IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

This translator is for your use, but if you use it, please realize that you must reply to messages in English. Thanks and enjoy!
2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Discuss the first book - Eragon, Discuss the 1st book of the Inheritance trilogy here
Dijares
post Dec 26 2006, 10:28 AM
Post #1

Administrator

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

Here is where you can discuss the first book in the Inheritance trilogy - Eragon. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dragon.gif)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Mathias_thechose...
post Dec 26 2006, 11:17 AM
Post #2

Average HP Fan

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,063

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/dragon.gif) sweet new smiley, I'm taken it, haha gandalf has always been sort of sriv's thing, and i kind of stole it from him when i first came on the boards, let's take a moment of silence for me dropping old gandalf....dang, I just can't part with him, i'll use both, haha

One this book first came out, I almost died, I wanted it soooo bad, I saw it on this movie thing, for an announcment about this thing called the book mobile, that use to come to my elementary, and middle school, with new, and old books. So when it came out, I was the first to check it out at our school library, and i got it for Christmas last year, or the year before, and re-read it, man, good book (IMG:style_emoticons/default/gandalf.gif)

+Quote Post
murtagh_sbk
post Dec 26 2006, 03:14 PM
Post #3

Newbie HP Fan

Member No.: 6,114

yah its awseome though eldest is better

+Quote Post
riddlemethis326
post Dec 27 2006, 11:23 PM
Post #4

Huge HP Fan

Member No.: 4,784

My teacher started reading it to us in sixth grade, but I wasn't cool enough for it apparently because I didn't like it. We never got farther than the beginning though. Then the next year, my friend started reading it and telling me how amazing it was. So I challanged her to a race to finish it... I WON! But more than that, I loved it! Must I say more...? No... I think you get it. Just look at my siggy!

+Quote Post
~*~Serendipity~*...
post Dec 28 2006, 03:55 AM
Post #5

Average HP Fan

Member No.: 5,122

I got Eragon for Christmas a couple years back and at first it didn't seem interesting but I sat down with it one day and got wrapped up in the story. I'd have to say very captivating and that this book & trilogy made it quite far since it is now a movie.

+Quote Post
Mathias_thechose...
post Dec 28 2006, 11:58 AM
Post #6

Average HP Fan

I think the Trilogy is great, and will end up to have a great ending, not as grand as the HP ending, of course, but still great. From the moment I saw the book advertised, I knew I'd enjoy it, and still do... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dragon.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/gandalf.gif)

+Quote Post
Nina79
post Dec 28 2006, 02:32 PM
Post #7

Hugest HP Fan

Member No.: 4

I just have to ask, what kind of book is this? I haven't heard about it before, I think...

+Quote Post
riddlemethis326
post Dec 28 2006, 02:34 PM
Post #8

Huge HP Fan

It's fantasy... about an ordinary farm boy who finds a dragon egg and discovers he's not really "ordinary" after all...

This post has been edited by riddlemethis326: Dec 28 2006, 02:34 PM

+Quote Post
Dijares
post Dec 28 2006, 03:12 PM
Post #9

Administrator

QUOTE(Nina79 @ Dec 28 2006, 02:32 PM) [snapback]119960[/snapback]
I just have to ask, what kind of book is this? I haven't heard about it before, I think...

Nina, you'd love it...it's kind of LOTR-esque, but has it's own story. The author was 15 when he wrote the 1st book (18 when it was published), so there are some problems with things like transition in the 1st book, but the 2nd book really saw the author maturing. it's a very good fantasy story. About good against evil, doing the right thing and sticking to what you know is right (like HP).

You should try it at the library if you don't want to buy it (if you have it there). It is a great story, though. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dragon.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

+Quote Post
murtagh_sbk
post Dec 28 2006, 05:34 PM
Post #10

Newbie HP Fan

eragon is almost better than hp i say

+Quote Post
riddlemethis326
post Dec 28 2006, 05:52 PM
Post #11

Huge HP Fan

good against evil, doing the right thing and sticking to what you know is right

Oh the tragic battle of "good" vs. "evil" but even better would be the conflict of discovering what is "good" and what is "evil"... oh but it's a good book!

+Quote Post
one_too_many_bro...
post Dec 29 2006, 11:29 PM
Post #12

Average HP Fan

Member No.: 5,880

Well i got the book a long time before it was popular to this extent when it was just realeased and straight away i was obsessed getting Eldest the first day it came out i loved both books making me a little dissapointed in the movie. I tried o get my friends onto it but she was bored eventually i told her i was reading an exert from the 7th harry book and read her Eragon the prologue and first chapter she loved it so i told her it was actually Ergon since she loves it and she is the biggest fan and says she was the first person in out friend group to love it much to her disgrace and my humour my friends corect her. but anyway I love the plots and the twist Paloni is a great writer his characters are so believeable. Sometimes I wish i was there (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

+Quote Post
Mathias_thechose...
post Dec 30 2006, 12:14 PM
Post #13

Average HP Fan

Yeah, I too was one of the first, too snatch the first book up before, in my town, before the hysteria, started. when I went into our only barnes and noble, in the whole city, I picked up the book, and the clerk that was serving me, said he'd been there since the store opened, that morning at 8:00, and he said to me, "Man, your only the 2nd person to come and buy this book, I guess were gunna have alot lef t over to stock and stuff...." that was kind of paraphrased, but yeha I was definately surprised that I was only the second one, since I had bought the book at about 12:40, a few short hours since the store opened, then I ended up getting the special edition copy, for christmas....it was great... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dragon.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/gandalf.gif)

This post has been edited by Mathias_thechosenone2010: Dec 30 2006, 12:14 PM

+Quote Post
Nina79
post Dec 30 2006, 06:56 PM
Post #14

Hugest HP Fan

Member No.: 4

Oh, I'll have to check it out then. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) Don't know the Swedish titles of the books though!

+Quote Post
1HPgirl
post Dec 30 2006, 07:15 PM
Post #15

Average HP Fan

Member No.: 5,435

QUOTE(murtagh_sbk @ Dec 28 2006, 03:34 PM) [snapback]119982[/snapback]
eragon is almost better than hp i say

I just almost fainted. I can't believe you just said that...LOL...I admit Eragon is pretty awesome but better then Harry Potter? Never. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

+Quote Post
murtagh_sbk
post Dec 30 2006, 08:11 PM
Post #16

Newbie HP Fan

Eragon is better than the first three Harry potter books Eldest is better than the fourth and as good as the fith and Thehalf blood prince i didnt think much of it(No offense to those who like Harry potter alout). But the third inheritance book will be equal or better than the seventh Harry potter book. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dragon.gif)

+Quote Post
baty4potter
post Dec 30 2006, 08:34 PM
Post #17

Greatest HP Fan That Ever Lived

Member No.: 2

QUOTE(murtagh_sbk @ Dec 30 2006, 09:11 PM) [snapback]120289[/snapback]
Eragon is better than the first three Harry potter books Eldest is better than the fourth and as good as the fith and Thehalf blood prince i didnt think much of it(No offense to those who like Harry potter alout). But the third inheritance book will be equal or better than the seventh Harry potter book. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dragon.gif)

Faints over dead!!! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/yikes.gif) I'm going to tell on you! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif)

+Quote Post
Dijares
post Dec 30 2006, 09:51 PM
Post #18

Administrator

QUOTE(baty4potter @ Dec 30 2006, 08:34 PM) [snapback]120293[/snapback]
Faints over dead!!! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/yikes.gif) I'm going to tell on you! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif)

oooooohhhh, he's in trouble....... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/darkside.gif)

Well, I think they're good, as the detail is very good (in fact the detail is nearly better than HP), but the story of HP just can't be beat. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/hogwarts.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dragon.gif)

+Quote Post
Dijares
post Dec 30 2006, 09:53 PM
Post #19

Administrator

QUOTE(Nina79 @ Dec 30 2006, 06:56 PM) [snapback]120284[/snapback]
Oh, I'll have to check it out then. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) Don't know the Swedish titles of the books though!

Nina, here is a copy of the swedish cover for the 1st book, simply called Eragon. Eragon is the name of the main character, so I don't really see that name being changed.

(IMG:http://www.shurtugal.com/galleries/albums/userpics/10001/eragon-sweden.jpg)

The second book cover (called Eldest in English) you can see here:

(IMG:http://media.shurtugal.com/2005/december/11/swedish-big.jpg)

+Quote Post
baty4potter
post Dec 30 2006, 10:29 PM
Post #20

Greatest HP Fan That Ever Lived

Member No.: 2

QUOTE(Dijares @ Dec 30 2006, 10:51 PM) [snapback]120298[/snapback]
oooooohhhh, he's in trouble....... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/darkside.gif)

Well, I think they're good, as the detail is very good (in fact the detail is nearly better than HP), but the story of HP just can't be beat. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/hogwarts.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dragon.gif)

Passes out at even the thought!!! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/yikes.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/ph34r.gif)

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 1st November 2014 - 06:40 am