IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

This translator is for your use, but if you use it, please realize that you must reply to messages in English. Thanks and enjoy!
2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Have you read it yet?, What did you think?
baty4potter
post Dec 9 2008, 05:35 PM
Post #21

Greatest HP Fan That Ever Lived

Group: Admin
Member No.: 2

Since I received the UK standard edition I decided to go to the store and check out the US standard edition. The pages in the US edition don't have as good a as they do in the UK edition. Different paper was used.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Kane
post Dec 10 2008, 02:29 PM
Post #22

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,467

Really? Is that the only difference? Apart from the cover, obviously.

+Quote Post
baty4potter
post Dec 10 2008, 06:51 PM
Post #23

Greatest HP Fan That Ever Lived

Group: Admin
Member No.: 2

QUOTE (Kane @ Dec 10 2008, 03:29 PM) *
Really? Is that the only difference? Apart from the cover, obviously.

I haven't checked page for page so I'm not positive. The Collectors edition I believe is different, with JK's writing in it. Not sure about other differences.

+Quote Post
Kane
post Dec 11 2008, 11:22 AM
Post #24

Cheers, baty, was just wondering.

+Quote Post
Grubbly-Plank
post Dec 11 2008, 03:40 PM
Post #25

HP Fan

Member No.: 7,313

Ooohh, I'm such a bad girl - I bought the standard version of Beedle when I went into town because i couldn't wait until Christmas to read it!!! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif)

+Quote Post
Kane
post Dec 12 2008, 04:09 PM
Post #26

Hay, hay, hay, dont blame yourself, G-P, you just had the urge the rest of us did to read it.

+Quote Post
riddlemethis326
post Dec 28 2008, 09:00 PM
Post #27

Huge HP Fan

Member No.: 4,784

I loved all of the stories. I haven't read Dumbledore's comments yet, but I really enjoyed the stories. Fountain of Fair Fortune was my favorite by far because it was soooooo cute! The Warlock's Hairy Heart was rather disturbing, but I oddly enjoyed it as well. My best friend, who is also an ultimate Harry potter nerd, and i read all the stories out loud. we had fun imploying different voices and accents. yay!!!

+Quote Post
imperio
post Dec 30 2008, 07:18 AM
Post #28

Newbie HP Fan

Member No.: 7,598

Hey got my copy for christmas just the standard edition my Mam and dad wouldn't buy the collectors edition, (IMG:style_emoticons/default/closedeyes.gif) I have'nt read it yet though im currently rereading the Harry Potter series (for the third time this year) i'm going to read it straight after iv finished deathly hallows so that it's still fresh in my mind, i may just give in the Potter series though if it sounds good on this thread which it probabaly will do.

I will post again after i'v read it, can't wait.

+Quote Post
Nina79
post Jan 4 2009, 06:29 PM
Post #29

Hugest HP Fan

Member No.: 4

I have the book, but I haven't read it yet... I need to do that soon, I think. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

+Quote Post
(O₂)
post Mar 12 2009, 02:33 AM
Post #30

Member No.: 7,975

QUOTE (the_prisoner_of_azkaban @ Dec 4 2008, 11:09 PM) *
I have the feeling I got mine a little too early. Target had it on the morning of the 3rd of December. But yes I have it and I have read it. I really liked it, DD notes are hilarious in some parts!! but also really eye-opening and deep in others. The tales themselves are really cute too!

But what I don't understand is the notes DD left in the book....and in the same book Hermione had in her possesion. You would think Hermione would mention the fact that DD disscusses the 'death stick' in detail and having read that she would've clued into why he left the book for her. Maybe she did and I'm just forgetting things.

I just read this myself, and I hink I might be able to answer your question. The notes that were in this "Copy" of the book were not, in fact, in Hermione's book, she mentions minor graffiti, but not ful on notes. If I remember correctly it says that these notes were found amongst other paperwork in DD's office after his death, and that this "copy" is "translated" by Hermione fro the book (which was in ancient runes) she recieved from DD, therefore she never would have seen the notes on "The Three Brothers".

As for why they ended abruptly, we are lead to understand that DD was rather ashamed of his pqst obsession with the deathly hallows, and was actually in poseson of the cloak for some time, after jame's death, and held the stone for almost a year. I think this was just another chance for JK to how the readers that he was ashamed of his past, and that he tried to reconcile it.

+Quote Post
Kane
post Mar 13 2009, 05:14 PM
Post #31

Basically, it is a brilliant little book, that adds a lot to the story. A good little read.

+Quote Post
Hermione1981
post Mar 19 2009, 01:09 PM
Post #32

Member No.: 7,530

I love the books I read it in one setting.

+Quote Post
crmhpfan
post Mar 20 2009, 12:46 AM
Post #33

Huge HP Fan

Group: News Posters
Member No.: 4,800

I love the books I read it in one setting.

Same! I bought it on a whim and read it one go! The fountain one (I think) was my favourite =]

+Quote Post
imperio
post Mar 20 2009, 04:06 PM
Post #34

Newbie HP Fan

Member No.: 7,598

I read it a while ago now (i know i said i'd post just after iv read it i'v been coming on this site frequently since i posted that aswell but just kept slipping my mind)

I also read it on one sitting (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) i thought it was quite a pleasant little read, i must admit wasn't that engrossing but it was writen for a good cause (charity) and i thonk that is main thing.

By the way taking nothing away from the book it was an enjoyable read. And it was HP related so of course it was a good read.

This post has been edited by imperio: Mar 20 2009, 04:07 PM

+Quote Post
Kane
post Mar 29 2009, 02:01 PM
Post #35

Indeed, it doesn't take long to finish it, an hour or even half that.

+Quote Post
whitewolf
post May 9 2009, 12:13 PM
Post #36

HP Fan

Member No.: 7,971

I enjoyed the commentaries most. I gave me an insight into how DD's mind work. I think also that it showed how wise it was that Hermione got the book, beacause Harry would have missed the point without her.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st October 2014 - 03:42 am