IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

This translator is for your use, but if you use it, please realize that you must reply to messages in English. Thanks and enjoy!
2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Deathly Hallows into two movies!!!, Finally Warner Bros got the hint!
Perseus_Evans
post Jan 15 2008, 05:00 PM
Post #1

Big HP Fan

Group: Members
Member No.: 704

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/arti...in_page_id=1773

This will be an amazing scene, but where will the break be?

Personally I think when Ron leaves...
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
baty4potter
post Jan 15 2008, 05:19 PM
Post #2

Greatest HP Fan That Ever Lived

Group: Admin
Member No.: 2

Dij had this on the home page yesterday, but nothing was for sure, and today there is an update...

UPDATE: Empire Magazine did a follow up to this information, trying to get confirmation. When speaking with Warner Bros, they were informed that "no decision has been made about Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows".

As a matter of fact, they've learned that Steve Kloves, the screenwriter, has not written a script yet due to the current Writer's Guild of America (WGA) strike, which prevents him from working on the project.

+Quote Post
MrsGinnyPotter
post Jan 15 2008, 07:15 PM
Post #3

HP Fan

Member No.: 7,030

I was so surprised when i heard this rumor i idmediatly screamed no!
but now that ive thought about it, i kinda like the idea, although, what kind of gap will there be? time wise. between the first and second part of the movie

+Quote Post
crmhpfan
post Jan 15 2008, 07:38 PM
Post #4

Huge HP Fan

Group: News Posters
Member No.: 4,800

Personally I think when Ron leaves...
I reckon it will be when the trio find out about the hollows...or not. But how long would the gap be? I couldn't stand to wait another 6 months or so to see the rest of the film.

+Quote Post
the_prisoner_of_...
post Jan 15 2008, 08:32 PM
Post #5

Huge HP Fan

Member No.: 5,046

'Baty', so what's the deal, have Warner Brothers confirmed anything or should we be treating this as a rumour for now?

They could split it right after they learn about the Hallows from Xenophilis (sp) before they are taken to the manor.

+Quote Post
crmhpfan
post Jan 16 2008, 12:55 AM
Post #6

Huge HP Fan

QUOTE(the_prisoner_of_azkaban @ Jan 16 2008, 12:02 PM) [snapback]138403[/snapback]
They could split it right after they learn about the Hallows from Xenophilis (sp) before they are taken to the manor.

My thoughts exactly (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

+Quote Post
Bellatrix
post Jan 16 2008, 06:18 AM
Post #7

Member No.: 7,230

Yes, i also agree with prisoner of askaban..the movie should split after they learn of the the hallows. For those who haven't read the book, it will give a whole new twist to linger on >> 'horcruxes VS hallows'

+Quote Post
baty4potter
post Jan 16 2008, 06:52 AM
Post #8

QUOTE(the_prisoner_of_azkaban @ Jan 15 2008, 08:32 PM) [snapback]138403[/snapback]
'Baty', so what's the deal, have Warner Brothers confirmed anything or should we be treating this as a rumour for now?

WB hasn't confirmed anything so Treat it as a rumor right now.

+Quote Post
crmhpfan
post Jan 16 2008, 07:11 AM
Post #9

Huge HP Fan

QUOTE(baty4potter @ Jan 16 2008, 10:22 PM) [snapback]138409[/snapback]
WB hasn't confirmed anything so Treat it as a rumor right now.

It's still fun to speculate, though (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif) .

This post has been edited by crmhpfan: Jan 16 2008, 07:12 AM

+Quote Post
baty4potter
post Jan 16 2008, 06:43 PM
Post #10

QUOTE(crmhpfan @ Jan 16 2008, 07:11 AM) [snapback]138412[/snapback]
It's still fun to speculate, though (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif) .

Absolutely! I'd actually rather it be two movies because I can no longer sit through such long movies. So Bring It On WB!! hehe

+Quote Post
MrsGinnyPotter
post Jan 16 2008, 07:43 PM
Post #11

HP Fan

I just found out that WB wont make a decesion untill the writers strike is over...since the scripts wrighter is part of the WGA.
SO, lets hope its over quickly the suspense is killing me!

+Quote Post
the_prisoner_of_...
post Jan 19 2008, 07:04 PM
Post #12

Huge HP Fan

Dij posted this on the main page but here it is incase you missed it...
“Well I'm actually.... yes... I'm in the next one”, reveals the British actor. "And I'm also in the one at the end – I have a very big scene in that. I think they might be shooting two of them back-to-back – hard to know though, what with this writer's strike and all. They're shooting the penultimate one at the moment – which I have a brief appearance in it. I should be doing that soon."

This was from Timothy Spall who plays Peter. Now, what I would like to know is whether he means they will be filming HBP and Deathly Hallows back-to-back OR if he's talking about filming possibly two Deathly Hallows movies back-to-back.

+Quote Post
crmhpfan
post Jan 19 2008, 07:54 PM
Post #13

Huge HP Fan

I was also a bit confused with that...I guess you could take either meaning with that. He might also mean that they will be filming both scenes back-to-back.

+Quote Post
MrsGinnyPotter
post Jan 22 2008, 05:32 PM
Post #14

HP Fan

[/size]NEW IMFORMATION!
[size="2"]
After nearly two months of speculation I have just read that the movie will in fact be released.....in two parts! They will simply be labled part one and part two. And yes, David Yates will be the director for both of them! WB will make the official announcment tomorrow. The movies will be released i November 2010 and May 2011 respectivly. Now let the Debate on when the spilt will be...Begin.

This post has been edited by MrsGinnyPotter: Mar 12 2008, 07:25 PM

+Quote Post
imperio
post Sep 21 2008, 03:33 PM
Post #15

Newbie HP Fan

Member No.: 7,598

I'm really happy with the split to be honest, although i think the films should be called differant titles as JK was split on whether to call it Harry Potter and the deathly Hallows or Harry Potter and the Peverells so i think the first part should be called the Peverells and the second the Deathly Hallows.

+Quote Post
the_prisoner_of_...
post Sep 23 2008, 09:46 PM
Post #16

Huge HP Fan

I'm really happy with the split to be honest, although i think the films should be called differant titles as JK was split on whether to call it Harry Potter and the deathly Hallows or Harry Potter and the Peverells so i think the first part should be called the Peverells and the second the Deathly Hallows.

That's certainly a good idea. The only problem I see with it is that the Peverell bit doesn't occur until about halfway through the book. So if the first half was called that, it wouldn't really fit becuase all the Hallows stuff is revealed in the 2nd half. At least I thought were it was revealed they were the Peverell brothers were.

The underlying theme of the first half I see as being more the Horocrux's with the second half being focused a bit more focused on the hallows. SO perhaps the idea of different titles, maybe something about the Hallows and something about the Horcruxs.

Of course that all depends on when they cut the movie as well as how they put it together (wouldnt be the first time they changed the order of things *cough* POA movie)

+Quote Post
Hollie
post Jul 5 2009, 03:03 AM
Post #17

Member No.: 8,111

i am happy about the split because it means they won't miss as much out.

i think they should end it when they get caught by the snatchers

+Quote Post
the_prisoner_of_...
post Jul 7 2009, 06:16 PM
Post #18

Huge HP Fan

“Well I'm actually.... yes... I'm in the next one”, reveals the British actor. "And I'm also in the one at the end – I have a very big scene in that. I think they might be shooting two of them back-to-back – hard to know though, what with this writer's strike and all. They're shooting the penultimate one at the moment – which I have a brief appearance in it. I should be doing that soon."
This was from Timothy Spall who plays Peter. Now, what I would like to know is whether he means they will be filming HBP and Deathly Hallows back-to-back OR if he's talking about filming possibly two Deathly Hallows movies back-to-back.

i think they should end it when they get caught by the snatchers

Hollie based on the above information you could be right! Hmm if we base our guessing upon what Timothy Spall had to say (which seems like a pretty good place to start) the scene in the basement/celler (at the Malfoy Manor) MUST be in the second one. I'm assuming that must be his 'very big scene' because obviously he dies during that. Now I'm going to take a wild guess and say the 'brief appearance' is the opening scene at the Malfoy Manor.

+Quote Post
whitewolf
post Jul 14 2009, 01:36 PM
Post #19

HP Fan

Member No.: 7,971

QUOTE (the_prisoner_of_azkaban @ Jul 7 2009, 07:16 PM) *
Hollie based on the above information you could be right! Hmm if we base our guessing upon what Timothy Spall had to say (which seems like a pretty good place to start) the scene in the basement/celler (at the Malfoy Manor) MUST be in the second one. I'm assuming that must be his 'very big scene' because obviously he dies during that. Now I'm going to take a wild guess and say the 'brief appearance' is the opening scene at the Malfoy Manor.

That's my assumption as well. It is also is the obvious point of division. It was the climax the first half of DH, and afterward the direction Harry took changed. To break before would be too soon,(For instance, just after Ron's return). To break later is to deep into the last phase (After the arrival at shell cottage).

+Quote Post
Heart of Gold
post Jul 14 2009, 03:16 PM
Post #20

Member No.: 6,741

I agree whitewolf.

Taking the discussion in a different direction, I have long thought about the significance of 7 books and the 7 horcruxes (I am sure I have read that somewhere around here...). But what I don't recall being said is that he-who-must-not-be-named intended to make 6 horcruxes (hence 7 pieces of his soul), but instead made 7 (eight pieces), and that now the story, originally intended to be in 7 parts is now unexpectedly being divided again into eight.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th October 2014 - 12:25 pm