IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

This translator is for your use, but if you use it, please realize that you must reply to messages in English. Thanks and enjoy!
2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Intials, The End of Slughorn
You-Know-Poo
post Jun 16 2007, 05:31 PM
Post #1

Average HP Fan

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,310

The heads of houses all have same letter intials, for example, Minerva McGonagall, Severus Snape and so on...
Their house founders followed the same pattern as well Helga Hufflepuff, Godric Gryffindor, ...

Horace Slughorn however, doesn't follow that pattern. So I suspect he won't be a house head much longer. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/unsure.gif)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Fizzing_Whizzbee
post Jun 16 2007, 06:30 PM
Post #2

Average HP Fan

Member No.: 110

Actually, Pomona Sprout, the head of Hufflepuff doesn't follow the pattern either.

Neither did Dumbledore when he was head of Gryffindor back in the day.

+Quote Post
the_prisoner_of_...
post Jun 16 2007, 08:48 PM
Post #3

Huge HP Fan

Member No.: 5,046

Filius Flitwick did though. I wonder if there is anything to the initials still, or are we just reading too much into it now? Personally, I think we're reading a little too much into it.

+Quote Post
You-Know-Poo
post Jun 17 2007, 01:05 AM
Post #4

Average HP Fan

I could have sworn that Sprout's first name was something that started with an S...
Besides Sprout though, just about every Head of House follows that pattern.

AND Dumbledore could be considered in his own category.

Albus Dumbledore
Armando Dippet

AD

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/idea.gif) What if that suggests one of the students that will teach later in life (JKR said in an interview) is
Padma Patil
Colin Creevey
Pansy Parkinson

+Quote Post
the_prisoner_of_...
post Jun 17 2007, 02:00 AM
Post #5

Huge HP Fan

Pansy Parkinson teaching? *gasp* I guess JK said it would be someone we didn't expect.

+Quote Post
WickedWitchOfThe...
post Jun 17 2007, 12:06 PM
Post #6

Greatest HP Fan That Ever Lived

Group: Guests
Member No.: 3

Yes, Professor Sprout's first name is Pomona. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

The interview you are thinking of is this one:

(From a caller named Kathleen)
Hi, how are you? Thank you so much for taking our call. Iím actually calling from my classroom right now ---- itís a sixth grade class. This is a special treat.
Hi everyone
Anyway, itís very exciting. We just love Harry Potter. Weíre curious ---- well first of all we canít wait for Books 4, 5, 6 and 7. But after that, weíre curious as to whether Harry is going to have a life after Hogwarts, or if maybe, Harry might be a Hogwarts teacher.
Well, because all your kids said Ďhelloí so nicely in the background there, I am going to give you information I havenít given anyone else and I will tell you that one of the characters, one of Harryís classmates, though itís not Harry himself, does end up a teacher at Hogwarts. But, it is not, maybe the one you think, hint, hint, hint. Yeah, one of them does end up staying at Hogwarts, but ----
Do the kids want to guess at it, Kathleen?
Do you guys have a guess as to who it is?
(Kids shouting in background) Ron
They say Ron.
No, itís not Ron. I canít see Ron as a teacher. No way.

But personally, I believe it will be Neville. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

+Quote Post
the_prisoner_of_...
post Jun 18 2007, 01:53 AM
Post #7

Huge HP Fan

Yea same here (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) I'm hopeing for it too (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

+Quote Post
Nossist
post Jun 18 2007, 05:59 AM
Post #8

HP Fan

Member No.: 6,102

yeah but isnt Neville a bit too predictable? I mean there isnt a lot he can do outside of school because of his low grades. It would be obvious him being a herbology teacher maybe prof. Sprout would be one to die, but you see that is way too predictable thats like one of the most predictable guesses that can be made.
I was thinking Prof. Trewlaney could be murdered due to her knowledge (EDIT: of the prophecy, not knowledge in general she isnt THAT smart) and Parvati or Lavender could take her spot.

This post has been edited by Nossist: Jun 18 2007, 06:00 AM

+Quote Post
baty4potter
post Jun 18 2007, 08:38 AM
Post #9

Group: Admin
Member No.: 2

I don't think Neville is too predictable, if anything since he is becoming more powerful, I think he is less predictable. And Yes, I believe he is becoming more powerful.

I also think it will be Neville who will teach at Hogwarts.

+Quote Post
WickedWitchOfThe...
post Jun 18 2007, 08:50 AM
Post #10

Group: Guests
Member No.: 3

QUOTE(Nossist @ Jun 18 2007, 05:59 AM) [snapback]128I don't think so[/snapback]
yeah but isnt Neville a bit too predictable? I mean there isnt a lot he can do outside of school because of his low grades. It would be obvious him being a herbology teacher maybe prof. Sprout would be one to die, but you see that is way too predictable thats like one of the most predictable guesses that can be made.
I was thinking Prof. Trewlaney could be murdered due to her knowledge (EDIT: of the prophecy, not knowledge in general she isnt THAT smart) and Parvati or Lavender could take her spot.

Considering she was talking to a sixth grade class, I don't find Neville to be too predictable at all. Rather, I think Hermione is the most predictable one of all. With her smarts it seems almost natural for her to go on with a teaching career. Though I do really like your idea of Parvati or Lavender moving on with Divination. Though, do they really have the gift? Trelawney said they do, and though she has the gift, she has no idea about it (though she thinks she does), if you catch my drift. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

+Quote Post
Hermione@13
post Jun 18 2007, 08:32 PM
Post #11

Huge HP Fan

Member No.: 3,572

Well, actually, it sort of fits because if Pomona was to stop teaching for whatever reason - just by going on the evidence that her initials don't add up - I would say that it would be Neville because he is the best at Herbology that we know, but his name doesn't fit with the initial thing either. It's possible that he marries and goes under his wife's surname, but somehow I don't find that likely.

+Quote Post
You-Know-Poo
post Jun 18 2007, 10:40 PM
Post #12

Average HP Fan

QUOTE(Hermione@12 @ Jun 18 2007, 06:32 PM) [snapback]128695[/snapback]
Well, actually, it sort of fits because if Pomona was to stop teaching for whatever reason - just by going on the evidence that her initials don't add up - I would say that it would be Neville because he is the best at Herbology that we know, but his name doesn't fit with the initial thing either. It's possible that he marries and goes under his wife's surname, but somehow I don't find that likely.

Actually, that could be very possible,

In an interview, JKR was asked, "Do professors have spouses?" JKR said that yes and that, that would be revealed why we don't hear from them later

+Quote Post
baty4potter
post Jun 19 2007, 06:05 AM
Post #13

QUOTE(Hermione@12 @ Jun 18 2007, 09:32 PM) [snapback]128695[/snapback]

I find that very far fetched, and can't see JK going in that direction; it's not her style of writing.

+Quote Post
Hermione@13
post Jun 19 2007, 07:15 PM
Post #14

Huge HP Fan

Exactly why I don't believe in it myself! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) A lot of the theories I make up I don't believe in, but I tell other people about them! Anyway, I'm pretty sure that Sprout will retire, but maybe will be replaced by Pansy Parkinson, Padma Patil, etc.(i can't think of a good student that would fit in)

Oh yeah, and by the time that time comes then I think that Minerva wil retire because she seems like the only old one and maybe Pansy will be HoH and one of the other matching initials wil be Hufflepuff's HoH. (not very well thought out, but you get the idea)

+Quote Post
You-Know-Poo
post Jun 19 2007, 08:04 PM
Post #15

Average HP Fan

Another student could be Gregory Goyle

Or Cho Chang
She never said it couldn't be an older student

+Quote Post
Nossist
post Jun 20 2007, 05:13 AM
Post #16

HP Fan

Member No.: 6,102

As much as I would like it to be Neville who becomes a teacher I think its very predictable, I mean i think Parvati or Lavender are much less predictable and it would fit in with the story, nothing in the story suggests that Prof. Sprout is going to leave or is going to be murdered (maybe this is why its not predictable). But as I think about it when I read the interview, one of the first people I thought of becoming a teacher was Neville. Then again nobody would really care whether Parvati or Lavender become teacher and everyone would want to see neville become one, then again if prof. trewlaney leaves students still have Firenze...

+Quote Post
You-Know-Poo
post Jun 27 2007, 10:24 PM
Post #17

Average HP Fan

It could also be Luna Lovegood
She is also some one who's least expected

+Quote Post
mischief managed
post Jun 30 2007, 02:08 AM
Post #18

Newbie HP Fan

Member No.: 5,143

I have always wondere why JKR has had the first and last names of many people starting with the same letter. I believe it is hardly a coincidence, as JK always thinks out what she is doing. She never merely puts something for the heck of it.

A thought once occured to me that, perhaps a part of the school will be destroyed, perhaps this is where the final battle will stage, and then the heads of houses, all the first and sunames beginning with the same letter, would create a new section to the castle, and perhaps become new founders. In order for all the heads to have the same letters, sprout would have to be killed off, which i do belive will happen, and i believe that severus snape will indeed return to the school as a 'good guy'. Then, a new teacher, most likely one haveing surname and first name start with the same letter, would take the position of herbology.
I know this is a stretch, but it was just a random thought that occured to me in the middle of socials class (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) (i dont much fancy socials)

+Quote Post
baty4potter
post Jun 30 2007, 07:06 AM
Post #19

This has been said *MANY* times before....

There is an edit button, if you have something to add after you post then push the edit button. Right now you will have to wait until your post is approved.

+Quote Post
Hermione@13
post Jun 30 2007, 08:26 PM
Post #20

Huge HP Fan

Hmmm...but why would Professor Sprout be killed off? Would V want her useful for special plants? Possibly. She's never been shown as particularly strong. I, personally, don't think that Goyle will be coming back to teach, but maybe Luna will come back as Divination teacher?

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2014 - 11:13 pm