IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

This translator is for your use, but if you use it, please realize that you must reply to messages in English. Thanks and enjoy!
2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Death
BathildaBagshot
post Aug 17 2009, 03:23 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 8,206

Out of all the deaths in the Deathly Hallows, which one made you cry the most, or upset you most? Mine was probably Dobby, but Freds upset me a lot aswell.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
whitewolf
post Aug 17 2009, 11:01 AM
Post #2

HP Fan

Member No.: 7,971

QUOTE (BathildaBagshot @ Aug 17 2009, 04:23 AM) *
Out of all the deaths in the Deathly Hallows, which one made you cry the most, or upset you most? Mine was probably Dobby, but Freds upset me a lot aswell.

The Lupins. I knew Fred was going to die and didn't like it, but he is symbolic of the waste of war. Dobby's death was a shock, which made it almost real, and that why Harry's focus turns from the war being about just him.
The saddness about the Lupins and Remus specifically, is that he was the last of the Mauraders, and Voldermort's defeat of them was complete. All respect to JK's need for the symmetry that she began and end with an orphan, I wish that she had kept Remus in tact. It seem to me that he was the one whose life would have shown the benefit of all the sacrifice that was made in the fight against Voldermort. His living and living well (Tonks would have been a part of that), would have been the best revenge on those who killed his dearest family and friends.

+Quote Post
baty4potter
post Aug 17 2009, 04:23 PM
Post #3

Greatest HP Fan That Ever Lived

Group: Admin
Member No.: 2

I have to say that killing Hedwig tore me up a lot. JK said it was a loss of innocence but I feel it was an unnecessary loss. I was surprised about Fred, but Lupin didn't surprise me at all.

+Quote Post
Half-Blood Princ...
post Sep 3 2009, 02:54 PM
Post #4

Member No.: 2,444

I believe that it was Fred's death that really got to me.
I had a feeling at least one of the Weasley's were gonna be gone,
But I just hoped that they wouldn't.
But Dobby's death took me by surprise as well.

+Quote Post
the_prisoner_of_...
post Sep 4 2009, 02:53 AM
Post #5

Huge HP Fan

Member No.: 5,046

I have to agree with Baty I wasn't suprised at all with Lupin, sad but not suprised. As soon as she killed Peter I was pretty sure Lupin wouldn't survive...dunno I just thought she wouldn't leave one marauder.

Tonks suprised me, but the way her death was portrayed in the book didn't make me as sad as HEDWIG'S! now that was so tragic!

In short probably Hedwig, Dobby and Fred (but none hit me as hard as Sirius in OOTP).

LOL i noticed no one said Snape. Did we all have him written off ever since he killed DD?

+Quote Post
Grubbly-Plank
post Sep 4 2009, 06:56 AM
Post #6

HP Fan

Member No.: 7,313

I have to say that Hedwig & Dobby were my biggest tearjerkers, couldn't see any rhyme or reason for their deaths. I was surprised at Tonks' death as she'd just had Teddy & assumed that at least one of his parents would have survived. (I think it was a blessing for Lupin really, he seemed to be struggling with his 'condition') Was never too sure if Snape was going to survive or not, I hadn't given it any thought 'til now, but I have to say that I not sure that he COULD have survived & just carried on with his life at Hogwarts.

+Quote Post
the_prisoner_of_...
post Sep 4 2009, 07:16 AM
Post #7

Huge HP Fan

Was never too sure if Snape was going to survive or not, I hadn't given it any thought 'til now, but I have to say that I not sure that he COULD have survived & just carried on with his life at Hogwarts.

hehe I also kinda figured if he was 'good' (and we all know how much I hate using that term with Snape lol) the baddies were bound to kill him and if he was 'evil' the good guys were bound to kick some Snape butt you know with the murdering DD and all (IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif)

+Quote Post
Grubbly-Plank
post Sep 4 2009, 07:52 AM
Post #8

HP Fan

QUOTE (the_prisoner_of_azkaban @ Sep 4 2009, 02:16 PM) *
hehe I also kinda figured if he was 'good' (and we all know how much I hate using that term with Snape lol) the baddies were bound to kill him and if he was 'evil' the good guys were bound to kick some Snape butt you know with the murdering DD and all (IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif)

I agree, unfortunately he was, as they say, 'on a hiding to nowhere'.!!! Poor ol' Snape. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sorry.gif) And what a way to go!! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/snake.gif)

+Quote Post
baty4potter
post Sep 4 2009, 09:02 AM
Post #9

Dobby got me also! Very sad.

As for Snape.... I have to say I felt no remorse for him dying. His death was inevitable, and I don't care how he turned out to be, he was a JERK!! No Excuse for it; he was an adult and should have acted accordingly. But then again if he wasn't such a jerk his character would have been boring. ROFL!! I actually loved his character. :~)

+Quote Post
Grubbly-Plank
post Sep 4 2009, 11:24 AM
Post #10

HP Fan

I loved Snape's character too & actually wish we'd had more of him in the films. In the books he was very sardonic, but great entertainment value!!

Baty, for some reason I thought you'd already left to come over here! Am I having another senior moment!! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/huh.gif)

+Quote Post
whitewolf
post Sep 4 2009, 11:32 AM
Post #11

HP Fan

QUOTE (the_prisoner_of_azkaban @ Sep 4 2009, 08:16 AM) *

Snape was doom since the discovery of his part in Lily's death. He either wanted to kill Voldermort himself or through Harry do it in the end. I think he didn't care if he died (or Harry died, for that matter), the just wanted to get Voldermort and atone for what he did to Lily.

I still feel the Lupins as a couple was a unneccessary loss. Their survivial would have been a sign of sweet vindication for the Mauraduer generation.I would have liked to have seen Remus take out Greyback (that would have made his death worth it). Hedwig ( a direct hit at Harry's connection to the world he loved), Dobby (reminded Harry he was not just a victim of war or a boy on adventure, but the leader of the resistence), and Fred (family and a sign that Voldermort would kill generation after generation to win) were painful shockers, but they gave substance to the story that changed it from a fairy tale where all the good guys survive and all the bad guys get what's coming to them. They brought a realism that sends the message that war is costly, horrible and messy, but that evil must be answered with focused, clear purpose.

Also, as a former snake owner, while I applaud Neville's final solution, I think of Nagini as a victim of circumstances. She was possessed and not under her own control. Although, I think she died a lot more humanely than Bella would have done it. (And believe me Bella and Nag were headed for a showdown!) (Ha Ha Heeeee)

+Quote Post
the_prisoner_of_...
post Sep 5 2009, 03:35 AM
Post #12

Huge HP Fan

As for Snape.... I have to say I felt no remorse for him dying. His death was inevitable, and I don't care how he turned out to be, he was a JERK!! No Excuse for it; he was an adult and should have acted accordingly. But then again if he wasn't such a jerk his character would have been boring. ROFL!! I actually loved his character. :~)

Haha Baty, love that we seem to always be on the same page with Snape!! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

+Quote Post
baty4potter
post Sep 5 2009, 06:56 AM
Post #13

QUOTE (the_prisoner_of_azkaban @ Sep 5 2009, 04:35 AM) *
Haha Baty, love that we seem to always be on the same page with Snape!! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

Yeah, we've been on the same page many times. lol

+Quote Post
the_prisoner_of_...
post Sep 5 2009, 08:14 PM
Post #14

Huge HP Fan

Just another point. How did you feel about Moody's death?

I hated that that evil (rhymes with witch) Umbridge had his eye *YUCK* and that probably means the M.O.M found his body...and hence the D.E probably got at it. Poor Moody (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif) His death and it's aftermath were written beautifully by JKR and I really felt the emotions the OOTP were feeling....

+Quote Post
baty4potter
post Sep 6 2009, 08:41 AM
Post #15

QUOTE (the_prisoner_of_azkaban @ Sep 5 2009, 09:14 PM) *
Just another point. How did you feel about Moody's death?

I hated that that evil (rhymes with witch) Umbridge had his eye *YUCK* and that probably means the M.O.M found his body...and hence the D.E probably got at it. Poor Moody (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif) His death and it's aftermath were written beautifully by JKR and I really felt the emotions the OOTP were feeling....

I agree! I wanted to rip Umbridge's face off! I felt a lot of emotion in DH. When Hermione was being tortured I felt all of it. Great part in the book; well at least for me. I cried!

+Quote Post
whitewolf
post Sep 6 2009, 11:56 AM
Post #16

HP Fan

QUOTE (baty4potter @ Sep 6 2009, 09:41 AM) *
I agree! I wanted to rip Umbridge's face off! I felt a lot of emotion in DH. When Hermione was being tortured I felt all of it. Great part in the book; well at least for me. I cried!

It was Ron's screams that made that real for me. Everytime she screamed and Ron would scream her name.... ; The the burial; Harry digging the grave and Dean and Ron giving him their clothes(tears).... but I cried for a full ten after Luna's eulogy. Mad-eye was warrior who deserved a warrior's end. I think that he got that for the most part. Was glad that Harry retrieved the eye. As for Umbridge, I wished that Jk had found a way to give her a Dementor's kiss.

+Quote Post
the_prisoner_of_...
post Sep 7 2009, 04:12 AM
Post #17

Huge HP Fan

Was glad that Harry retrieved the eye. As for Umbridge, I wished that Jk had found a way to give her a Dementor's kiss.

Now that's one death I wouldn't have shed a tear for LOL!

+Quote Post
baty4potter
post Sep 7 2009, 07:50 AM
Post #18

QUOTE (whitewolf @ Sep 6 2009, 12:56 PM) *
It was Ron's screams that made that real for me. Everytime she screamed and Ron would scream her name.... ; The the burial; Harry digging the grave and Dean and Ron giving him their clothes(tears).... but I cried for a full ten after Luna's eulogy. Mad-eye was warrior who deserved a warrior's end. I think that he got that for the most part. Was glad that Harry retrieved the eye. As for Umbridge, I wished that Jk had found a way to give her a Dementor's kiss.

QUOTE (the_prisoner_of_azkaban @ Sep 7 2009, 05:12 AM) *
Now that's one death I wouldn't have shed a tear for LOL!

Oh Yeah, the Dementor's Kiss would definitely have been sweet!!!

And yes, Ron's screaming Hermione's name just tore me apart. I really hope they don't mess that up!

+Quote Post
ronweasleyrocks
post Nov 7 2010, 07:57 PM
Post #19

Hugest HP Fan

Member No.: 14

For me, the death I found most difficult to read in the final book was Dobby's. There was so much emotion brought out in it for me - there was someone who had risked their life again and again to help Harry fight evil, evil which had once ruled his life, to the death. True bravery. This part especially did it for me - that his eyes were “great, glassy orbs, sprinkled with light from the stars they could not see.” I bawled my eyes out....

+Quote Post
the_prisoner_of_...
post Nov 8 2010, 05:06 AM
Post #20

Huge HP Fan

great, glassy orbs, sprinkled with light from the stars they could not see

Does that sentence not just some up the brilliance of JKR's writing?? I totally agree, such a moving and incredibly sad scene!

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th July 2014 - 08:19 pm