IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

This translator is for your use, but if you use it, please realize that you must reply to messages in English. Thanks and enjoy!

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> What does the movie tell us?, Some key lines that weren't in the book
Perseus_Evans
post Jul 12 2007, 10:11 PM
Post #1

Big HP Fan

Group: Members
Member No.: 704

Minor spoiler alert for those that haven't seen the movie.

A couple of lines that jumped out at me...

Lucius in the Ministry...

"the secret of the scar"

Luna at the end...

"things that we've lost have a way of coming back to us, just not the way we expect."

I'm not going to get too far into my theories yet, but those who know my theories can probably guess... More later
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
WickedWitchOfThe...
post Jul 12 2007, 10:17 PM
Post #2

Greatest HP Fan That Ever Lived

Group: Guests
Member No.: 3

I'm not going to get too far into my theories yet, but those who know my theories can probably guess

Sorry, one-liner......

ROFLMRO!!! Perseus, you had me rolling! Thank you, I needed that! I know you're serious, and so am I, really. That was great! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

+Quote Post
Perseus_Evans
post Jul 13 2007, 12:23 PM
Post #3

Big HP Fan

The really funny thing is...

I know what you think I'm thinking WWW... but I'm not thinking the way that you think I'm thinking. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

I'm not going to turn this into a DD is coming back to life thing... though it certainly crossed my mind.

The scar=horcrux theory is what the first line supports...

The second line to me suggests that Harry will see beyond the veil (Think the ending of Pan's Labyrinth and LOTR the book), and there may be only one way to do that...

Still not going to say it though, lest a baty-originated lightning bolt strike me down...

+Quote Post
WickedWitchOfThe...
post Jul 13 2007, 12:58 PM
Post #4

Group: Guests
Member No.: 3

The scar=horcrux theory is what the first line supports...
Well, I knew what you were thinking on that one, so do I still get credit? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

Still not going to say it though, lest a baty-originated lightning bolt strike me down...

Good idea! LOL! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

+Quote Post
baty4potter
post Jul 13 2007, 05:04 PM
Post #5

Group: Admin
Member No.: 2

Someone talked about a lightning bolt? ROFL!!!

+Quote Post
Witherwings
post Jul 13 2007, 06:13 PM
Post #6

Big HP Fan

Member No.: 2,166

Can we talk about scenes as well as lines?

The fact that Hagrid's tale of his visit to the Giants didn't include Olympia at all (and that the tale wasn't near as violent as the one in the book)...I'm not certain what this tells me, but there was no reason to cut out Olympia's name (it's not like she appeard in the fifth book anyway). Maybe this means Olympia will betray the order?

Lucius is the one who broke the prophecy (did it play in front of him?). I think this might show us that he's going to be greatly punished by Voldemort.

The fact that they cut Draco's attack on the return ride might paint a more sympathetic picture of him for the next film.

Snape's memories didn't include Lily at all - were they trying to throw us off the track?

Kingsley appeared to be a "DL" member of the Order in the book but not as discreet in the film - he was seen talking to Arthur about the trial...he commented about how spectacular DD's disappearance was. Perhaps the Ministry will discover his allegiances.

Cho betrayed them after the veritaserum. Maybe she'll betray Harry in book seven? Especially after he ditched her for Ginny. Also, Cho's mother is at the ministry? I never read that in any of the books.

This post has been edited by Witherwings: Jul 13 2007, 09:30 PM

+Quote Post
iareaj
post Jul 13 2007, 06:17 PM
Post #7

Hugest HP Fan

Member No.: 35

Mmmm... I just cannot think that Lucius Malfoy is hinting that the scar might be a Horcrux, I don't even think that he knows about horcruxes at all. Dumbleore himself said that he (Malfoy) didn't know that Riddle's diary contained a part of Voldemort's soul. So why did Malfoy say "the secret of the scar"? I think that it was just for the movie, to make the dialogue more interesting... I just cannot take seriously that movie's dialogues, not after I heard Dumbledore calling Voldemort "Dark Lord" at Harry's hearing...

+Quote Post
Hermione@13
post Jul 13 2007, 06:27 PM
Post #8

Huge HP Fan

Member No.: 3,572

LOL, that was ironic! For some reason, I don't see any significance in these lines. They seem really straight forward to me. I don't know. I guess it's just because I have no theories that these support.

+Quote Post
Perseus_Evans
post Jul 13 2007, 07:10 PM
Post #9

Big HP Fan

QUOTE(iareaj @ Jul 13 2007, 07:17 PM) [snapback]131398[/snapback]
Mmmm... I just cannot think that Lucius Malfoy is hinting that the scar might be a Horcrux, I don't even think that he knows about horcruxes at all. Dumbleore himself said that he (Malfoy) didn't know that Riddle's diary contained a part of Voldemort's soul. So why did Malfoy say "the secret of the scar"? I think that it was just for the movie, to make the dialogue more interesting... I just cannot take seriously that movie's dialogues, not after I heard Dumbledore calling Voldemort "Dark Lord" at Harry's hearing...

In the books, this is true that Lucius doesn't know about Horcruxes. But the movies have taken liberties in order to establish plotlines earlier than in the books. This is my point.

For instance... In the movie Ginny's wistful looks at Harry set up their romance even more, since the movie version of HBP will also need to chop out Quidditch I'm guessing... But it certainly wasn't in OotP the book.

Basically, I'm saying that they knew the timing of this movie would be very close to the release date of the 7th book, so I'm thinking they may have let certain implications such as these sneak in to the movie, knowing the spoiler effect would be minimal.

But you're right that the "Dark Lord" coming from DD seems a bit strange, probably slipped by JKR in approving the screenplay, which she has done with all the movies, unless I'm mistaken.

Here's the thing... Why would these lines be added at all. "The secret of the scar"?? What's the point? Why the whole issue with Harry thinking that he's like Voldy. That wasn't in the book. If you're going to take an 866 page book and trim it down, why add new lines unless you have an agenda? It makes no sense otherwise. I can only conclude it's because they know aspects of the plotline that they need to resolve in two more movies and experience suggests that it will be hard to do unless they start some of them a bit early...

+Quote Post
Witherwings
post Jul 13 2007, 08:54 PM
Post #10

Big HP Fan

Member No.: 2,166

QUOTE(iareaj @ Jul 13 2007, 08:17 PM) [snapback]131398[/snapback]
I just cannot take seriously that movie's dialogues, not after I heard Dumbledore calling Voldemort "Dark Lord" at Harry's hearing...

In the discussion board on the next book, there's a post of questions that JK hasn't answered. One of the questions was about the smile DD gave Harry in book four upon learning that Voldemort could touch Harry. The question was whether or not DD was really working for Voldemort (which I wouldn't believe, personally). However, perhaps DD's reference to LV as "Dark Lord" was to make us question his allegience? Maybe.

Also, did anyone else notice that Harry tells Voldemort something like, "I feel sorry for you because you don't have love." Harry doesn't learn this until book six. I think this is really important.

Also the scene at the Hog's Head with Aberforth (the barman) was important. He looked like DD but he also had the goat (Remember there's a scene in one of the books where, DD talking about his brother, we learn that Aberforth did something unsavory with a goat?). So, I'm imaginging now we'll learn more about Aberforth.

This post has been edited by Witherwings: Jul 14 2007, 11:12 AM

+Quote Post
lindsay
post Sep 3 2007, 03:36 PM
Post #11

Member No.: 7,042

I really like the movies and I have always thought that they were better than the books but this one I thought the book was better. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/slytherin.gif)

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st December 2014 - 04:17 am