IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

This translator is for your use, but if you use it, please realize that you must reply to messages in English. Thanks and enjoy!

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> prefect limitations
jacobTN
post Dec 26 2008, 06:12 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,903

ok, now i have read and re-read the books many times, in the 2nd book, Percy takes points away from Ron, Harry, and Hermione after leave Moaning Myrtle's bathroom, but in book 5, after the Inquisitorial Squad is formed, Malfoy takes points away from Harry, Hermione, Ernie Macmillan, and Ron. but Hermione says that no prefect can take away points. and i know that Percy wasn't head boy in that time because he graduated 3rd year, and head boy and head girl are chosen in the 7th year of Hogwarts, i just want some people's opinion's on this. please leave a reply or message me about what u think?

This post has been edited by jacobTN: Dec 27 2008, 01:55 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Dijares
post Jan 3 2009, 10:42 AM
Post #2

Administrator

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

Not sure about this. It just may be one of J.K. Rowling's very few mistakes. And you got the sharp eye that caught it. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

+Quote Post
Lee Anna
post Mar 11 2009, 10:05 AM
Post #3

Member No.: 7,236

QUOTE (jacobTN @ Dec 26 2008, 06:12 PM) *
ok, now i have read and re-read the books many times, in the 2nd book, Percy takes points away from Ron, Harry, and Hermione after leave Moaning Myrtle's bathroom, but in book 5, after the Inquisitorial Squad is formed, Malfoy takes points away from Harry, Hermione, Ernie Macmillan, and Ron. but Hermione says that no prefect can take away points. and i know that Percy wasn't head boy in that time because he graduated 3rd year, and head boy and head girl are chosen in the 7th year of Hogwarts, i just want some people's opinion's on this. please leave a reply or message me about what u think?

Well, I could be off the mark, but as I understood the passage in bk # 5, Malfoy being in the inquizatorial squad could take points away from prefects...they had broader reaching powers given them by that freak Umbridge...cause Ernie said, "that undermines the whole prefect system"...

+Quote Post
the_prisoner_of_...
post Mar 21 2009, 08:21 AM
Post #4

Huge HP Fan

Member No.: 5,046

Well, I could be off the mark, but as I understood the passage in bk # 5, Malfoy being in the inquizatorial squad could take points away from prefects...they had broader reaching powers given them by that freak Umbridge...cause Ernie said, "that undermines the whole prefect system"...

there was a disscussion about this topic somewhere I know, i have no idea what happened to it though I couldnt find it..anyway in reply...

That's a really good point, although my only quip is that we never see any other prefect take points away in the series so it's hard to say they had the power to do it throughout. based on the two examples we do have either assumption could be correct that is a. your point about the power of prefects to take points from other prefects or b. that it was something JKR just missed

+Quote Post
jennyrocks_#1
post Apr 22 2009, 07:52 PM
Post #5

Member No.: 8,002

QUOTE (the_prisoner_of_azkaban @ Mar 21 2009, 09:21 AM) *
That's a really good point, although my only quip is that we never see any other prefect take points away in the series so [quote]

things change from in the book to the movie [if that's what you meant].And perfects can take away points from there same house.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/gandalf.gif)

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/gryffindor.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/comp26.gif)

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 31st October 2014 - 10:35 am