IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

This translator is for your use, but if you use it, please realize that you must reply to messages in English. Thanks and enjoy!

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Allies in the battle, Who sides with the Order?
Witherwings
post Apr 16 2007, 04:11 PM
Post #1

Big HP Fan

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,166

We know which allies Voldemort has: Giants, Inferi, Werewolves, Dementors, Death Eaters

Who is on the side of the Order?: My guesses: Goblins (I think they'll ultimately side with the wizards as the wizards gave them power over their bank and respected their cleverness even if they looked at them as inferior), Centaurs (resentfully though), Merpeople, Freed House Elves (Obviously enslaved House Elves can't help)

Not certain about: Vampires - they have allies in the wizarding world, but are also feared by the wizarding world and muggles alike - I'm not sure where they would fall
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Fizzing_Whizzbee
post Apr 16 2007, 05:09 PM
Post #2

Average HP Fan

Member No.: 110

I am not so sure allies will be as important to the Order & Ministry as it is with the Death Eaters.

I'm not saying they wont be important, but what needs to be kept in mind is that Voldemort and the Death Eaters are only a very small group of people. Yes, all are very powerful in thier magic, but in the end it is only a small group of people at the core (around 20 or so). So they need the allies to fill their ranks and do the dirty work.

Even though the Ministry was slow to take their heads of out the sand, with Dumbledore's death, I think it wil lbe the straw that breaks the camel's back so to speak. You now have the combined efforts Order and the Ministry and even the few curageous/foolhardy witches and wizards on the street willing to help.

As for some of the races you pointed out, I think they will be involved, but will not side with anyone. I doubt anyone cares what the Merpeople do.

The goblins will remain neutral. They look out for their own interests and would flip flop so long as it meant their cofferes remained full.

The centaurs are good deep down, but they side with their own above all else. Aside from Dumbledore and Hagrid, anyone else who would set forth in their forests are fair game to attack despite their intentions. After all, look at what happened with Firenze.

I don't think there are enough freed house elves to really make much of a difference. They have tremendous power, but most are so timid their powers won't get used.

I don't think vampires will come into the equation to be honest. I think they are thrown into the story every now and again just for a little depth of the magical population.

I do however, think there will a very small number of giants that may help out in some limited capacity.

So, on the whole I don't think allies will play a huge role on the front lines. It will come down to an individual person or creature. Most likely Dobby, Peter/Wormtail, or Dobby sneaks in just long enough to create a distraction to let Harry win.

+Quote Post
baty4potter
post Apr 16 2007, 06:08 PM
Post #3

Greatest HP Fan That Ever Lived

Group: Admin
Member No.: 2

Ok, you talk about allies in battle, and we all know that there is probably going to be some kind of battle, but how big this battle is going to be remains to be seen. Keep in mind that there was a pretty good size battle going on in Hogwarts when Dumbledore was being killed, yet we didn't really see it all, we were just given a glimpse of it as Harry was running after Snape. And the allies were as expected.

Also, in OotP there was a battle, and that was actually quite involved, and we lost a very major character, but the allies weren't a surprise on either side.

So what I'm getting at is I think the allies on both sides are pretty set, I don't see too many surprises going on there. People getting killed could be like they were in HBP, and not this major thing where we see them dropping like flies, as a lot expect.

We need to keep in mind that Harry still has a mission to accomplish, and his and Voldemorts battle might be the only *major* thing going on, and that is assuming there is a battle between them. So I really don't see that being anything different then what we have already established.

So if there are new allies, is there really enough time and space to define all the allies on both sides? I don't think so.

+Quote Post
Witherwings
post Apr 16 2007, 06:16 PM
Post #4

Big HP Fan

QUOTE(baty4potter @ Apr 16 2007, 08:08 PM) [snapback]125253[/snapback]
Ok, you talk about allies in battle, and we all know that there is probably going to be some kind of battle, but how big this battle is going to be remains to be seen. Keep in mind that there was a pretty good size battle going on in Hogwarts when Dumbledore was being killed, yet we didn't really see it all, we were just given a glimpse of it as Harry was running after Snape. And the allies were as expected.

Something tells me that the battle will be quite large and significant at the end of the book - I don't think it will just be Harry fighting LV alone, nor do I think it a small battle of a few people - I have a hunch that the final battle will be quite large, though there will be a concentration on Harry vs. LV definitely.

+Quote Post
Fizzing_Whizzbee
post Apr 16 2007, 06:19 PM
Post #5

Average HP Fan

Member No.: 110

Amen Baty. Thats kind of where I was going with things, although I was much more long winded and round about in getting to the point.

Basically the allies are there as shock troops for the most part (for all the little things mentioned in the first chapter of "Prince"). The main fights are between Death Eaters and the Order alnog with a few Ministry folk.

The front line is Harry and Voldy and all we really need to worry about.

+Quote Post
Witherwings
post Apr 17 2007, 06:02 PM
Post #6

Big HP Fan

QUOTE(Fizzing_Whizzbee @ Apr 16 2007, 08:19 PM) [snapback]125259[/snapback]
The front line is Harry and Voldy and all we really need to worry about.

I would like to see what happened to S.P.E.W. though - did the movement just die?

+Quote Post
baty4potter
post Apr 18 2007, 06:02 AM
Post #7

Greatest HP Fan That Ever Lived

Member No.: 2

QUOTE(Witherwings @ Apr 17 2007, 06:02 PM) [snapback]125324[/snapback]
I would like to see what happened to S.P.E.W. though - did the movement just die?

I'm hoping that is something that JK doesn't waste time on explaining. There are other more important things I'd like to see answered. S.P.E.W. was a Hermione thing, and I don't see and importance in it.

+Quote Post
Dijares
post Apr 19 2007, 06:47 AM
Post #8

Administrator

Member No.: 1

QUOTE(Witherwings @ Apr 17 2007, 06:02 PM) [snapback]125324[/snapback]

In an interview, Jo said that the S.P.E.W. thing was a way to show that Hermione was battling something that she couldn't really take on. Something that Hermione felt like she could do, but she didn't get the support she thought she would. It was a way to show one of Hermione's weaknesses.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th September 2014 - 06:54 pm