IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

This translator is for your use, but if you use it, please realize that you must reply to messages in English. Thanks and enjoy!
3 Pages V  < 1 2 3  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> The Twilight Series, Just had to do it
Dijares
post Jul 27 2008, 07:52 AM
Post #41

Administrator

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

QUOTE(Kimberley @ Jul 17 2008, 02:30 PM) [snapback]139901[/snapback]
I think Kristen doesn't look like Bella in that picture. They should switch places. I have yet to buy that magazine! It hasn't come out to shelves where I am yet....

Did anyone watch the new trailer that was on Entertainment Tonight last on Tuesday?

Do you know that I haven't seen it on shelves anywhere? Baty, you better keep your copy in plastic wrap - it may be worth something.

It was rated by LA times as one of the most memorable covers of all times believe it or not. Right up there with John and Yoko Ono's and Demi Moore's covers. Unreal, huh?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
isa_sdtu001
post Sep 17 2008, 05:21 AM
Post #42

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,533

so... what does everyone think about breaking dawn? i love it i thought it was a great ending and everthing just fit together

+Quote Post
Dijares
post Sep 17 2008, 09:30 PM
Post #43

Administrator

I really enjoyed it. I know some people didn't, but I thought it came out very well.

+Quote Post
Perseus_Evans
post Sep 26 2008, 10:11 AM
Post #44

Big HP Fan

Member No.: 704

OK, finished!

I started reading Twilight at the beginning of September, and just finished Breaking Dawn. Yes, I read somewhat obsessively, in case my Potter reading wasn't a good indicator.

Wow! Fantastic.

I was under the impression this was the final book, but I wonder if there's room for another after this one. It feels like the story has more to it.

I'll say one thing... Stephenie had the entire structure mapped out from the beginning, and the overall series was more "even" than the Potter series.

Another great series about a hidden world of mythology living on the fringe of society. I wonder how history will view this period of fantasy literature...

+Quote Post
baty4potter
post Sep 26 2008, 05:55 PM
Post #45

Greatest HP Fan That Ever Lived

Member No.: 2

QUOTE(Perseus_Evans @ Sep 26 2008, 11:11 AM) [snapback]140310[/snapback]
OK, finished!

I started reading Twilight at the beginning of September, and just finished Breaking Dawn. Yes, I read somewhat obsessively, in case my Potter reading wasn't a good indicator.

Wow! Fantastic.

I was under the impression this was the final book, but I wonder if there's room for another after this one. It feels like the story has more to it.

I'll say one thing... Stephenie had the entire structure mapped out from the beginning, and the overall series was more "even" than the Potter series.

Another great series about a hidden world of mythology living on the fringe of society. I wonder how history will view this period of fantasy literature...

Hey nice that you started reading the Twilight series. I'm doing so but won't read the books until they come out in paper back, so I'm going to be just a tad behind everyone.

+Quote Post
Lilysowl
post Sep 26 2008, 10:01 PM
Post #46

HP Fan

Group: News Posters
Member No.: 6,503

Hello,

Did everyone see our Twilight page? Dijares created a link to it under Interesting Bits on the Home page. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

+Quote Post
baty4potter
post Sep 27 2008, 08:21 AM
Post #47

Greatest HP Fan That Ever Lived

Member No.: 2

QUOTE(Lilysowl @ Sep 26 2008, 11:01 PM) [snapback]140315[/snapback]
Hello,

Did everyone see our Twilight page? Dijares created a link to it under Interesting Bits on the Home page. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

Here's the link for that.
Twilight Interesting Bits

+Quote Post
Dijares
post Sep 28 2008, 07:10 AM
Post #48

Administrator

QUOTE(Perseus_Evans @ Sep 26 2008, 11:11 AM) [snapback]140310[/snapback]
OK, finished!

Wow! Fantastic.

Hey there! Glad you finished the series. Stephenie has mentioned that she'd like to write more about the **spoilers** Jacob and Renesme thing. So, maybe one day... Just wish she'd finish Midnight Sun.

Yes, I did that Twilight link at the request of Summit Entertainment. Although it is nice to have anyway. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

+Quote Post
riddlemethis326
post Dec 29 2008, 02:52 PM
Post #49

Huge HP Fan

Member No.: 4,784

I read the first two books before they became widley popular and I liked them just because I could obsess over something everybody else wasn't already freaking out about. But now that everybody is reading them, I have to say I'm not a fan. I read Eclipse and Breaking Dawn and realized that it's really not high quality writing. It just doesn't have elements of good writing. I still had fun reading them, but I was really disappointed by the quality.

+Quote Post
the_prisoner_of_...
post Dec 30 2008, 12:38 PM
Post #50

Huge HP Fan

Member No.: 5,046

I refrained from reading them because by the time i heard about the, they were already so hyped. having read the first two i do think the storyline is good but the quality of the writing is a bit of a downside. will type ,more when i have time

+Quote Post
riddlemethis326
post Dec 30 2008, 02:32 PM
Post #51

Huge HP Fan

Member No.: 4,784

Half the reason I didn't like it was actually because of the storyline... It seemed like a good little story, but it's too convinient and too rushed.

+Quote Post
siriusmom
post Jan 26 2009, 03:35 PM
Post #52

Member No.: 7,938

My daughter brought them over for me to read and twilight was a little kiddy for my liking. She insisted that I read further and from then on I was hooked. The idea that Bella has fallen in love with a vampire and her best friend is a werewolf was appealing to me. I like series books. I have read them about 6 times and everytime I start at the beginning with twilight I find something that I see differently then the last time.
I loved having my kids and their friends around when they were teenagers, so I love the banter from Emmett, and Jacob, and Bella and the other werewolves (shapeshifters).

I will admit that I cannot wait for Half Blood Prince in July, and will reread the books before the movie comes out, but for now I am still on twilight.

+Quote Post
Shern
post Mar 3 2011, 08:35 AM
Post #53

Member No.: 8,526

i am a fan of twilight movie series,the part that i like most is New Moon
thanks

Post edited.... Please do not put links to free movie sites on the boards. Thanks.

This post has been edited by baty4potter: Mar 3 2011, 06:15 PM

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 2nd October 2014 - 01:23 am