IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

This translator is for your use, but if you use it, please realize that you must reply to messages in English. Thanks and enjoy!

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Aberforth Dumbledore, Revelation on IMDB
Witherwings
post Apr 15 2007, 04:12 PM
Post #1

Big HP Fan

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,166

On Internet Movie Database (IMDB.com) you can peruse characters from Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix. They put Aberforth Dumbledore as a character with a noted actor playing the role. I think this is really significant, perhaps showing that DD's brother was the barman, and perhaps telling us he will play a big role in the last book. Just thought I should share this. We have found a new character who'll enter the seventh book along with Regulus Black (RAB).
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Perseus_Evans
post Apr 16 2007, 11:20 AM
Post #2

Big HP Fan

Member No.: 704

Jim McManus...

He's one of those character actors who's been around the block, so Aberforth's significance is probably pretty big. I agree (go figure)

I think he may end up the DADA teacher, based on a JKR comment that the new DADA teacher will be someone we haven't properly met, whatever that means.

+Quote Post
Witherwings
post Apr 16 2007, 02:56 PM
Post #3

Big HP Fan

QUOTE(Perseus_Evans @ Apr 16 2007, 01:20 PM) [snapback]125235[/snapback]
Jim McManus...

He's one of those character actors who's been around the block, so Aberforth's significance is probably pretty big. I agree (go figure)

I think he may end up the DADA teacher, based on a JKR comment that the new DADA teacher will be someone we haven't properly met, whatever that means.

The only question I have is whether or not he will be central, or if the screen writer, in writing the screen play, chose to put Aberforth as the barman because of his own interpretation of the text. I imagine Rowling has given some clues to the screenwriter, buy one never knows. I am hoping that Aberforth is, in fact, the barman because that would help Harry out a great deal.

+Quote Post
Perseus_Evans
post Apr 16 2007, 03:16 PM
Post #4

Big HP Fan

Member No.: 704

The general consensus has been that Aberforth is the barman, and that he was also the one who got the locket from Mundungus in HBP. He was at DD's funeral as well, so he may be of significance.

There is also a good likelihood that it was him who threw Snape out of the Hog's Head after he overheard the prophecy, though I'm not sure anyone has confirmed it.

Also, when DD was visited by Voldy at Hogwarts, he mentioned that the reason he knew of the Death eaters presence at the Hog's Head, was because he was "friendly with the local barmen"... rather than being "omniscient".

I think we've had enough moments of significance around him to conclude that we'll finally get to meet him properly in book 7.

Certainly we know that Steve Kloves has always collaborated closely with JKR to make sure he includes all the necessary plot points in his crafting of the movie's screenplays, so the fact that his character was not cut is proof of his relative importance. This is especially true when you consider how much they had to cut out of OotP to bring it to movie length. Though I do recall that Steve sat out OotP for some reason... Maybe the task of cutting it down was too daunting and he didn't want to take the blame... lol

And here's an unrelated bit... HOGwartS HEADmaster was Albus Dumbldore... Does that make Aberforth Dumbledore the HOG'S HEAD wart master? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

This post has been edited by Perseus_Evans: Apr 16 2007, 03:20 PM

+Quote Post
Witherwings
post Apr 17 2007, 06:17 PM
Post #5

Big HP Fan

QUOTE(Perseus_Evans @ Apr 16 2007, 05:16 PM) [snapback]125241[/snapback]
Certainly we know that Steve Kloves has always collaborated closely with JKR to make sure he includes all the necessary plot points in his crafting of the movie's screenplays, so the fact that his character was not cut is proof of his relative importance. This is especially true when you consider how much they had to cut out of OotP to bring it to movie length. Though I do recall that Steve sat out OotP for some reason... Maybe the task of cutting it down was too daunting and he didn't want to take the blame... lol

I wish she had more input into the last two films though - they dropped plot for special effects (wasting 10-15 good minutes on a bus ride that wasn't all that long and destroying the maze in the last film - if they could create hippogriffs and centaurs, why couldn't they create a sphinx?). I'm dreading to see what they did to book five, though if they keep most of the Umbridge scenes along with the end battle, it should be good.

Anyway, that being said, I read quotes from some of the people working on sets and stuff for the sixth book and they said that Rowling hasn't given out any real information and that they have to wait til the last book comes out on the 21st like everyone else.

+Quote Post
Dijares
post Apr 19 2007, 06:57 AM
Post #6

Administrator

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

QUOTE(Witherwings @ Apr 17 2007, 06:17 PM) [snapback]125331[/snapback]
I wish she had more input into the last two films though - they dropped plot for special effects (wasting 10-15 good minutes on a bus ride that wasn't all that long and destroying the maze in the last film - if they could create hippogriffs and centaurs, why couldn't they create a sphinx?). I'm dreading to see what they did to book five, though if they keep most of the Umbridge scenes along with the end battle, it should be good.

Anyway, that being said, I read quotes from some of the people working on sets and stuff for the sixth book and they said that Rowling hasn't given out any real information and that they have to wait til the last book comes out on the 21st like everyone else.

I haven't heard this, and I find it a little hard to believe. I mean, the artists and publishers already have the book. I don't see that why, if Kloves is ready for it, he can't have it in order to start on the screen play. Really, it takes him like a year to do this. It's the reason, in my opinion, that the filming is being delayed. I mean, usually they're writing the screenplay for the next film while the current one has started filming.

+Quote Post
Witherwings
post Apr 19 2007, 04:57 PM
Post #7

Big HP Fan

QUOTE(Dijares @ Apr 19 2007, 08:57 AM) [snapback]125400[/snapback]
I haven't heard this, and I find it a little hard to believe. I mean, the artists and publishers already have the book. I don't see that why, if Kloves is ready for it, he can't have it in order to start on the screen play. Really, it takes him like a year to do this. It's the reason, in my opinion, that the filming is being delayed. I mean, usually they're writing the screenplay for the next film while the current one has started filming.

Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince has a release date of November 21, 2008 I believe. Warner Brothers already cast the date. But then, there's not really too much to screen as they had with GoF and OotP.

"Craig is now designing sets for the sixth film, "Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince," including the astronomy tower where a beloved character will plummet to his death. "It has to be impressive and beautiful and poignant," Craig says. "So I'm looking forward to doing that." He's also anxious to get his hands on J. K. Rowling's seventh, and final, book in the series, "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows," due in stores July 21, one week after "Phoenix" hits screens. "I can't wait," he says. "We need to know which sets to retain for the last film." Not that he'll get an early peek. "I never have before," he says, and laughs. "I just have to go to the bookshop" like every other fan." - from http://www.veritaserum.com/index.php?a=s&L=10&cid=5

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2014 - 09:45 pm