never dies even even you die normaly. Maybe that is what they mean when they say someone will live forever in your heart.

What if everyone goes to the veil when they die? I mean their soul does and its all a collection of souls of people who died. Or the veil is a way of communication. But you could always communicate to the dead, as long as you have a picture of them. Maybe their souls go in to their pictures.

No that wouldn't work because that would mean spliting your soul, which only happens when you kill someone. Maby the split part of the soul when you die goes behind the veil.

ANYWAY back to the subject: it is possible that the only reason the others didn't hear the whisper is because they just wernt listning. I mean think about it, Ron was like crazy and the others were busy dueling wizards that knew more than them, so they were probobly consumed in their own problems. Plus it must have been noisy, so maybe Luna was just close enough to the veil to hear it.

Neville has seen death so he would have been able to hear it weather or not it be true about the hearing it only if you have seen someone die. Also aiding to my story of it being noisy.

BUT IT METNIONS THAT BOTH GINNY AND NEVILLE WERE FIXED BY THE VEIL AND AT THAT MOMENT THERE WERE NO OTHER WIZARDS TO FIGHT THE DARK WIZARDS DDNT SHOW UP UNTILL AFTER HERMIONE PULLED HARRY AWAY FORM THE VEIL AND AFTER GINNY,NEVILLE,LUNA,RON AND ALL THE REST LEFT HTE VEIL

+Quote Post
Nina79
post Jan 5 2007, 07:40 AM
Post #38

Hugest HP Fan

Member No.: 4

QUOTE(harrypotteraddict{liza} @ Jan 5 2007, 12:13 PM) [snapback]120703[/snapback]
BUT IT METNIONS THAT BOTH GINNY AND NEVILLE WERE FIXED BY THE VEIL AND AT THAT MOMENT THERE WERE NO OTHER WIZARDS TO FIGHT THE DARK WIZARDS DDNT SHOW UP UNTILL AFTER HERMIONE PULLED HARRY AWAY FORM THE VEIL AND AFTER GINNY,NEVILLE,LUNA,RON AND ALL THE REST LEFT HTE VEIL

Please do not use caps lock, since it's considered as screaming. And also do not make double-posts. If you want to add something in your first post, there's an edit-button on the right bottom of all your posts. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) Thanks!

+Quote Post
WickedWitchOfThe...
post Jan 5 2007, 01:34 PM
Post #39

Group: Guests
Member No.: 3

Well what if you werent able to pull back the veil? Like you know how a curtin is able to slide back, well what if the veil couldn't, there wasnt any rings, or things allowing it to move. Or there was a spell that wasn't allowing you.
I've been thinking if it cant move how did he fall through. Like did he stumble back and went through a rip in the curtains or what.

Being that it was swaying, I've always imagined the veil to appear the same way a curtain does in a window when it is open and there is a slight breeze. Little flutters of movement. So it isn't a stationary object, it does move. And I imagine when Sirius fell through it his body pushed it as he fell back. Being that that occurred, I would find it hard to believe that there would be a spell to prevent you from pulling it back. It would be you and anyone around you to keep you from doing so. I'd be rather surprised if anyone had attempted to do so (except someone from the DOM, of course) just with the slight bit of power it seemed to have over the people who we know have been near it.

neville and ginny we kno that neither of them saw detah before

I beg to differ. We know for a fact that Neville has seen death before.

+Quote Post
Hermione@13
post Jan 5 2007, 05:16 PM
Post #40

Huge HP Fan

Okay, just to get back on the line here, I think that Sirius is living a dead life behind the Veil. I just wanted to say that because people were getting a little off balance. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/blink.gif)

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2014 - 11:33 pm