IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

This translator is for your use, but if you use it, please realize that you must reply to messages in English. Thanks and enjoy!
2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Discuss the second book - Eldest, Discuss the 2nd book of the Inheritance trilogy here
Dijares
post Dec 26 2006, 10:30 AM
Post #1

Administrator

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

Here is where you can discuss the second book in the Inheritance trilogy - Eldest.

IMHO I felt that Chris Paolini's writing truly matured. You can tell that he had matured much more during this book. It was excellent and kept me breathless, especially at the end.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Mathias_thechose...
post Dec 26 2006, 11:12 AM
Post #2

Average HP Fan

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,063

IMHO I felt that Chris Paolini's writing truly matured. You can tell that he had matured much more during this book. It was excellent and kept me breathless, especially at the end.

I thought so too, it made the second book much more better, then the first, though, for a author at such a young age to write a book of that intellectuality, i must definately give him props.... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dragon.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/gandalf.gif)

+Quote Post
murtagh_sbk
post Dec 26 2006, 12:29 PM
Post #3

Newbie HP Fan

Member No.: 6,114

eldest was way better than eragon and i hope they make the movie of eldest with more definition..

+Quote Post
Mathias_thechose...
post Dec 27 2006, 09:53 AM
Post #4

Average HP Fan

Exactly, I think they should go out on a limb here, and keep it mostly like the book...

+Quote Post
Dijares
post Dec 27 2006, 01:18 PM
Post #5

Administrator

From what I've seen, Paolini hasn't given Fox permission to make the 2nd movie yet. I guess he's waiting to see how the 1st movie does.

If I were him, I'd be demanding a better director and screenwriter. If they make it, they're going to have a lot to make up for from what was missing in the first in order to get on track again for the 2nd.

+Quote Post
riddlemethis326
post Dec 27 2006, 10:58 PM
Post #6

Huge HP Fan

Member No.: 4,784

I agree about the movie... it wasn't that great and they need a new director, but I have to disagree about the other: I really don't think Eldest was as good as Eragon. Eragon seemed truly authentic in his writing and Eldest seemed... well fake to me and he rushed parts that should have been prolonged and prolonged parts that should have been rushed. Plus, Eragon seemed weak to me. He needs to buck up if he's ever going to defeat the glory of hi brother; Murtagh the Dark Rider. But don't get me wrong, I love both the books! They're so great, especially considering Paolini is so young.

+Quote Post
Dijares
post Dec 28 2006, 08:53 AM
Post #7

Administrator

QUOTE(riddlemethis326 @ Dec 27 2006, 10:58 PM) [snapback]119874[/snapback]
I agree about the movie... it wasn't that great and they need a new director, but I have to disagree about the other: I really don't think Eldest was as good as Eragon. Eragon seemed truly authentic in his writing and Eldest seemed... well fake to me and he rushed parts that should have been prolonged and prolonged parts that should have been rushed. Plus, Eragon seemed weak to me. He needs to buck up if he's ever going to defeat the glory of hi brother; Murtagh the Dark Rider. But don't get me wrong, I love both the books! They're so great, especially considering Paolini is so young.

I agree that Eragon was weak. I think that had a lot to do with that cursed scar that is thankfully gone now. The 2nd book showed that Eragon had learned, but it showed he has a long way to go.

+Quote Post
Mathias_thechose...
post Dec 28 2006, 11:00 AM
Post #8

Average HP Fan

I too, agree that he was weak, that's about the only thing though, with you (please spell out your words) riddlemethis, otherwise I'm totally with Dij, I also beleive that, parts of the eldest book were kind of prolonged and rushed, but, shouldnt have been, myself. for example, when Murtaugh became the " Dark Rider," so riddle calls it. It happened just way to fast, just like anakin's turn to the dark side of the force, haha, sorry had to say that (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) , it should have been slower, more menacing, and menacing, as the 2nd installment unfolded. then at the end of the first, oh I'd say, 2-3 chapters, release Murtaugh into full darkness... Though that's just from my stand point? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dragon.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/gandalf.gif)

This post has been edited by Dijares: Dec 29 2006, 11:58 AM

+Quote Post
riddlemethis326
post Dec 28 2006, 12:09 PM
Post #9

Huge HP Fan

It happened just way to fast, just like anakin's turn to the dark side of the force, haha, sorry had to say that , it should have been slower, more menacing, and menacing, as the 2nd installment unfolded. then at the end of the first, oh I'd say, 2-3 chapters, release Murtaugh into full darkness...

Oh yes... I totally agree. My opinion (of Eragon being better than Eldest... to put it blandly) might be so biased because I haven't read Eldest in so long and I've read Eragon a lot more and a lot more recently. But I'll be recieving Eldest by mail in a matter of days... or weeks (with a blizard coming it might be longer), so I'll see if my opinion changes.
I deffinatly think it was hard to get the feel of his transformation just like with Anakin and I think that is a good comparison, too!

This post has been edited by riddlemethis326: Dec 28 2006, 12:10 PM

+Quote Post
murtagh_sbk
post Dec 30 2006, 12:46 PM
Post #10

Newbie HP Fan

QUOTE(riddlemethis326 @ Dec 27 2006, 10:58 PM) [snapback]119874[/snapback]

Eragon was tired when they fought though

+Quote Post
one_too_many_bro...
post Dec 30 2006, 04:35 PM
Post #11

Average HP Fan

Member No.: 5,880

RMT it sounds as though you see Murtagh as an amazing rider i see him as the opposite Eragon faught a whole war with many less troops so it took him more effort than Murtagh who entered the battle at th last minute Eragon was weakened and Murtagh was at full power in my opinon he draws strength from the vault of souls. I really liked Eldest i saw it as well written but at times i found it a bit confusing constantly jumping between Roran and Eragon i was like WHOA HANG ON WHOS THAT

+Quote Post
murtagh_sbk
post Dec 30 2006, 08:14 PM
Post #12

Newbie HP Fan

Who me? Im saying Eragons a better swordsman while Murtagh learned stuff Eragon didnt about magic and became better with magic. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dragon.gif)

+Quote Post
Mathias_thechose...
post Dec 31 2006, 01:30 PM
Post #13

Average HP Fan

I deffinatly think it was hard to get the feel of his transformation just like with Anakin and I think that is a good comparison, too!
Why thank you good sir, haha I'm a huuuuuggggeee star wars buff, same with LOTR, and HP, pretty much all things fantasy, so I figured that little simile would be appropriate, haha

RMT it sounds as though you see Murtagh as an amazing rider i see him as the opposite Eragon faught a whole war with many less troops so it took him more effort than Murtagh who entered the battle at th last minute Eragon was weakened and Murtagh was at full power in my opinon he draws strength from the vault of souls. I really liked Eldest i saw it as well written but at times i found it a bit confusing constantly jumping between Roran and Eragon i was like WHOA HANG ON WHOS THAT

You forget though, Eragon has much better and much more intensive training, though Murtaugh did come into the scene a bit late, he's not as experienced as Eragon, even though, he has been trained since he was young.... He doesn't have as much magical training, Eragon, is the chosen one of the story, probably giving him some sort of prophicied powers, or something.... I always say it like this, If Murtaugh would have had the same training, and if everything that has happened to Eragon, had happened to Murtaugh, then I'm almost possitive Murtaugh, would be the better fighter hands down, so putting all those thigns into effect, I'd say their about equal, seeing as that, Murtaugh is poorly trained, and Eragon, is almost overly trained for his age....Though I do agree about the jumping back and forth with the Roran, and Eragon thing, I was like Woa! how did we get back into Carvahall, we were just at the Blood Oath Festival! haha...SLOW DOWN name removed! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dragon.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/gandalf.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif)

This post has been edited by Dijares: Dec 31 2006, 07:39 PM

+Quote Post
murtagh_sbk
post Jan 1 2007, 10:11 AM
Post #14

Newbie HP Fan

Yah i was listening to the tape and i noticed no one is mentioning the dwarves who play a big part in Eldest .

This post has been edited by murtagh_sbk: Jan 1 2007, 05:17 PM

+Quote Post
Nina79
post Feb 27 2007, 05:37 PM
Post #15

Hugest HP Fan

Member No.: 4

I bought the first two books today on the annual book-sale. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) Going to start reading them soon, and if I like them, I will buy the English versions later on as well. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

+Quote Post
riddlemethis326
post Mar 8 2007, 10:06 PM
Post #16

Huge HP Fan

Eragon faught a whole war with many less troops so it took him more effort than Murtagh who entered the battle at th last minute Eragon was weakened and Murtagh was at full power

Even so, Eragon was amazed at how quickly Murtagh could heal is dragon and how it didn't draw on his strength like it would have if Eragon had been at full power. And this is saying a lot considering that Eragon has been a dragon rider for at least twice as long as Murtagh has. It's only because Murtagh has a much better mentor than Eragon ever has (at least as far as the secrets of magic are concerned). But unless Eragon learns how to match these, he's pretty much doomed...

+Quote Post
one_too_many_bro...
post Mar 10 2007, 12:34 AM
Post #17

Average HP Fan

okay opinons here? you know the vault of souls?
i;m thinking thats where Murtagh is drawing strength from

+Quote Post
riddlemethis326
post Mar 10 2007, 09:52 AM
Post #18

Huge HP Fan

That would make sense... if I remembered, but I have a slight memory problem when it comes to Eldest. What is it, exactly? I vaugly do remember and I think it would work. Otherwise I think Murtagh is drawing on the strength of others, but your theory sounds more likely... so what is the vault of souls?

+Quote Post
one_too_many_bro...
post Mar 12 2007, 02:34 AM
Post #19

Average HP Fan

no one knows solembum said it to eragon

+Quote Post
riddlemethis326
post Mar 12 2007, 12:02 PM
Post #20

Huge HP Fan

That would be why I didn't remember what it was! Haha! If Solembum said it it's bound to mean something more profound. I think you're right... I bet that's where Murtagh and Galbatorix get their strength.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2014 - 07:04 am