IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

This translator is for your use, but if you use it, please realize that you must reply to messages in English. Thanks and enjoy!
25 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Two of a Kind, By Goldy Potter and LighthouseKate
GoldyPotter
post Mar 21 2004, 10:41 PM
Post #41

Average HP Fan

Group: Members
Member No.: 33

Harry's reaction to his particular part of the information was a little more self-controled, although no less astonished.

"You're a fairy princess?" he asked Goldy quietly. She smiled and nodded. "And you and I are...are...betrothed to be married?" Again, Goldy nodded.

"My mother sensed something special in you, Harry," she explained. "And this was before Voldemort attacked, so you didn't have your scar, or your --'addtional power' so to speak. But it was there, she knew, and she decided that you would be perfect for me. Your parents apparently agreed."

"But does this mean that I have to marry you?"

"It's a very old tradition," Goldy answered. "And the betrothal was initiated to bring together the Wizarding World and the Other Realm. It's more than just 'us', this time. Dumbledore, and the other wizards are in on it, too. We still have a few years, really, before we actually have to go through with the wedding. We could get to know one another...see if we could be happy with each other."

"It wouldn't hurt to give it a chance, I suppose," Harry replied. "At least now, I know."

"I wonder what everyone else at Hogwarts is going to think if they ever find out about this," Hermione said.

"Who knows," Goldy said. "And if Rita Skeeter found out..."

"Oh! Harry --and us-- would never hear the end of it!" Hermione let out an exasperated sigh. "Well, until everyone else finds out, we'll keep our mouths shut."

"Thanks," Goldy smiled. She reached over and took Harry by the hand. He smiled at her. Maybe it would not be so bad being bethrothed after all --if it was to someone like her!

They could hear the sounds of others returning to the common room.

Your turn. I'm thinking of writing a fanfic with Goldy going to Hogwarts to be with Harry because they're betrothed, and they have adventures, leading up to their wedding (which probibly makes it an alternate 6th or 7th year fic). heh. Imagine the Durseys meeting Goldy...

Harry: Uncle Vernon; Aunt Petunia; this is Princess Goldina of Fairyland of the Other Realm. She's my new bride. We'll be living partly in the Wizard World, partly in the Other Realm. Either way, you won't be seeing me again, so, bye. (The couple apparate to their new home.)

Uncle Vernon: ::Has massive heart attack::

:hogwarts: :harry: :lbolt: :hermy: :orb: :ron: :wand: :hedwig: :gryffindor:
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
PawPrint
post Mar 22 2004, 09:29 PM
Post #42

Average HP Fan

Member No.: 52

*sigh*Why did I ever agree to this betrothel plot line?I'm more of an action person,sure,one of my Inu fics is kinda leaning toward a pairing between Spike and Sesshomaru,it's more like mild affection.

Just enough to melt Sesshomaru's icy heart,but not enough to turn either char into a pansy.

Come to think of it,I never planned for the Other Realm to have a Fairyland,the only faeries they had were the three inch tall kind and they were all in one garden behind the Royal Palace.

This fic is really starting to mess with my views of the place.

Spike quickly recalled Treecko and Goldy recalled her Pikachu,the gold-clad plopped into one of the many armchairs.

That's all I had.

Spike's not liking of the betrothel is part of her Dog Demon nature,they are free spirited and strong willed,not liking to be controled in any way,shape,or form.

Your turn

+Quote Post
GoldyPotter
post Mar 22 2004, 09:48 PM
Post #43

Average HP Fan

Don't worry, the action may just be begining. Or have you forgotten about a certain reporter...

"I'm going to get to bed before the others get in here," Goldy said. "I think that tomorrow, we should let Dumbledore know that you've found out."

"He probibly already knows," Harry said. "There doesn't seem to be much that he doesn't know."

"That's true," Goldy replied. "Good night, then. I'll see everyone tomorrow."

"Good night, Goldy," Harry said.

"Good night," came from both Hermione and Ron.

"Good night," Spike said after a while.

The gold-clad girl disappeared into the girl's dorm.

*~*~*~*~*~

Outside the window, unseen by the children, was a strange woman with a quill pen and parchment paper. She had been listening intently as the young wizards spoke, and was plesently surprised at what she had learned.

"So," the woman said to herself, "Harry Potter has himself a fiancee. That is very interesting. I'll be sure to write this scoop up, myself!"

With a satisfied smirk, Rita Skeeter flew off into the night.

Your turn. Okay, there's our opertunity for action. You know as well as I the trouble Rita Skeeter can stir up for our heros with her "scoops". Let's see what she can do with this bit of news.

+Quote Post
PawPrint
post Mar 23 2004, 09:20 PM
Post #44

Average HP Fan

Spike soon headed up to bed.She was tired from the days events.She had the strangest feeling tommorow would be different somehow.

~*~*~*~

The next morning they all headed down to breakfast together,laughing and joking,but all that stopped when they reach the Great Hall.

Everyone.Absolutely everyone was staring at them,some were snickering,others were talking quietly to their friends,and others were giving them odd looks.

"Hey Potter!" came the voice a Malfoy"Nice job loverboy!"

Goldy gave Spike a look and the winged girl just shrugged,they made their way to the table followed by whispers and snickers all the way there.

"I think you outta see this" George said as they sat down

He handed Hermione the paper.She read the front page and....*gasp* shock/horrer!

"That horrible women!" Hermione cried

"Lemme see that!" Ron said taking the paper,he and Harry read it

"Oh no!" Ron said

"This is so not good" Harry said

Spike took the paper and she and Goldy read together

"No!" was all Goldy said

Spike hadn't said a word.

Instead,every feather was bristling with rage,she clutched the paper and every jug of orange juice,every plate,spoon,knife,and fork along the Gryffindor table began shaking,they shook violently,so much that the orange juice spilled over onto the table

Rita Skeeter is in for it now.For she hath incured the wrath of Spike.

Since she printed the article does that mean everybody knows that Goldy's a fairy and Spike's a Dog Demon?

I have a plan for Rita Skeeter you get her into the castle with the kids and Spike will do the rest.

Your turn

+Quote Post
GoldyPotter
post Mar 23 2004, 09:38 PM
Post #45

Average HP Fan

Yep, they know.

"This Rita Skeeter," Goldy asked. "She's made trouble for you before?"

"Yeah," Harry said. "During the Triwizard Tournament."

"The woman wouldn't leave Harry alone," Ron put in. "And she twisted everything around."

"Speak of the devil..." Hermione whispered. She pointed to the entrance to the Great Hall.

Stroding in through the doors was the sensational reporter herself, crazy hornrim glasses and all.

"Harry dearie!" she shreeched. "How about a follow-up interview about this betrothal?"

Harry just froze, stunned, Goldy by his side.

Perfect! Rita thought. The two lovebirds together! This will make a great scoop-upon-a-scoop for me!

Rita stood ready, quill in hand, to begin the interview. Meanwhile, the students watched, wondering who was going to make the next move. Draco and his crew was openly sneering.

Your turn. It's all set for whatever your idea is.

+Quote Post
PawPrint
post Mar 24 2004, 09:46 PM
Post #46

Average HP Fan

If there's one thing you can do to get on the bad side of the Other Realm it's annoy one of its highest ranking officials,no not Spike,her father,Lord Taisho.

"You horrible women!" Spike yelled,she glared at the reporter,it was one of those heated glares that only a Dog Demon could posses

Her fluffy slivery white tail appeared,it was so long it draped over the chairs' arm and lay curled on the ground.

"How dare you barge into peoples private affairs!!!!" she screamed

Her cute white dog ears with the black tips tore through her blue bandanna,her fingernails lengthened and sharpened into claws,her canine teeth became fangs,and one eye turned golden while the other stayed brown with gold flecks.

She growled at Rita Skeeter,no not growled,snarled!A Dog Demon meant business when they snarled.

"DADDY!!!" she shouted for the everyone in the Great Hall to hear

A strange man with long silvery white hair appeared behind her

"Yes?" he asked

I'll leave the rest to you.

Your turn

+Quote Post
GoldyPotter
post Mar 25 2004, 06:18 PM
Post #47

Average HP Fan

"She's in for it now..." Goldy muttered to Harry and the others.

"Why?" Hermione asked.

"Never mess with an Other Realm noble --especially if they also happen to be Dog Demons," she answered.

They watched as Spike gave Lord Taisho a quick recap of the situation. Everyone took an involenterry step --or scoot, if they were seated-- back when he turned toward Rita Skeeter.

Rare was the creature that could look as fierce as an angry Dog Demon. (Hagrid could probibly find one, but it would take some major searching). Rita actually began to tremble in her shoes.

"Mad'am," Lord Taisho practically roared ("Worse than a Howler!" Ron was heard to comment.), "I have a few choice bones to pick with you!"

Your turn. I'll let you come up with what he actually says. I couldn't come up with anything he might say.

+Quote Post
PawPrint
post Mar 25 2004, 09:35 PM
Post #48

Average HP Fan

"Remember Daddy" Spike said in a sly,sweet tone"Be gentle if you're going to tear her to shreds"

"If you ever" Taisho said with a heated golden glare"Come near or print anything that dealves into the private lives of my daughter and her friends again,I will personally see to your disposale"

With that he strolled out of the Great Hall with all the students watching in awe.

"You heard him" Spike said "Scram"

Rita Skeeter left in an awefull big hurry

"Well" Spike said as she dusted her hands "That takes care of that"

She continued on with her breakfast,her fluffy tail and all things that proved she was indeed a Dog Demon disappeared.

"Wow" was all Harry said

"That was bloody fantastic!" Ron said

Taisho hasn't actually left the castle,he's just waiting patiantly in the Gryffindor Common Room......

Your turn

+Quote Post
GoldyPotter
post Mar 26 2004, 10:38 AM
Post #49

Average HP Fan

"What I'd tell ya," Goldy grinned.

The entire Great Hall was silent as the students went back to their breakfast. Harry chanced a glance at the teachers' table, and was surprised to see Dumbledore smiling in approval, Proff. McGonagall smirking in satisfaction, and Snape looking satisfingly uncomfortable. Dumbledore caught Harry's eye and gave him a mischievious wink.

Without knowing what else to do, Harry winked back.

Even Draco Malfoy and his crew was unusually subdued. They would remain so for the entire day.

"It's always good to see Lord Taisho," Goldy said pointingly.

Your turn.

+Quote Post
PawPrint
post Mar 27 2004, 06:28 PM
Post #50

Average HP Fan

"Yup" Spike chirped happily

"Is he always like that?" Neville asked as he had gone quite pale at the appearance of the Dog Demon

"No,he's quite gentle" Goldy said reassuringly

They finished with their breakfast and the day started as usual,throughout the day students gave the Dog Girl and Golden Fae a wide berth.Since they hung around with Harry and the others Draco Malfoy wisely chose to leave them alone.

Once the day was over Harry and the others paid a visit to Hagrid,where they were greeted by fang and spent time talking.

After that they headed back up to the castle,they soon reached the portrait doorway and gave the password to get inside,once it swung open they barely had room to enter.

The students were crowded tightly together,all of them pale faced and looking fearful.

Your turn

+Quote Post
GoldyPotter
post Mar 27 2004, 07:49 PM
Post #51

Average HP Fan

Sitting in one of the large chairs was Lord Taisho, calmly reading one of the books that could be found in the common room.

"Ah...Greetings, everyone!" he smiled, his fangs clearly showing. "I hope you don't mind me reading up on your school." The book he showed them bore the title, Hogwarts: A History. "Fasinating read."

"Of course not...sir," Harry replied boldly.

"And you must be Harry Potter," Lord Taisho said, giving his attention to the bespeckled boy. "Princess Goldina's intended. I've heard much of you."

"Yes, sir," Harry answered. He was determined to be respectful, even if he felt afraid.

Your turn. I suppose it would be too far of a stretch for Lord Taisho to say that he knew Harry's father, wouldn't it?

+Quote Post
PawPrint
post Mar 27 2004, 10:50 PM
Post #52

Average HP Fan

*shruggs* Don't know.And you don't have to call him Lord Taisho,only when he's being an official do people call him that,Taisho's just fine.But you can still call him that if you like.

On with the story!

Lord Taisho put the book aside and stood from the chair,he rose to his full height at which he loomed over the kids.It was rather frightening being stared down upon by a Dog Demon,even when he wasn't being threatening.

Neville looked like he was about ready to pass out.

Spike sighed and gave Goldy a look,the gold-clad girl understood and strolled up to Lord Taisho,she snuggled against his side where she was content to stand there.

Ron gulped,she was within reach of those poison producing claws.

Your turn

+Quote Post
GoldyPotter
post Mar 28 2004, 09:48 AM
Post #53

Average HP Fan

Harry was the first of the Gryffindors to take the "leap of faith" and join Goldy by Taisho's side. Then, he did something that startled the others.

He held out his hand to the Dog Demon.

"You are bold, Mr. Potter," Taisho said. He took Harry's hand and shook it. There was a tense, breathless moment as the others watched. A few wondered if Harry would drop dead from the poisoned claws of Spike's father.

"Thank you, sir," Harry replied. The Dog Demon released Harry's hand.

"And an excellent match," Taisho grinned, glancing at Goldy. Both teens could not help but blush a little.

When the others saw that Harry did not fall down dead after shaking hands with Lord Taisho, they became somewhat braver.

Your turn.

+Quote Post
PawPrint
post Mar 28 2004, 09:25 PM
Post #54

Average HP Fan

Spike locked arms with Hermione and Neville and brought them forward,her father smiled down upon them.Ron followed behind the Dog Girl.

"Gather 'round" Spike called "He doesn't bite"

"Usually" Goldy added which caused the two girls to giggle

Your turn

+Quote Post
GoldyPotter
post Mar 28 2004, 11:44 PM
Post #55

Average HP Fan

"Now girls," Taisho gently admonished, "don't frighten them."

With those kind words, the Gryffindors tossed aside all fear and gathered around the group. They piled on questions, about Dog Demons, the Other Realm, and everything they could think of. Taisho paitantly answered the questions as best he could.

"Too bad he's not teaching here," Ron whispered to Hermione.

"What could he teach?" the girl asked. Ron just shrugged.

"Defense Against the Dark Arts?" he suggested.

"One thing's for sure," Hermione said. "If he was, Draco would toe the line every moment of the day."

"That's true," Ron agreed.

Your turn.

+Quote Post
PawPrint
post Mar 29 2004, 09:28 PM
Post #56

Average HP Fan

Though they were whispering it still wasn't enough to escape the keen hearing of the Dog Demon,it was a fine suggestion indeed,he wasn't sure if his daughter would approve of it though.

He remembered when Spike had been causing trouble in the school in the Other Realm,he had come to teach there to curb the behavior.

She refused to speak to him for a whole week.

But after some gentle consoling by Atlanta she apologized,by then she had figured out a way around him and still managed to cause mischief.

He wasn't sure if that cleverness was a good thing or a bad thing though,but he did know that it came from her mother.The cleverness and cunning definately came from that wiley witch she had as a mother.

There was no doubt that stubborn girl was just like his father's son.

Your turn

+Quote Post
GoldyPotter
post Mar 30 2004, 11:15 AM
Post #57

Average HP Fan

My computer is acting goofy again, so I hope this gets through.

Even if Lord Taisho did not take up a job teaching at Hogwarts, it was still wonderful having him there.

"Maybe he could be a guest speaker, or something," Ron whispered. "Anything to let him stay longer."

Goldy found herself looking more at Harry than at anyone else. They were locked within the boundries of the bretrothal tradition, but that did not mean that it was a bad thing. And Harry was a better choise than some people she could name. Imagine being betrothed to Draco Malfoy!

Your turn. The betrothal thing does give me a good thing to fall back on when I can't come up with anything else to post.

+Quote Post
PawPrint
post Mar 30 2004, 03:37 PM
Post #58

Average HP Fan

Spike noticed where the gold-clad girl was staring,she waved her hand in front of Goldy's face to bring her out of her thoughts.

"Snap out of it Goldster,you're really starting to scare me" Spike said

Spike leaned against her father's side where she was gently encompassed by his arm.For a moment she stared at his clawed fingers and the two red stripes on his wrist,it was amazing how something that could easily snap your bones in two could be so gentle.

She looked up at him,he smiled down at her and she smiled back.

"Daddy?" she asked quietly,just enough for him to hear only

"Hmmm?" was the response she got

"Why couldn't they have sacraficed one of the less important people to the betrothel?" she questioned

"Sacraficed?You make it sound horrible" Taisho replied

"Was I ever going to be betrothed?" she was just curious

"We thought about.But then decided against it"

"I'm glad" Spike answered

Her father gave her a gentle squeeze

Your turn

+Quote Post
GoldyPotter
post Mar 31 2004, 11:05 AM
Post #59

Average HP Fan

True, most betrothals wouldn't turn out like the one in Disney's Sleeping Beauty. Still, it's a very peacefull way of cementing an alliance, --at least, for royalty, since the marriage would mean that the children would rule both kingdoms, and their children would later rule the joined kingdom as one kingdom. At least, that's how it's suppose to work in Sleeping Beauty. Only because the Prince and Princess met each other in the woods earlier and fell in love, did everything turn out okay after all. (Phillip and Aurora each fell for the person they were suppose to marry --even though neither knew it at the time. They just did it on their own.)

Goldy thought about the betrothal. It was a very old tradition, to marry off members of royalty to other royalty, in order to seal an alliance. Many human kingdoms did it, and the Fairy Kingdom was no exception to the rule.

Goldy was not against tradition. Tradition was part of one's past, and part of what made a people themselves. She would not ask anyone to give up their traditions just because they were thought to be "old-fashioned".

Goldy was also a "modern girl", and loved new things. One look at her normal clothes told you that the Golden Fae would feel just at home in a nightclub as she would in the Fairy Royal Palace.

To Goldy, traditions could be balaced with the modern world. All it took was the acceptance of both. She was actually willing to give this bethrothal a chance.

Hey, if the Japanese could do it, why could she not?

Had Spike been the one betrothed to Harry, she would have probibly fought it tooth and claw. Whether or not she would have succeded would have been another story alltogether. Those in charge tended to wig when their expectations are not met.

A Wizard Hero and a Fairy Princess, Goldy thought. What a combo!

Your turn.

+Quote Post
PawPrint
post Mar 31 2004, 10:02 PM
Post #60

Average HP Fan

I haven't watched Sleeping Beauty in awhile so I wouldn't know.Betrothels seem a little,I don't know,dictatorish to me.

On with the story!

I heard that Spike quippedSo he survives one lethal curse by the worst Dark Wizard of all time and he's some big hero.I survived a massive attack by two Dog Demons that would've killed any person or demon for that matter and no one mentions that

Besides Spike continuedDon't you remember that time when we were younger?

Remember what? Goldy questioned

I pushed you down and made you cry Spike said as if it were nothing

Your turn

+Quote Post

25 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd July 2014 - 08:23 am