IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

This translator is for your use, but if you use it, please realize that you must reply to messages in English. Thanks and enjoy!

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> How it all came to be..., Lily, James, and Severus
Shannon
post Nov 6 2007, 10:49 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,158

I know that there are a lot of fan fics with the Lily, James, and Severus love triangle already...but I couldn't help myself! It's my favorite on earth!

The door opened and the whole class looked back. Professor McGonagall was standing in front of the classroom, tapping her wand, slowly on the table in front of her. "Glad that you've finally found the time to join us, Miss Evans. Please take your seat,"
Lily's eyes swept around the classroom, and her stomach dropped when she saw that the only available seat was the one that was next to Sirius Black. The best friend of James Potter...no doubt he would grin his lousy grin and go on teasing Lily about how much James loved her, like usual. Lily stammered, "S-sorry Professor. I completely lost track of time, I was in the library." "We would all appreciate it if you would take your seat next to Mr. Black, so that we can continue with class, Miss Evans. If this does not suit you, you can leave of course, then return back here later, to make it all up in detention."
Lily's face grew even redder as she took her seat next to Sirius. She was never late...this was probably the first time in about seven years. As quietly as possible, she took out her Transfiguartion book and glanced at Sirius's book. Unfortunately, he had gotten there first. Covering his book, he grinned that grin and asked, "Why were you late, Evans?" "Mind your own business, Black." "But I'm going to need something to tell Jaaaaames. He'll be curious," "Shut up, Black, and tell me what page you are on."
"MISS EVANS! First you come into my class late, and now you continue to interuppt my class by talking to Mr. Black," She heard the class snicker as she turned another shade of red that she didn't think was humanly possible. In a barely audible whisper she responded, "I was only trying to find out what page we were on, Professor." "Then you ask ME. One more distraction to my teaching today, Miss Evans, and you will be here for detention. Are we understood?" "Yes, Professor," "Good. And we are on page 563, turn there immediately.
With one dirty look towards Sirius, Lily quickly opened her book. She couldn't concentrate though, not now. Never, in all of her yeras in Hogwarts had she been late, talked during class, or offered detention TWICE. What had become of her this year? But deep down inside she knew. Whenever she heard the mention of James Potter, her insides seemed to twirl and dance, but at the same time get so angry she couldn't do anything with herself. Last year, her and James had tried, but that didn't work out so well. He was an arrogant toe-rag if there was one.
At the end of class, Lily was the first out of the classroom. She didn't want to give anyone the chance to say anything to her about that terrible experience, but she wasn't fast enough. Before she knew it, she was surrounded by James, Sirius, Lupin, and Wormtail. James was grinning from ear to ear, "You seem to have taken a leaf out of my book. Why were you late Evans?" "Shove off, Potter." "Oh, someone's being nasty. And I'm only asking because I care about your well being. It would be truly sad to see the perfect Lily Evans in detention." She didn't respond and after a moment Lupin said, "Common guys. Let's ditch Herbology. We have to get ready for tonight."
Lily glanced at James. James Potter. For a moment, she let her guard down and let her heart melt at how cute he was. Unfortunately, he seemed to notice and took his chance, "So, Evans, do you want to come with us? Herbology is so old school..." She shook her head quickly and answered, "However am I going to PASS Herbology if I'm not in it, Potter. Do you wonder why you make such bad marks?" "Ouch," Sirius responded. That wasn't completely true, however. James did make pretty decent marks, he just had the tough-guy image at the same time. "That hurt. I'll see you later then, Evans," and with that, the four friends were gone.
Lily sighed. She messed up her chance AGAIN. But then again, on the other hand, she didn't want a chance. Not with James. Severus hurried to catch up with her, "Why were you late, Lil?" She looked at her best friend and smiled. He seemed so determined and so loserish at the same time. That's why she liked him. "I was in the library, looking up some things for Defense Against the Dark Arts in the Restricted section. I got special permission from Professor Dumbledore. Extra credit project," she explained. Sev looked disappointed, "Why didn't you tell me? We could've worked together on it. I'd love to get my hands on some of those books in the Restricted Section,"
Immediately, Lily turned stern. She stopped walking and looked at Sev, "You PROMISED, Sev. You wouldn't do any Dark Magic. At least not in front of me, although I would prefer that you didn't at all," Quickly he recovered himself, "Not any DARK magic books. I'm taking advanced Defense Against the Dark Arts too, you know." Lily nodded, but privately, she didn't believe him. The other day she'd caught him with Nott making up some pretty evil spells. She hadn't said anything, but still, she worried about him. Sometimes she thought that she really was loosing him to the dark side.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Shannon
post Nov 6 2007, 11:30 AM
Post #2

It was lunch time, but Lily wasn't really hungry. She took all of her school work outside on the grounds and sat down by her favorite tree by the lake. It was the perfect place for her to concentrate because she really got the whole beauty of the grounds from there, but she could concentrate without people like James or Sirius inturrupting her. She had rules about that tree towards her friends too, Sev and Michelle weren't allowed to come over and talk to her if she looked like she was concentrating too much. But of course, Michelle wouldn't come over at all if Sev was here, because she just plain out despised him.
There were things about Lily that people didn't usually understand. Nobody in Gryffindor understood what she saw in Severus; they just didn't understand that they'd practically been together since BEFORE Hogwarts even came along. Then Severus didn't understand why she didn't like Dark Magic. He thought it was cool and should be used on innocent people like James. Of course Lily didn't like him either, but Dark Magic was just one step too far. Lily was nicely working and concentrated for about ten minutes, when she heard a person coming up behind her. She turned around and saw nobody.
Convinced that she was just imagining things, she dove back into her homework. "BOO!" She screamed and jumped up. "James!" she was so startled she forgot to look angry. Instead of trying to act tough, however, surprisingly, they both started laughing. They both were so giddy with laughter, they could barely stop. Finally after about five minutes of just laughing, it ceased. Lily retained herself and exclaimed lamely, "That was not funny!" He smirked and sat down next to her, "That's why you just laughed for about five minutes straight,"
Embarassed, and trying to get back in "charge", she said, "Well, you startled me. I laugh when I'm scared, okay?" "Okay, okay, I believe you. So why weren't you at lunch?" "Homework," "Now you see, that's the only difference between you and me. You will not eat because you have to get HOMEWORK done. Then, me, I sneak off into the kitchen so I don't have to do my homework," James ran his fingers to his hair and Lily snapped, "Why do you always do that?" "Do what?" "Run your fingers through your hair like it's sooooo cool," For the first time, James looked embarassed. ''Oh...well...I-I don't know. It's just habit I guess,"
The two sat in silence for moments, and Lily was just getting back to her homework. James said gently, "This is a nice tree you've got here. You're here all the time," She looked at him confusedly, "I've been coming here since the second year, almost every day that I can." James shifted away from Lily about three centimeters and when she looked at the space between them, she got a very bad sense of lonliness. Even though he wasn't that far away, she felt that he was TOO far.
They sat there, side by side, for another few minutes, and then their "bonding time" was inturrupted. "Lil...?" Lily looked up and saw Severus staring back at her. "Oh...Sev..." "What's he doing here?" he asked tensely. "Oh well, nothing really. He was kind of just sitting here," "But every time I just try to come and sit here, I get shooed off and yelled at. Why is he so special?"
Lily shifted uncomfortably and James answered in his cocky tone, "Well maybe she wants me here, unlike someone else," "James," Lily murmured. "What? So are you telling me that you want him here more than me?" This time, he sounded more hurt than cocky, and Lily was starting to get really uncomfortable.
"No...that's not..." Snape took out his wand and pointed it at James. Almost at the same moment, James wand was out and he was standing facing Snape. "Try it," James dared, "Go ahead. Try and curse me. Try to use some of that dark magic on me." Lily jumped in between the two before either could do anything. "Guys...please, just don't do this. Not now," "Move out of the way Lil," Snape demanded, "or else you'll get hurt too," Lily faced Severus and asked in a shaky voice, "Excuse me?" Snape seemed to have just heard himself and said apologetically, "No-no-that's...that's not what I meant,"
Before anybody knew what was going on, Lily had her wand out too. She was pointing it at Snape. "Go ahead. Try something. It's two against one here, Sev. Leave us alone." Snape's face paled and he turned away. He walked about ten steps, seemed to consider it, turned around, and screamed, "SECTUMSEMPRA!" Instead of hitting his intended target, James, he hit Lily instead. She was on the floor, bleeding all over the place with James at her side as pale as a ghost. Snape seemed absolutely horrified at what he had done and ran quickly back to the castle, tears streaming down his face.
"HELP!!! OVER BY THE LAKE...HELP!!!" screamed James. He took Lily's hand in his and whispered, "You'll be okay. Don't worry...he'll pay." Lily just barely managed to shake her head and whispered, "No...James," and then she fell unconscious. Sirius, Lupin, Wormtail, Michelle, ran over quickly followed by Dumbledore who asked urgently, "What happened?"
James shifted. "Snape cursed her. I don't know what though...it sounded...weird." Dumbledore made a fleeting look at the sky and noticed that it was just about sun down. Urgently, he turned to Remus and said, "You know what tonight is. Get far away," Michelle eyed them curiously and Dumbledore said, "Don't worry about it Michelle. You didn't hear anything. Sirius...make sure he gets far away, do you understand me?" Sirius nodded. James said, "Sirius, I'm staying with Lily right now. Do you think you and Wormtail can..." he lowered his voice to make sure Dumbledore wouldn't hear, "take care of him tonight?" Sirius nodded and said, "You be with your girl, Potter," he asked, "Did anything happen?" James shook his head regretfully. But now was NOT the time to be worried about that.

James was pacing outside of the Hospital Wing. Madam Pomfrey said that he couldn't stay in the room while she was working on her, and that he would have to wait outside. James did not let this happen without and argument, but Dumbledore pulled him aside and told him, "James, you must not inturuppt Madam Pomfrey while she works. I understand you want to be with Lily, but right now you have no right to. She didn't say that she wanted you with her specifically and you are not family related. You will wait out here until you are notified that you can reenter. Do you understand me?" James was forced to nod, but he was still furious with Dumbledore. Apparently Dumbledore noticed because his tone was gentle as he said, "She will be fine soon. When she is considerably better, you can spend the night in the Hospital Wing if you would like. I will tell Madam Pomfrey that you have my special permission." "Thank you, Professor," He chuckled, "Young love," and walked off without a single word.
About thirty minutes later, Madam Pomfrey appeared at the door. "Your still here, I see. You mind as well come in, I've healed her as much as I can right now. She's still in pretty nasty shape. Dumbledore gave you special permission to stay in the Hospital Wing tonight, I understand." she did not look too happy about this as she said, "You will stay in the bed right there and will not wake Lily if she is sleeping. Is that understood?" James nodded and hurried over to Lily's bed without another word.
Lily was just stirring, and she had bandages all through her stomach. Most of the bandages looked stained with dry blood, and James was getting a little neautious. He was NOT good with blood. Lily's eyes flickered open and she asked weakly, "Where am I?" James breathed a sigh of relief and said, "The Hospital Wing?" Lily almost sat up with the anticipation and asked, "James? Is that you?" He nodded and grinned, "I'll always be here,"
"But why AM I here?"
"Err, well...you see..." he didn't want to admit the truth. He knew how Lily felt about Snape.
"It was Severus wasn't it? He cursed me?"
James nodded, "Yeah. I think he was aiming for me, if it makes you feel any better."
Apparently it did not, because tears streamed down Lily's face. "HE PROMISED ME! He promised me that he would never use Dark Magic. He told me specifically that it was just for "fun". And now he's gone and used it on me!" She kept crying and James did not know what to do. So, he took his chance and grabbed her hand with his. Surprisingly, she did not pull away.

+Quote Post
Shannon
post Nov 6 2007, 12:32 PM
Post #3

Lily looked at James uncomfortably, once he had announced that he was staying over night in the hospital. "Oh, well, you really don't have to do that." He nodded, "I know that I don't. But I want to," Lily blushed and asked, "Isn't tonight some 'big night' for you and your friends," James' face went bright red and he said, "They went without me, I told them that I was staying with you," Lily smiled appreciatly, "Thanks, Potter." "No problem Evans,"
It was about midnight, and James was lying uncomfortably on the bed across from Lily. Thoughts kept whirling around in his head like, Why has she been so nice? and is it possible that she likes me?. But then, the negative thoughts also kept coming back such as No, she doesn't like me...she's in love with SEV. and then why would she like ME? He sighed, and noticed a shadow that was coming from the other side of room. He heard the door open, and sat up to see who on earth was coming into the Hospital Wing at midnight.
The shadow shifted and walked directly to Lily's bed and James immediately recognized that greasy black hair anywhere. Snape. He got up and raced to Lily's bed as quickly as possible, to protect her from what was coming next. Noticing that she was sleeping, and remembering his promise to Madam Pomfrey, he said in a harsh whisper, "Go away, Snape,"
Snape looked up startled, just realizing that someone was there. "No. She doesn't even like you. I should be here, not you," A dreadful realization filled James, that that was probably the case, but he was not giving Lily up without a fight. "That's not true. She said she was glad I was here. I didn't exactly hear her asking for you," Snape pulled out his wand, "I've cursed one person already today, and I'm not afraid to do another, if you don't move." Now, forgetting his promise, James raised his voice, "No! If you might remember correctly, she was the one you cursed. SHE DOESN'T WANT YOU HERE!" "You're wandless, Potter. You can't do anything to me." "Oh yeah?" "I can hurt you, Potter. Move out of my way," Lily moved in her sleep. James looked at her with soft eyes and said, "I won't let this loser get near you, Lil, don't worry," "Only I call her Lil," "Well, there is a new you in town, so BACK OFF." With one quick movement of his wand, Snape tried to curse James, but James was already three steps ahead of him. He quickly ducked and grabbed Snape's ankles, pulling him down to the floor. This caused a huge noise, which woke Lily with a start.
"What's going..." and when she saw James and Severus on the floor fighting each other, she screamed. Madam Pomfrey was out of her office with a start, "WHAT IS GOING ON HERE?" All of the commotion ceased immediately. She glowered in the boys' directions, "This is completely unexceptable. You are both to go to the headmasters, now." Lily jumped in, immediately trying to defend them, "No...Madam...its fine. I was awake, anyways," Madam Pomfrey scowled and said angrily, "If you two don't get up to the headmasters office within the next thirty seconds, I will personally make sure that you are on the train home before sunrise. Go. Now," she added threateningly. Lily was weeping from her bed, and she said to Madam Pomfrey, "Okay, I get that they have to go...b-but p-p-lease let me say something to Severus first,"
James heart sunk. Lily was really into Severus, not him. He was hoping that her last word would go to HIM, not Snape. He said loudly, "Thanks a lot," and swept from the room without another word. Severus was looking gleeful, but not for long. Madam Pomfrey said, "You have sixty seconds. I want him out of here," "Yes, Madam Pomfrey. Thank you," and Madam Pomfrey went storming back into her office.
"Lil...thanks for talking to me, I-" "You listen here. I was awake that whole, time. James was trying to defend me and you were just being an....argh....leave me alone from now on, Snape. You cursed me even after you promised no dark magic. You call everyone of my kind a Mudblood, except me. You think you're all cool with Avery and Nott, but your really not. Your on the fast track to joining You-Know-Who after this year, and I want NOTHING to do with it. Good-bye, Snape." He looked at her dumbfounded, "But Lil...I came here to apologize. I-I-since when have you called me Snape?" Lily gave him a dirty look and said, "If you don't leave this moment, I'm going to get Madam Pomfrey. Then you'll be expelled. That's not what you want, so you'd better get out of here. Now," In that moment, Snape took one last look at Lily's beautiful green eyes and left the room.

In Professor Dumbledore's office, James was already telling his side of the story to the headmaster, even though Severus had yet to show up. "Professor, I was just laying in my bed, and he went up to Lily. I thought he was going to curse her again, and I tried to protect her. But then, he tried to curse me so I got him I the floor. I can swear that it's the truth, Professor." Dumbledore looked out of his window sadly, "You really care for Miss Evans don't you Mr. Potter?" James let a moment pass, and decided on the truth, "I think...I think I love her sir." His voice broke. She didn't love him back, however. She loved Snape. She wanted the last word with Snape. "Okay, James. You are not in trouble. You may return to the Hospital Wing, if you would like. I will quickly write a note that you can keep with you so that you do not get in trouble for nighttime prowling." "Thank you, sir, but I think I'm going to go back to the Gryffindor tower, if that's alright." "Of course, of course. But let me let you in on a little secret James. If you reallly do love her, tell her." James bowed his head, "I don't think that's a good idea, sir." Dumbledore nodded, "Whatever you want to do, Mr. Potter. Don't let the cause me lost, though." Dumbledore wrote the note and said while handing it to James, "You are a good kid, James Potter. You may not want to believe it, but you'll make a fine man out in the world after this year, despite all of those detentions that you've had. Always stay true to yourself, James, always stay true." "Thank you, sir. Good-night."
Snape never did show up in Dumbledore's office. He walked along the halls of Hogwarts crying. He loved Lily, but she obviously didn't feel the same way about him. She loved James. That was obvious. Snape felt a sudden hatred towards James. He wanted to rip him apart, limb by limb, but he decided on a better way of getting him back. Satisfied, Snape made his way back to the Slytherin common room.

It had been a week, and Lily was finally being discharged from the Hospital Wing. She was worried because she had missed so much school work...but she was even more depressed when James hadn't come back to see her that week. Hoping desperately that he didn't get expelled, she made her way to Transfiguration, the first class of the day. Indeed she was late, but she had a note from Madam Pomfrey.
She let out a sigh of relief when she saw that James was in class, sitting next to Sirius. But she was hoping that maybe he would have saved a seat for her...she wanted more than anything to see him right now. She frowned as McGonagall said, "Welcome back, Miss Evans. Yes, yes, I know about the note and all. Please take your seat next to...next to Mr. Lupin right there, and open up to page 600." "Thanks, Professor. It's good to be back,"
Sitting down to Remus, she took out her book. Maybe this wouldn't be so bad after all. Maybe she could tell Remus to tell James to meet her somewhere during Herbology. She really didn't feel like going today, anyways. Somehow, being cursed by Snape had made her realize that grades really weren't everything, and sometimes you needed a break. She whispered to Lupin, "Hey...I was wondering," but her turned his shoulder on her.
Huh? Usually Remus was all for talking to her and trying to get her to tell something about herself so he could go and tell James. She turned to James and Sirius, but for once they were concentrating very hard on the board ahead. Sighing, she decided to concentrate too.
At the end of class, she decided to lag behind, waiting for the four friends so she could finally talk to James. But they all rushed out of the classroom, while the bell was still going off. What's going on? Lily thought nervously. Why didn't James want to talk to her?
As she thought she would, she ditched Herbology to go to her tree and work on some Transfiguration work. But, someone was already there. "James? What are you doing here?" She asked happily. He quickly got up and said humbly, "Sorry," he started to walk away, but Lily grabbed his arm, "What's to be sorry about? I was hoping to bump into you..." "I really have to go. Herbology." he explained. "But, I thought we could talk." "Why don't you go talk to Snape instead?"
"What are you talking about, James?" Something about Lily calling him James instead of Potter made him stop. "Why don't you go and snog Severus? We all know that's what you want to do, Evans!" She let go of him pretty hurt. Her eyes were sparkling with tears when she said, "When did I snog Severus? What are you TALKING about?" He looked into her beautiful green eyes and said, "You know what I'm talking about. You wanted to have the last word with HIM instead of ME. Even when I thought you liked me for just that second. I was there for you, and he was the one that cursed you."
Lily was really crying now, "James, you don't understand. I wanted to tell him that I never wanted to talk to him again." "That's not what he told me," "What?" "Well, not me. But he was bragging about it to Sirius and Remus. How he said that you chose HIM instead of me. That you told him that I was an arrogant---" "No, James, no. I told him to leave me alone and that I didn't want anything to do with him."
James turned towards Lily, "Really?" Lily took a step closer to James, "Really," she whispered. He leaned forward and so did he and at that exact moment, their lips met. They were locked in a fierce embrace and they could have been there for days...they didn't know nor care. When they finally broke apart, James had on that cocky grin that he always had when he was looking at Lily, "Oh. Well, now I think I believe you," Lily laughed and they sat down hand in hand. They were going to have a long talk.

Together, they had missed four classes, which was more than Lily had ever skipped without a reason. James said finally, "So let me get this straight. You've liked me, and I've liked you, for a very long time." Lily nodded happily, "Apparently," "Oh," and after a moment of silence and James thinking back to the conversation he had with Dumbledore he said, "Lily Evans...I love you," Lily looked into his eyes and could tell that it was no joke that he and Sirius had cooked up. "I love you too," she responded.

This post has been edited by baty4potter: Nov 6 2007, 05:32 PM

+Quote Post
Shannon
post Nov 7 2007, 06:58 AM
Post #4

aww...no one likes it (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)

+Quote Post
baty4potter
post Nov 7 2007, 07:12 AM
Post #5

Greatest HP Fan That Ever Lived

Group: Admin
Member No.: 2

QUOTE(Shannon @ Nov 7 2007, 07:58 AM) [snapback]136541[/snapback]
aww...no one likes it (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)

There is no one around to read it, and as a mod I try and stay natural.

+Quote Post
Dijares
post Nov 7 2007, 09:11 AM
Post #6

Administrator

Member No.: 1

QUOTE(baty4potter @ Nov 7 2007, 07:12 AM) [snapback]136542[/snapback]
There is no one around to read it, and as a mod I try and stay natural.

Glad to know you're, erm, natural...

Is that something like this...

(IMG:http://www.destination360.com/north-america/us/virginia/images/s/virginia-natural-bridge.jpg)

haha. just kidding! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/hat.gif)

I, for one, try to stay neutral....

hehe.

Okay, just kidding around. Don't bite my head off! Eeek!

Keep writing. We like what you write, but don't always have the chance to say anything. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

+Quote Post
baty4potter
post Nov 7 2007, 06:05 PM
Post #7

QUOTE(Dijares @ Nov 7 2007, 10:11 AM) [snapback]136543[/snapback]
Glad to know you're, erm, natural...

Is that something like this...

(IMG:http://www.destination360.com/north-america/us/virginia/images/s/virginia-natural-bridge.jpg)

haha. just kidding! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/hat.gif)

I, for one, try to stay neutral....

hehe.

Okay, just kidding around. Don't bite my head off! Eeek!

Keep writing. We like what you write, but don't always have the chance to say anything. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

HaHa Dij, your picture didn't go through!!! NeenerNeener!!!~~~~~

+Quote Post
Dijares
post Nov 9 2007, 09:11 AM
Post #8

Administrator

Member No.: 1

QUOTE(baty4potter @ Nov 7 2007, 06:05 PM) [snapback]136544[/snapback]
HaHa Dij, your picture didn't go through!!! NeenerNeener!!!~~~~~

Darn, that's what I get for hotlinking. I should know better. Well, then, here you go...

(IMG:http://harrypotterspage.com/news/data/upimages/naturalbridges.jpg)

+Quote Post
baty4potter
post Nov 10 2007, 10:04 AM
Post #9

I like the natural. But yeah neutral is much better.... All right it was early and I was rushed. ROFL!!!

+Quote Post
loving life
post Nov 10 2007, 09:19 PM
Post #10

HP Fan

Member No.: 6,531

haha. I liked it! I, must admit, I never read it all, it was really long! but what I did read was not half bad (: keep it up !

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th December 2014 - 11:29 pm