IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

This translator is for your use, but if you use it, please realize that you must reply to messages in English. Thanks and enjoy!
4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Answers from JKR - Post HPDH, Straight from the Queen's Mouth ;)
Witherwings
post Jul 31 2007, 09:56 PM
Post #41

Big HP Fan

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,166

QUOTE(Dijares @ Jul 30 2007, 04:10 PM) [snapback]133538[/snapback]
Yes, I think he did both.

I don't think he did both to be honest. I think she contradicted herself here. She might have just meant to talk about Harry in the Viera interview but confused it to include Harry (that's what happens when questions happen on the spot) and then she had time to more carefully think out her response.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
blinds
post Aug 1 2007, 09:34 PM
Post #42

Member No.: 6,631

So has she said anything about the veil? :/

+Quote Post
the_prisoner_of_...
post Aug 2 2007, 04:05 AM
Post #43

Huge HP Fan

Member No.: 5,046

No she hasn't.

But we know that Sirius has indeed crossed over, because his spirit appeared in the forest. So at least he's not stuck between the two worlds.

+Quote Post
Hermy
post Aug 4 2007, 10:48 AM
Post #44

Member No.: 6,792

I think the Ron-as-Auror thing in the "Dateline" interview may have been a mistake as well. While I sort of liked the idea of him and Harry working together, Ron taking over Fred's role in the joke business makes a lot more sense....and makes a slightly happier ending for George, as another brother stepped into Fred's role. That sounds like a much more thought-out answer to me, although Ron was sort of coming into his own as a wizard at the end of DH there....I don't know, I'm sure JKR will be bombarded with requests to clear that one up!

The thought of "I Did It My Way" at DD's funeral made me tear up also! So perfect.

+Quote Post
Hermione_Granger
post Aug 5 2007, 06:11 AM
Post #45

Member No.: 6,918

I'm happy I found out that Harry, Ron and Hermione works at the MOM.
And about Neville being a proffessor at Hogwarts.
But what about Ginny? I really want to know! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)
And also about other characters
e.g Malfoy....who did he marry? where does he work?
But thanks anyway...

+Quote Post
baty4potter
post Aug 5 2007, 08:43 AM
Post #46

Greatest HP Fan That Ever Lived

Group: Admin
Member No.: 2

QUOTE(Hermione_Granger @ Aug 5 2007, 07:11 AM) [snapback]134273[/snapback]
I'm happy I found out that Harry, Ron and Hermione works at the MOM.
And about Neville being a proffessor at Hogwarts.
But what about Ginny? I really want to know! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)
And also about other characters
e.g Malfoy....who did he marry? where does he work?
But thanks anyway...

Only Hermione works at the Ministry, Harry and Ron became Aurors, but Jo also said Ron works with George in his joke shop. As for Ginny she eventually became a stay home mum. Not sure what she did at first, but it's in the interview.

Can anyone help on this?

+Quote Post
Archina
post Aug 5 2007, 09:37 AM
Post #47

Big HP Fan

Member No.: 4,179

Can anyone help on this?

I think she said something about Ginny playing for the Holyhead Harpies and then being the quidditch correspondent.

What's this about a snake ring? Is J.K. Rowling secretly a Slytherin??? Oh the shock! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/ohmy.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)
What's the ring look like? Any pictures?

+Quote Post
Witherwings
post Aug 5 2007, 01:37 PM
Post #48

Big HP Fan

QUOTE(Archina @ Aug 5 2007, 11:37 AM) [snapback]134294[/snapback]
I think she said something about Ginny playing for the Holyhead Harpies and then being the quidditch correspondent.

What's this about a snake ring? Is J.K. Rowling secretly a Slytherin??? Oh the shock! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/ohmy.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

Yes, Ginny did play and then become a reporter so she could focus on her family. I do think Harry did work at the ministry though because aurors work for the Ministry. However, she said he also became head of the Auror Department, so then he would have worked at the Ministry.

The ring is in the interview with Meredith Viera on Dateline NBC. I think you can see the video clips on the Dateline NBC page.

+Quote Post
Dijares
post Aug 8 2007, 07:23 AM
Post #49

Administrator

Member No.: 1

QUOTE(Archina @ Aug 5 2007, 10:37 AM) [snapback]134294[/snapback]

There is a picture of her somewhere with it on. The ring has nothing to do with Slytherin.

Her husband got her the ring for her because she's born in the year of the snake (Chinese calendar).

+Quote Post
srivathsan
post Aug 8 2007, 09:29 AM
Post #50

Hugest HP Fan

Member No.: 39

I just listened to 'I did it my way' by Frank Sinatra and got teary. LOL
I hadn't listened to anything by him earlier and I thought I should. What a wonderful song! And every line of that song is so apt for our Dumbledore! Oh, it' so beautiful! *runs and downloads the song*

+Quote Post
baty4potter
post Aug 8 2007, 04:23 PM
Post #51

QUOTE(srivathsan @ Aug 8 2007, 10:29 AM) [snapback]134586[/snapback]
I just listened to 'I did it my way' by Frank Sinatra and got teary. LOL
I hadn't listened to anything by him earlier and I thought I should. What a wonderful song! And every line of that song is so apt for our Dumbledore! Oh, it' so beautiful! *runs and downloads the song*

Yeah know what? That is my favorite song and I get very teary eyed when I listen to it.

+Quote Post
Witherwings
post Aug 12 2007, 02:23 PM
Post #52

Big HP Fan

Oh, how about for the next Hogwarts Headmaster Hagrid? If he invited the Potter and Weasley clan to tea in the epilogue, perhaps he's no longer grounds keeper (as the groundskeeper would have met the first years on their way in).

+Quote Post
aopp17
post Aug 23 2007, 12:55 PM
Post #53

Member No.: 7,010

where on jk's site can i see what other answers shes given to all of the questions about DH?

+Quote Post
Dijares
post Aug 23 2007, 04:03 PM
Post #54

Administrator

They're not on her site. They'll be on fan sites like this one or on the actual news sites where she gave the interviews.

+Quote Post
Hermione@13
post Aug 23 2007, 07:06 PM
Post #55

Huge HP Fan

Member No.: 3,572

Hmmm...that's weird. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif) I would think that she would put her own answers on her official website. Maybe she just wants to relax nowadays?

+Quote Post
Dijares
post Aug 27 2007, 12:29 PM
Post #56

Administrator

It's because they're public interviews. They weren't through her site.

+Quote Post
iareaj
post Oct 19 2007, 10:47 PM
Post #57

Hugest HP Fan

Member No.: 35

I have just read about the answers she gave to the questions she was asked in new York.
About Neville, Hannah Abbott, Remus Lupin, Sirius, the Potters and Dumbledore.
Have you read them?
Are spoilers allowed in this topic?
Because I'd like to post them, but only if it's possible, that's why I'm asking.
Please, say yes! They're important and very interesting news.

+Quote Post
baty4potter
post Oct 20 2007, 07:45 AM
Post #58

QUOTE(iareaj @ Oct 19 2007, 11:47 PM) [snapback]136325[/snapback]
I have just read about the answers she gave to the questions she was asked in new York.
About Neville, Hannah Abbott, Remus Lupin, Sirius, the Potters and Dumbledore.
Have you read them?
Are spoilers allowed in this topic?
Because I'd like to post them, but only if it's possible, that's why I'm asking.
Please, say yes! They're important and very interesting news.

Yes, you are free to talk about anything from DH! :~)

+Quote Post
iareaj
post Oct 20 2007, 07:41 PM
Post #59

Hugest HP Fan

Member No.: 35

ok, then, this is part of the transcription:

Did Dumbledore, who believed in the prevailing power of love, ever fall in love himself?

My truthful answer to you... I always thought of Dumbledore as happy. [ovation.] ... Dumbledore fell in love with Grindelwald, and that that added to his horror when Grindelwald showed himself to be what he was. To an extent, do we say it excused Dumbledore a little more because falling in love can blind us to an extend, but he met someone as brilliant as he was, and rather like Bellatrix he was very drawn to this brilliant person, and horribly, terribly let down by him. Yeah, that's how i always saw Dumbledore. In fact, recently I was in a script read through for the sixth film, and they had Dumbledore saying a line to Harry early in the script saying I knew a girl once, whose hair... [laughter]. I had to write a little note in the margin and slide it along to the scriptwriter, "Dumbledore's happy!" [laughter] If I'd known it would make you so happy, I would have announced it years ago!

I just loved this revelation. ANd what I liked the most is the fact that it's Dumbledore. It's not a hated or 'bad' character. It's Dumbledore, respected both in his and our world. I think this makes that world even mor realistic.

Well, do you want more transcriptions?
I can add more.

thanks to the leaky cauldron!

+Quote Post
Dijares
post Nov 28 2007, 08:12 AM
Post #60

Administrator

I'm sorry, I must have forgotten to place this information up here. It's from when Jo was in New York on October 19, 2007. Here's my report:

During today's reading at Carnegie Hall in New York City, J.K. Rowling revealed that she married Harry Potter. "I actually married Harry Potter. My husband's here, and if you have seen a photo of my husband, I think Harry Potter will look like that once he hits a certain age," she said.

She read to over 1,600 students today, and is doing another reading tonight.

She also stated that, when younger, she dated a few Ron Weasleys. "`The truth is that in my younger days, I dated Ron more than once. Ron is funny, very funny; he's insensitive. There's a lot of immaturity about Ron, and that's where a lot of the humor comes from. He's not much fun to date, but he's great as a friend."

What about Bad Boy Draco?

"Draco was an awfully popular character, particularly with girls," Rowling said. "But as I've said before: No! No! Please don't pass for Draco. I've given you an array of pleasant characters."

UPDATE

As some of you may have noticed in the article, Jo revealed that Dumbledore was gay. She revealed that Dumbledore had an unrequited love affair with Gellert Grindelwald.

She also revealed that Neville Longbottom married non other than Hannah Abbott.

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th November 2014 - 03:39 am