IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

This translator is for your use, but if you use it, please realize that you must reply to messages in English. Thanks and enjoy!

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Movie/Book differences?
Loonymort
post Sep 15 2011, 08:15 AM
Post #1

Huge HP Fan

Group: Members
Member No.: 37

I watched the HP DHpt2 a few weeks ago. In the book when Harry reawoke after his "death", didnt he then kill Voldemort whilst at the same time Neville killed nagini with the sword - whereas the film it got dragged out.

Also when Snape was dying in the film and Harry collected his tear drop and saw his past - that never happened in the book did it?? As nice and warm-hearted it was, shouldn't it have been in the book? Also was Harry's son named "Albus Severus Potter" (after two previous headmasters of Hogwarts) in the book to?

Any more??
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
the_prisoner_of_...
post Nov 4 2011, 05:39 AM
Post #2

Huge HP Fan

Member No.: 5,046

I watched the HP DHpt2 a few weeks ago. In the book when Harry reawoke after his "death", didnt he then kill Voldemort whilst at the same time Neville killed nagini with the sword - whereas the film it got dragged out.

I suppose they needed to do it like that so that Neville was able to have his moment on screen (in the book you just hear about it).
Also when Snape was dying in the film and Harry collected his tear drop and saw his past - that never happened in the book did it?? As nice and warm-hearted it was, shouldn't it have been in the book? Also was Harry's son named "Albus Severus Potter" (after two previous headmasters of Hogwarts) in the book to?

Yes....yes you did. That's how Harry knew he was a horcrux in the book too.... and yes, yes he was.

This post has been edited by the_prisoner_of_azkaban: Nov 4 2011, 05:40 AM

+Quote Post
Loonymort
post Jan 14 2012, 01:55 PM
Post #3

Huge HP Fan

QUOTE (the_prisoner_of_azkaban @ Nov 4 2011, 11:39 AM) *
I suppose they needed to do it like that so that Neville was able to have his moment on screen (in the book you just hear about it).

Yes....yes you did. That's how Harry knew he was a horcrux in the book too.... and yes, yes he was.

Oh thanks. So Harry collected snape's teardrop in the book too?

To other members who previously used to post on this site YONKS ago may remember that i used to criticise the acting by dan, rupert and emma. Now however i feel they were outstanding especially in the latter films - especially dan (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

+Quote Post
baty4potter
post Jan 20 2012, 01:45 PM
Post #4

Greatest HP Fan That Ever Lived

Group: Admin
Member No.: 2

QUOTE (Loonymort @ Jan 14 2012, 02:55 PM) *
Oh thanks. So Harry collected snape's teardrop in the book too?

To other members who previously used to post on this site YONKS ago may remember that i used to criticise the acting by dan, rupert and emma. Now however i feel they were outstanding especially in the latter films - especially dan (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

I guess you can call it creative license on the part of WB. :~)

I thought they did an excellent job in the last couple of movies. I was especially impressed by Ruperts acting in the first installment of DH.

+Quote Post
Loonymort
post Jan 21 2012, 10:44 AM
Post #5

Huge HP Fan

Well Rupert did well baty but I think that Dan stood out the most. Entirely believeable. Also any news of a possible "Potter sequel" on the cards? I'm sure WB would love it but what about JK? It's not like she's short of a few bob.

+Quote Post
baty4potter
post Jan 23 2012, 07:45 AM
Post #6

Greatest HP Fan That Ever Lived

Group: Admin
Member No.: 2

QUOTE (Loonymort @ Jan 21 2012, 11:44 AM) *
Well Rupert did well baty but I think that Dan stood out the most. Entirely believeable. Also any news of a possible "Potter sequel" on the cards? I'm sure WB would love it but what about JK? It's not like she's short of a few bob.

Have not heard of any Sequels, and if so I can't see any of the originals doing it; well at least for now. As for JK.... I believe she is writing, but nothing going out yet unless it's under a pen name.

+Quote Post
Loonymort
post Jan 26 2012, 03:55 PM
Post #7

Huge HP Fan

Ok fingers crossed and if so let's hope it's the original cast too.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th November 2014 - 09:09 pm