IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

This translator is for your use, but if you use it, please realize that you must reply to messages in English. Thanks and enjoy!

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> John Williams, Composer
Zola231
post May 16 2007, 06:07 AM
Post #1

Hugest HP Fan

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,324

Does anybody know why he has not composed OOTP. Won't the music sound different with him gone and the movie's soundtrack will be done by Nicholas Hooper now. Personally i think the music wont be as original anymore. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif) . When John Williams was doing the composing he got nominated fot 2 Oscars (Academy Awards) for the best original soundtrack.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Nina79
post May 16 2007, 07:01 AM
Post #2

Hugest HP Fan

Member No.: 4

He will compose one song in the soundtrack. It's Hedwig's Theme. You can read about it here. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

+Quote Post
Zola231
post May 16 2007, 12:30 PM
Post #3

Hugest HP Fan

Member No.: 5,324

Oh Okay thank you Nina. He is such a brillaint composer, beautiful music. Nicholas Hooper might get an Oscar Nomination for the soundtrack for the OOTP movie.

+Quote Post
Stacey.R
post May 16 2007, 12:36 PM
Post #4

Member No.: 6,355

no idea

+Quote Post
Nina79
post May 16 2007, 05:18 PM
Post #5

Hugest HP Fan

Member No.: 4

QUOTE(Zola231 @ May 16 2007, 07:30 PM) [snapback]126336[/snapback]
Oh Okay thank you Nina. He is such a brillaint composer, beautiful music. Nicholas Hooper might get an Oscar Nomination for the soundtrack for the OOTP movie.

You're welcome. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) The music that is playing in the latest trailer is really good, so I hope it will be on the soundtrack, and also in the movie. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

+Quote Post
crmhpfan
post May 30 2007, 05:56 AM
Post #6

Huge HP Fan

Group: News Posters
Member No.: 4,800

I too was dissapointed that John Williams was first not to do the GOF music, and then not the rest of the films. I have listened to the soundtracks countless times and I think the GOF music lacked some 'oomph'. However, I think the music in the trailers is really good and fingers crossed that Hooper provides a great show for us. I have to say though, because I've just recently acquired broadband, I've finally been able to visit the OOTP site, and the music is absoloutely brilliant! Lol I'm actually listening to it now!!! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

The music that is playing in the latest trailer is really good,
That's what I thought too, so what I did was inport the trailer into iDvd, then export the sound into a wav file, put it into itunes, and then on my iPod, and I've been listening to it ever since.

+Quote Post
srivathsan
post Jun 2 2007, 08:59 AM
Post #7

Hugest HP Fan

Member No.: 39

I'm about 90% sure that the music in the trailer won't be part of the soundtrack. There are people who write music solely for trailers and provide them to verious movie-makers to use in the trailers of their films. Almost all trailer music is obtained this way. The rest are either taken from soundtracks of some earlier movies, or the soundtrack of the movie(that is being advertised) itself, which is very rare though.
But the music on the official sites is definitely from the soundtracks and I love it! It seems to have that 'magic' in it. But maybe I should just wait for the soundtrack to get released before I judge it.

+Quote Post
crmhpfan
post Jun 3 2007, 09:36 PM
Post #8

Huge HP Fan

QUOTE(srivathsan @ Jun 3 2007, 12:29 AM) [snapback]127351[/snapback]
I'm about 90% sure that the music in the trailer won't be part of the soundtrack. There are people who write music solely for trailers and provide them to verious movie-makers to use in the trailers of their films.

I think that's right, because I think the Spider-Man 3 trailer has the same music as the first OOTP trailer.

+Quote Post
dobbyman
post Jul 8 2007, 02:06 PM
Post #9

Member No.: 1,589

The third film BY FAR had the best score! It's so beautiful... parts were almost, uh, renaissancy... if you get my meaning (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

From what I heard of Hooper's score sounds brilliant though! I think the score will have a greater impact on this film, like it did with the third. I'm a big movie score buff! It's really important to me in a film.... a bad score and you're kind of screwed.

+Quote Post
crmhpfan
post Jul 8 2007, 06:50 PM
Post #10

Huge HP Fan

QUOTE(dobbyman @ Jul 9 2007, 05:36 AM) [snapback]130609[/snapback]
The third film BY FAR had the best score! It's so beautiful... parts were almost, uh, renaissancy... if you get my meaning (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

I agree with that. I've got all the HP Movie Soundtracks, and I have definetley listened to POA the most, and one song, A Winow to the Past, the play count on iTunes was 63 or something!!!

+Quote Post
You-Know-Poo
post Jul 9 2007, 01:52 AM
Post #11

Average HP Fan

Member No.: 5,310

QUOTE(crmhpfan @ Jul 8 2007, 04:50 PM) [snapback]130706[/snapback]
I agree with that. I've got all the HP Movie Soundtracks, and I have definetley listened to POA the most, and one song, A Winow to the Past, the play count on iTunes was 63 or something!!!

That's is one of my favorite songs on the four, soon to be five soundtracks

+Quote Post
Hermione@13
post Jul 9 2007, 07:11 PM
Post #12

Huge HP Fan

Member No.: 3,572

Okay, I'm assuming but from what I heard I'm pretty sure that his music totally captures what's happening in the movie. You could totally give good guesses on the scenes in the movie from the soundtrack.

+Quote Post
Potterfreak92
post Jul 12 2007, 04:39 PM
Post #13

Big HP Fan

Member No.: 3,849

I thought not having John Williams was a little sad, but the music was AWESOME! I so want the soundtrack!

+Quote Post
WickedWitchOfThe...
post Jul 12 2007, 07:07 PM
Post #14

Greatest HP Fan That Ever Lived

Group: Guests
Member No.: 3

I listened to it myself today, twice. The whole thing is streaming online. Now, I can't say that I've listened to the others before on their own, but I can say that I really enjoyed the music on this one. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

+Quote Post
Hermione@13
post Jul 12 2007, 07:16 PM
Post #15

Huge HP Fan

Yes, it's very action-packed. Hmmm...he does seem to be a good composer because you don't really get the usual old-school classical feel on these tracks.

+Quote Post
baty4potter
post Jul 13 2007, 05:40 AM
Post #16

Group: Admin
Member No.: 2

QUOTE(Hermione@12 @ Jul 12 2007, 08:16 PM) [snapback]131226[/snapback]
Yes, it's very action-packed. Hmmm...he does seem to be a good composer because you don't really get the usual old-school classical feel on these tracks.

LOL, and what is the usual *old-school* classical feel?

+Quote Post
Hermione@13
post Jul 13 2007, 06:37 PM
Post #17

Huge HP Fan

Well, sort of like your in Music class studying composers like Bach and Beethoven! LOL! Don't get me wrong, they're great in their time.

+Quote Post
WickedWitchOfThe...
post Jul 13 2007, 06:39 PM
Post #18

Group: Guests
Member No.: 3

Don't get me wrong, they're great in their time.

They're still great! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th August 2014 - 07:28 am